Moussa Sissoko - Player Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

Moussa Sissoko - Player Thread

Well, we've all lined up to praise him, yesterday he reverted to type.

Appalling.

He needed shooting the car park after yesterday's display.

I never thought I would defend him.....

But him and Dier are the victims of having to play 3 games in 8 days.

Madness.

I thought Poch would rest Sissoko and play Winks. Moussa was not as good as the last 2 games but nobody shone really. He had one hell of a task in MF with Dier lumbering about. He still worked very hard . I know our options were limited but Winks was the obvious alternative.

I thought Poch would rest Sissoko and play Winks. Moussa was not as good as the last 2 games but nobody shone really. He had one hell of a task in MF with Dier lumbering about. He still worked very hard . I know our options were limited but Winks was the obvious alternative.

Unfortunately, we are still having to manage Winks and Lamela's minutes in the pitch, neither can yet (will they ever) be considered 'fully fit'.

Unfortunately, we are still having to manage Winks and Lamela's minutes in the pitch, neither can yet (will they ever) be considered 'fully fit'.

Even if Winks had come on earlier instead of the 79 th minute it would have helped, he looked fit and pumped up to me.

My guess is that Sissoko and Llorente are the 2 worst 5-s-side footballers at the club. It showed yesterday as when you have a congested midfield in a NLD, it's the 5-a-side footballers quo are best equipped. Some of Arsenals technical abilities over Dier and Sissoko were embarrassing.

Sissoko is our flat track bully to play a bunch of lower table sides in the Prem. He's never going to excel against the top sides but can be a nuisance against the lesser teams.

My guess is that Sissoko and Llorente are the 2 worst 5-s-side footballers at the club. It showed yesterday as when you have a congested midfield in a NLD, it's the 5-a-side footballers quo are best equipped. Some of Arsenals technical abilities over Dier and Sissoko were embarrassing.

Sissoko is our flat track bully to play a bunch of lower table sides in the Prem. He's never going to excel against the top sides but can be a nuisance against the lesser teams.
Its one of the reasons i want Ndombele and wanted Maddison. Oh and wouldn't go near that cart-horse the Chavs brought, we need technically adept players you can carry one Eric Dire to hand out the punishment beatings but ONLY one. By the way im not having Foyth and im troubled by what feels like a national bias towards Argentines by Poch.

Its one of the reasons i want Ndombele and wanted Maddison. Oh and wouldn't go near that cart-horse the Chavs brought, we need technically adept players you can carry one Eric Dire to hand out the punishment beatings but ONLY one. By the way im not having Foyth and im troubled by what feels like a national bias towards Argentines by Poch.

What bias? Gazza was a world beater before he came in, and Foyth was just about to break into the Barca 11!

Even if Winks had come on earlier instead of the 79 th minute it would have helped, he looked fit and pumped up to me.

It was so painfully obvious that we needed to make a change or double change shortly after the second half started. It all was leading up toward them scoring and if MP would have made a change, who knows...but I do think bringing on Toby and possibly Winks or Lucas could have stabalized things a bit and forced Arsenal to adjust...

It was so painfully obvious that we needed to make a change or double change shortly after the second half started. It all was leading up toward them scoring and if MP would have made a change, who knows...but I do think bringing on Toby and possibly Winks or Lucas could have stabalized things a bit and forced Arsenal to adjust...

Yep, totally agree and that was exactly the conversation we were having at the time.

Unfortunately, yesterday's game also showed us what it is like to be cute in the transfer market. MoM Torreira cost £26m whilst Kolasinac was a freebie from Schalke the season before. Both superb. Whilst I thought Mike Read failed top punish Socratis for a series of bad fouls, I thought he also played well though. Guendouzi brought a load of energy into their side towards the end as well. He cost £8m.

Apparently, we can't find players available that can improve us :-)

Madness.

Given how little he's played, I just can't see it as a reason for his abject performance, but I accept it might have affected him as his self-belief and his confidence seem soo fragile.

No m ate, I meant that my original comment was sarcastic. I agree with both of you.
I have a saints fan as a mate who is adamant that Gazzaniga is some how related to Poch. He say's Gazza is a poor league one keeper. That we have a reserve keeper who is overseas when we have issues with meeting our home grown contingent is utter madness. Questions need to be asked about Poch strategic thinking. Squad balance subs weird stuff!

I have a saints fan as a mate who is adamant that Gazzaniga is some how related to Poch. He say's Gazza is a poor league one keeper. That we have a reserve keeper who is overseas when we have issues with meeting our home grown contingent is utter madness. Questions need to be asked about Poch strategic thinking. Squad balance subs weird stuff!

Southampton fans all think he's pony but he's been pretty good for us this season.

Torreira was annoyingly brilliant against us.

Madness.
Didn't you want Poch to play Toby who has also played 3 games in eight days? Toby also played in both of Belgium games I believe.