Snow | Page 2 | Vital Football

Snow

Delta's cancelled my flight and their re-scheduling doesn't work and is highly likely to be canceled again. Oh well. Another time.

That`s so disappointing, Jokerman. Does this mean that Edgeley Park is off the agenda ? There`s no certainty (at all) that the game will go ahead anyway, though I understand that SCFC has had covers on for a week and some form of heating apparatus deployed at night. I won`t commit until after the pitch inspection tomorrow. Hope that you can re-arrange to your benefit.

That`s so disappointing, Jokerman. Does this mean that Edgeley Park is off the agenda ? There`s no certainty (at all) that the game will go ahead anyway, though I understand that SCFC has had covers on for a week and some form of heating apparatus deployed at night. I won`t commit until after the pitch inspection tomorrow. Hope that you can re-arrange to your benefit.

Yup. I'll be shovelling from now until Christmas.

Here's the very latest in pitch warming technology from Edgeley Park. I'm confident the match will go ahead.

1671126231709.jpeg

Just been shoveling in -5 F with a wind chill of -26 F.

Remember all that guff I said about the right kit and good prep? Total bollox. I’m frozen.

Don’t suppose you want to hear that for the next 4 or 5 months here in Brisbane it’ll probably be 30deg+ and humid? No, thought not….

We’ve been flooded the last 9 months. Probably be on fire the next 5 so it’s not all roses.

Just back from 5 days in snowy austria. Thats my snow fix done for the next few months.

Weird how the snow there never compacts into treacherous ice within days as it does here. Paths were still "crunchy snow". Any clever people know why ? Its dryer (humidity) there so thats all i have to offer.

Stay safe in the US for those over there. Thats a serious storm

Just back from 5 days in snowy austria. Thats my snow fix done for the next few months.

Weird how the snow there never compacts into treacherous ice within days as it does here. Paths were still "crunchy snow". Any clever people know why ? Its dryer (humidity) there so thats all i have to offer.

Stay safe in the US for those over there. Thats a serious storm
Total guess but I’d say as our climate is more variable it’s the thawing and re freezing that makes everything icy. Plus the amount of foot and vehicle traffic

Weird how the snow there never compacts into treacherous ice within days as it does here. Paths were still "crunchy snow". Any clever people know why ? Its dryer (humidity) there so thats all i have to offer. Stay safe in the US for those over there. Thats a serious storm

Maybe we lack True Grit.

A load of power outages around us, but we and the daughter out on the farm are ok. Snow done but very high winds. Ploughs and shovels this morning. Six ships out on the big lake in big water with freezing spray. I imagine the crews alternate between chipping ice, exercising and playing computer games. Tough isolated life but goodish money.