Simon Jordan | Page 2 | Vital Football

Simon Jordan

As above he left Palace years ago basically because he ran out of money and could not afford to fund them any longer.

Yes, after the same thing happened to his predecessor Mark Goldberg, now of Bromley fame. Palace actually bankrupted him.

Jordan made his fortune in mobile phones but sold his business to a bigger fish, I believe.

Now has enough time on his hands to sit with Jim White every weekday between 10 a.m and 1 p.m on Talksport and gift everyone his perceived wisdom on all football matters.

Tends to like playing Devil's advocate. A lot.

Sounds like meaningless radio-based clickbait. Have a rant about someone who's already regarded as a pantomime villain, put the clip on social media, stoke a bit of a response, bring more listeners in, and same again tomorrow.

I wondered if that was a reference to Scally wasting time dealing with the “Scally Out” brigade?
Edit: and it’s minutiae

Doubt it . More likely the details rather than holistic view on things.

Thanks for the spelling. I couldn't get it close enough even for a suggested spelling to pop up 😉

Paul Scally is right - the EFL needs improved regulation if it is to survive. Don`t know if Simon Jordan is associated with the ownership of Crystal Palace but, the ball park that the Premiership play in may not be too bothered about what goes on in the EFL - why would they ? they`re a protectionist racket full of wealth and greed.

Thats a fair point, but the EFL voted througha pay cap and the PFA challenged it. Can't see the 'bigger' boys in the EFL voting through regulation that may hinder their own ambitions. Only clubs who feel they're playing on an unfair playing field will think regulation is good. An independent regulator telling any business owner how to run their own business is very strange and wouldn't be considered plausible in any other business. The simple fact is most football clubs spend beyond their means, no matter what division they play in.

Thats a fair point, but the EFL voted througha pay cap and the PFA challenged it. Can't see the 'bigger' boys in the EFL voting through regulation that may hinder their own ambitions. Only clubs who feel they're playing on an unfair playing field will think regulation is good. An independent regulator telling any business owner how to run their own business is very strange and wouldn't be considered plausible in any other business. The simple fact is most football clubs spend beyond their means, no matter what division they play in.
An independent regulator would never instruct the financial services industry how to behave, or the communication industry, or the energy industry or the ………..

Sounds like meaningless radio-based clickbait. Have a rant about someone who's already regarded as a pantomime villain, put the clip on social media, stoke a bit of a response, bring more listeners in, and same again tomorrow.
To be fair that’s their job to do exactly that

An independent regulator would never instruct the financial services industry how to behave, or the communication industry, or the energy industry or the ………..

Theyre totally different types of business though, they were regulated for totally different reasons to why a regulator is wanted/needed in football.

Would you want an independent regulator telling your Mrs how to run her business?

The EFL clubs (including PS) would soon be up in arms if the regualtion brought in didn't work in his favour. Clubs up and down the country, in the Premier League or EFL will only want regulation if it suits them or is to their advantage, just like the EFL wanted a wage cap because it suited them but the PFA didn't like I because it didn't suit them or their members.

I think the Jordan argument is that the FL haven’t taken hard decisions in terms of getting in better negotiators by changing the FL Board’s leadership. I can’t interpret in any other way. Accepting the danger of creating a storm, that sounds a bit like “We’d get a better deal with the EU with better negotiators”.

Is there a longer video where SJ actually gives his view on what needs to happen? A little clippet of his refuting the suggestion of regulation in football (needed) and slagging Scally off for being vocal in wanting this as well as more funds being distributed from that monster league is a bit meaningless.

I would actually value his opinion, being a former club owner who spaffed away his wealth on a football club only to go nowhere and instead be hounded out by the fans when it ran dry. Surely he would see this system is fucked?

Instead we get this clippet (no-one bothers listening to that clickbait shit of a station anymore), and all the Scally Out brigade sucking his cock over it without a clue what he’s saying.

Edit: please let me know if I’ve spelt clippet wrong. Apple seems to think I have but offers no worthwhile alternative. Little things like this will bug me for the rest of the evening.

Last edited:
Is there a longer video where SJ actually gives his view on what needs to happen? A little clippet of his refuting the suggestion of regulation in football (needed) and slagging Scally off for being vocal in wanting this as well as more funds being distributed from that monster league is a bit meaningless.

I would actually value his opinion, being a former club owner who spaffed away his wealth on a football club only to go nowhere and instead be hounded out by the fans when it ran dry. Surely he would see this system is fucked?

Instead we get this clippet (no-one bothers listening to that clickbait shit of a station anymore), and all the Scally Out brigade sucking his cock over it without a clue what he’s saying.

Edit: please let me know if I’ve spelt clippet wrong. Apple seems to think I have but offers no worthwhile alternative. Little things like this will bug me for the rest of the evening.

Your metaphorical excursion has me scratching my head - glad you didn`t go for the full clip ;)

Spelling doesn’t matter to me providing I understand what I am reading.

IMHO clippet is on the mark.

With regard to SJ someone as you say has lost a fortune and if memory serves me correctly when he purchased palace he only got the team And the name CPFC, but the ground still belonged to Ron Noades as a friend of mine a CPFC supporter at the time stated he doesn’t even own a tap washer.

great business brain - Not

where is he now and what does he do other than talk sport

Spelling doesn’t matter to me providing I understand what I am reading.

IMHO clippet is on the mark.

With regard to SJ someone as you say has lost a fortune and if memory serves me correctly when he purchased palace he only got the team And the name CPFC, but the ground still belonged to Ron Noades as a friend of mine a CPFC supporter at the time stated he doesn’t even own a tap washer.

great business brain - Not

where is he now and what does he do other than talk sport

ron noades sold palace without the ground to
Goldberg, the club was then rescued by Jordan… and then rescued by Steve parish.

talk sport makes money from advertising so they do their best to drum up interaction by being contentious

ron noades sold palace without the ground to
Goldberg, the club was then rescued by Jordan… and then rescued by Steve parish.

talk sport makes money from advertising so they do their best to drum up interaction by being contentious
Apologies I thought that was Jordan

Actually I think you are combining clip and snippet.

No such word as clippet, afaik, (and google agrees) but it fits the bill nicely 👍

If we keep using it, it’ll end up in the Oxford in a year or 2.

Actually I think you are combining clip and snippet.

No such word as clippet, afaik, (and google agrees) but it fits the bill nicely 👍

If we keep using it, it’ll end up in the Oxford in a year or 2.

The word it used, it's in relation to a naughty child, as in "clippet round the ear."