Sir Gareth Ainsworth! Always a class act when he comes back and acknowledges our fans! Would you have him back as manager when the Cowleys move on? | Vital Football

Sir Gareth Ainsworth! Always a class act when he comes back and acknowledges our fans! Would you have him back as manager when the Cowleys move on?

R

redimps1

Especially if he has a promotion on his CV from Wycombe.Im told ( sorry john noble)that he would be interested in discussing it.

I highly rate him as a manager. I suggested we got him in when Wycombe were broke and he avoided relegation with them in his first season in charge...

I would welcome Gareth back once the Cowleys have moved onto West Ham. Let's hope it is a very long time before Gareth rides through the gates at SB.

What a Thread Title it fills half the page :grinning:

Yes I would but I personally don't think he would ever really come back here.

I've a lot of respect for Gareth Ainsworth. If ever he became Lincoln manager one day, I would welcome him. Hopefully wont be for a long time if ever though.

I think the halo slipped a fair way tonight. Embarrassing, Gareth.

Came for a point and got it. 3rd place in the league with automatic promotion in their own hands. If we had done this and lets face it we have in the very recent past, we'd be hailing a tactical masterstroke.

Also take it as a compliment to how far we have advanced as Gareth clearly identified this game to be a point earned rather than two lost. I would still welcome him back here should any vacancy occur

Tactical masterstroke?
Good point, and one they clearly came for, but an utter crime against sport. I can take all the tricks later in the game, not from the first whistle.

Tactical masterstroke?
Good point, and one they clearly came for, but an utter crime against sport. I can take all the tricks later in the game, not from the first whistle.
I reckon it was 9 minutes in, when the time wasting started and around 1.5 mins for a throw in to be taken in the first half.

I have no problem with teams putting 11 behind the ball, playing the long ball, short ball, or playing like Barcelona or Barnet. But when the the intention from the off is to have the ball in play as little as possible I find it an insult to the people that have payed there hard earned, to watch the game.

Credit to the Wycombe fans for turning up for that,they may be happy with a point but all very sad for football.