Moussa Sissoko - Player Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

Moussa Sissoko - Player Thread

Jenas suggested his confidence was low so played too safe and sideways backwards. That may have been instructions from the coach. His swashbuckling runs have been more regular now, possibly with Winks or Dier with him covering.

Jenas suggested his confidence was low so played too safe and sideways backwards. That may have been instructions from the coach. His swashbuckling runs have been more regular now, possibly with Winks or Dier with him covering.

I thought Jenas was also implying that the sideways and backwards stuff came as much from the mood of the crowd. He didn't have the confidence to play the way he did at Newcastle and didn't want to fall further out of favour with the naysayers on the terraces. He just did the safe thing.

Along with many others I saw what Sissoko played like for France in the Euros.Obviously someone at Spurs felt the same way.That old saying form is temporary,class is permanent is always in my mind when judging a player.I saw enough then to keep believing in him.I'm not always right obviously but I got this one right & that has got to be good for our club hasn't it?

I thought Jenas was also implying that the sideways and backwards stuff came as much from the mood of the crowd. He didn't have the confidence to play the way he did at Newcastle and didn't want to fall further out of favour with the naysayers on the terraces. He just did the safe thing.

For a few games Sissoko may have been the last choice for Poch. He may have been told...keep it simple and don't give the ball away , pass it to Alli or Eriksen etc . It's almost as if the pressure and stress of failing has been lifted. I think he is still mindful of only advancing when safe as his role is not an easy one in MF. The comment by Poch was interesting . He subbed Sissoko off a while back, possibly when he was at a low ebb and told him....you have a future here. Sissoko has obvious attributes, it's coaxing the best out of him that is the challenge. One might ask...why has it taken so long ?

For a few games Sissoko may have been the last choice for Poch. He may have been told...keep it simple and don't give the ball away , pass it to Alli or Eriksen etc . It's almost as if the pressure and stress of failing has been lifted. I think he is still mindful of only advancing when safe as his role is not an easy one in MF. The comment by Poch was interesting . He subbed Sissoko off a while back, possibly when he was at a low ebb and told him....you have a future here. Sissoko has obvious attributes, it's coaxing the best out of him that is the challenge. One might ask...why has it taken so long ?

Confidence

Was driving 'up North' yesterday afternoon listening to Hawksbee and Jacobs and they had one of the contributors to the fighting cock podcast on (at least I think it was) and Paul as a Spurs fan was asking did anyone predict that Sissoko could turn it around after being so rubbish for two seasons?

He then went on to say that anyone that says he did, is a liar! LOL!

The whole sketch/ review of Sissoko was as funny as hell, and just re-emphasized that there is isn't a Spurs fan who isn't incredulous at his long overdue emergence !!!

Spursex,I heard that podcast too.You should realise that those 2 guys talk endless s--t to fill in the long hours on 5 live. Bit like some of the posters here.

well I wasnt to optimistic on him to be a first team regular. I still thought he had some good spells before. I saw him as a backup player. Always recognized his strength and also that he is strong in transition game. But now he is also capable of game winning assists and reading the game. Very happy it turned around for him. I actually want every spurs player to succeed, so I am always happy when they progress.

I think it's common knowledge I have backed him all the way. Not out of blinkered loyalty because he is a Spurs player either. He hasn't been crap for two seasons. His first was for sure but I give him a pass on that due to no pre season and settling in, trying to find how he slots in. Last season he contributed significantly in covering injuries and rotation. He played a lot of games and for the most part did his job . There was a steady improvement last season and this . He is now asking the question.....am I still only a squad player ?

What about where he plays, what his remit is, who his playing partners are ? Poch gave us a clue when he said Sissoko was pretty unique as a transitional MF. We have seen this lately with that wonderful tackle where he steamed back and of course his storming forward runs. I was surprised he was picked against Inter , I thought the Italians MF would be too intricate and packed. As it turned out they sat back and almost pulled it off.

Spursex,I heard that podcast too.You should realise that those 2 guys talk endless s--t to fill in the long hours on 5 live. Bit like some of the posters here.

Love Hawksby and Jacobs. Best show on the radio. 2 very articulate, intelligent and humorous guys that can talk about anything, sport or otherwise. It's amazing how great radio can be when there's no ego's in play. If only Adrian Durham could figure that out. All he does is choose the devil's advocate position, make it his own opinion and create show after show of boring crap with his puppet Goughy.

With H&J, I can barely stop listening. With Durham and Goughy I can barely keep the radio on for more than 20-30 mins before tuning out.

Agree with everything here apart from the H&J generalisation ,just cos they got it wrong they try & say we all got Sissoko wrong.Anyway I've said enough on this. I feel that Sissoko surprised Inter by running at them with pace & power,like Harry did in the first half.'They don't like it up em, Capt Mannering. 'I wonder if he can do the same to Barca!

I was one of the few who wanted Sissoko here as I foresaw him as someone who could break the lines, stretch the play and bring Alli and Eriksen into the game. It worked perfectly against Inter.

There is absolutely no way i could come on here and say I thought Sissoko could improve us . I thought it incredulous when we nicked him from Everton and have only just been forced to eat my hat ,the one I said I would go out and buy , if he ever turned his game around .

Think there is still a fair way to go though before I buy a poster and put it up in my bedroom !!! .................... That is a joke by the way , I would have to take down my poster of Hoddle and Waddle first , and my wife loves that one . Pure class :wahey:

Well, we've all lined up to praise him, yesterday he reverted to type.

Appalling.

He needed shooting in the car park after yesterday's display.

Last edited: