Sir Dennis & Any Other U2 Fan | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sir Dennis & Any Other U2 Fan

Absolute Radio played their new single tonight .It's called Ordinary Love. Not sure if it off the forthcoming album or part of the sound track from the Nelson Mandela film that is out soon , but it's very catchy and I wasn't disappointed. Lots of keyboards in it as well which is a little different for them

Nice song! Doubt that will be on the album as it is for the Mandela film according to that link

I'm pleased to hear this. Lovely sound and arrangement.
Feels very 'British', with a splash or originality.
A good sign. Miles better than than tinkly Ordinary Love.

The New Album

"We're in the studio still," The Edge admits during that dressing-room interview when asked about U2's progress on the new album. The record was expected to be out last December; it is now tentatively set for release this summer. But the Edge will only confirm that "we really want the songs to be right. That's the only reason why we're not on tour – because we're so good at starting, not so good at finishing. That's always the way it's been."

The guitarist says the band has around 30 songs "that we're excited about, in various states of being finished." Of those, "six or seven are mixed and ready to go." There is "a common thread" too – "the period of music, in our lives and history, when we really came into being, turned on by music, the seeds that made us want to be in a band.

"The thing about U2 songs," The Edge continues, "is there is no set way they come into being. A couple of songs on the album have literally been like, 'We're all together, here's some chords, let's see what happens.' And suddenly, an hour later, there is a song, an arrangement and a recording. Other things, you know there is something great in there, how to make it really count.

"We're dogged," he says proudly. "Some people go, 'We tried it. It didn't work out. Next idea.' We don't abandon our songs if we really believe there is something there. We're going to keep pushing. We just don't give up."

The Edge gets up to leave. The band is flying back to Dublin right away – they have an album to finish. When asked, as he is about to go out the door, if the album has a title, The Edge replies, "Not yet. We have a few." He laughs "That's the problem."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/blogs/alternate-take/u2-open-up-about-new-album-after-historic-rooftop-tonight-show-gig-20140218

Looks like we have to wait a bit longer for the new album then.

Ffs, get on with it already!!!!!!

Must admit wish they had released some of their other 'stuff' in the meantime. They were talking about having loads and maybe a double cd etc. I'd love to hear some of the more experimental things that may never see the light of day.

I can also never figure why one of the best live bands around haven't released a live album since wide awake and red rocks, apart from the limited to members release live in Australia.

Got live DVDs but obviously you can't play those as CDs as I would like to!!

Just come to the end of all the U2 albums including b side and limited stuff in my a-a playing of CDs. Most enjoyable!!

Yes good point about the Live CD's . Would be brilliant to be able to play them in the car.

The last tour was amazing a CD of that would be fantastic.

Slightly disappointed with that as the first single, after this long a wait, I thought they might really have mashed things up again, like when they did Achtung...

We'll see. Still be better than most of the stuff released this year or next no doubt!

Yes little bit of a grower though I must admit.

They played "One" on the radio earlier, just the most wonderful song.

Yeah, a lot of their stuff is to be fair. I hated Zooropa when I first heard it.

The Fear - 19/2/2014 11:57

Got live DVDs but obviously you can't play those as CDs as I would like to!!

Isn't there a program that converts sound on dvd to mp3 format so you can then burn a copy (as wave files) to play as an ordinary cd? I'll ask my techie colleagues at work about it. If there's a pc program out there that can do this they'll know all about it.

sirdennis - 20/2/2014 16:20

Yes little bit of a grower though I must admit.

I'm sure you'll manage to brainwash yourself into liking it if you listen to it enough.

I always find the vocals a bit muted.

Must be something to do with Bono having his head shoved so far up his own arse.

Pressure is on, been sooooo long in the making.

Can't wait !

He's a rock star Juan, I like them being arrogant and at least, whether we agree with all of his stuff or not, he tries to use his fame for a bit of good in the world.

I love U2 !

Yes I like to keep U2 The Band and Bono the personality separate.

JF. If Daniel Lanois says its good , I think that bodes well.