So, how is everyone feeling about Wednesday? | Vital Football

So, how is everyone feeling about Wednesday?

Edinburgh_Imp

Vital Youth Team
Personally, I'm feeling quite apprehensive. I keep thinking about the game and then get a nervous feeling - like when you had an important exam at school coming up, or you've got an important job interview soon.

The rational part of my brain keeps using logic to try and put me at ease. It reminds me that we've got a fully fit squad now, that we've played some brilliant football this season and that other teams will not be confident about playing us. But, the irrational part of my brain seems stronger and reminds me about the 0-4 home defeat earlier in the season, our terrible play-off record and how we've really overachieved this season and shouldn't expect more than we've had.

And I know there are far more important things going on in the world right now to be apprehensive about, but in footballing terms this is all I can think about. I don't feel excited about the game like the recent FA Cup run or the NL/L2 title winning run-ins. These playoffs feel bigger. Who knows when we will next be this close to playing in the Championship.

I’m quite chilled at the moment but will no doubt be up a few notches come the game. Be interesting to see how the players relate to having fans in - hopefully they will love it and respond. I think a lot will depend on what MA says before the game - hopefully relax and show what you can do, but be aware of the physical threat of Sunderland from the first minute.

I’ve cleaned behind the sofa...

Seriously though, it’s in our own hands. We have the quality and the minerals to go up. It shall all depend on whether the relative naivety of a younger squad can hold up against the aggression and experience. We will need to be on our game, but if we are, I fancy us to win.

Pretty relaxed, tbh. Feels like a free-hit after the season we've had.
I get where you're coming from definitely. No one would have expected this so it's amazing. On the other hand, to have been up there for most of the season and in contention for automatic it will feel like a blow somewhat, at least to me. And who knows when the next chance will be in what is a very competitive league.

Counting the minutes down!
We have played some extremely important matches over the last five years but these upcoming games feel like the biggest in all my years of watching the Imps.
Were i think we have the biggest advantage is on the sidelines I truly believe Mapp is a far better Manager than Johnson and that will swing it our way.
Whatever happens I am proud to be an Imp.

Nervous but also eager for it to be here. It's been ages since the last game of the season and the fact the last two games were dead rubbers has made the wait even longer.

Keep dreaming that we have an injury crisis or something. Last night was Jackson, Walsh and Palmer injured.

I'm looking forward to this .No pressure. The big Apple will set us right and youthful arrogance and flair will do the rest. It's all on Sunderland. The pressure and fear of failure. Being beaten by the 'likes of Lincoln '
Or the misguided expectation that 'it's only Lincoln ' .So, the bigger they are the harder they fall.

Very nervous but looking forward to it immensely. I can’t help thinking back to the 81/82 season when we were so so close and stumbled at the very last. That sense of disappointment and what might of been has never gone. With the two previous play off final defeats added, I just hope this year is ours. In Big🍎 we believe 👊💥👏👏

Sad and excited if I'm honest. Sad because they'll be people in the ground and I'm not one of them, excited because im getting together for the 1st time in what feels like forever with my dad and son to watch it together on the box. As for what happens on the pitch, this has a very different feel to our other play off ventures. We're in very good hands, we might just do this.

I'm looking forward to it. I was lucky in the ballot and have a ticket in co op Upper 4, so only one block along from where I normally sit. I feel like I will be able to influence the game when I am there (even if this is not the case)

I like having i follow, but for me it is not the same. The high of winning and being part of something, the crowd, the belonging and seeing friends. I would be more nervous watching on the telly, especially with what I imagine will be a fairly biased assessment from the sky 'experts'.

I'm looking forward to this .No pressure. The big Apple will set us right and youthful arrogance and flair will do the rest. It's all on Sunderland. The pressure and fear of failure. Being beaten by the 'likes of Lincoln '
Or the misguided expectation that 'it's only Lincoln ' .So, the bigger they are the harder they fall.

Absolutely this OG ... there is no pressure on us whatsoever, which could suit our flair players, especially in the 2nd Leg on Saturday.

Looked at one of the sunderland fans forums and they urge the team to stay focused with 3 games coming up. A bit arrogant , they are presuming a win against us. At least I could not find the phrase'with all respects to the likes of Lincoln. '

Sensing that we are very relaxed. Home form to come good, 3 nil on Wednesday night, bound to score away as they go for broke trying to salvage something and game over. Feel like Oxford Blackpool are in a similar position and therefore predicting Imps vs Oxford Blackpool at Wembley.

Last edited:
Just watched the PO game between Barnsley & Swansea (for promotion to the Prem). I know the nerves play a part and I wouldn’t like to underestimate anything, but I have to say I wasn’t overly impressed with the quality. Not taking anything for granted but if our guys are really on their game (& don’t get bullied out of it, or stuffed by poor officials) I reckon we have a real chance 🤞🤞.