Simon Jordan | Vital Football

Simon Jordan

"dealing with purile minutre (sp?)"

I think that's harsh of Jordan. He may have got his self service taps and tribute acts working at the Palace but we are still waiting ;-) 😉

Not sure what Jordan is advocating.

He implies that PS just sits in meetings without contributing. Does that sound like PS to anyone?

He ends by saying that wanting a regulator is "out of their mind".

Did he go on to suggest a better solution?
I normally agree with a lot of what Jordan says. He's outspoken and sometimes controversial but speaks a lot of sense, especially over the whole "finance post covid19" thing but, as you say, he's throwing a lot of sh*t around here without coming up with alternatives.
As you say, doesn't sound like PS to sit and say nothing, especially around this subject.

BTW, did anyone read the comments in response to his rant? One word sometimes says more than many

Screenshot_20211218-103742_Samsung Internet.jpg

You're not paying attention . He doesn't say Scally sits there quietly - absolutely the reverse ; he says Scally is all talk and no action. When you think about years of promises on investors and a new stadium I'm inclined to believe Jordan.

"dealing with purile minutre (sp?)"

I think that's harsh of Jordan. He may have got his self service taps and tribute acts working at the Palace but we are still waiting ;-) 😉
I wondered if that was a reference to Scally wasting time dealing with the “Scally Out” brigade?
Edit: and it’s minutiae

Last edited:
The Aston Villa chairman was on Talksport recently saying that there is no way that the Premier League will accept an independent regulator or adhere to the recommendations in Tracy Crouch's report.
So what the likes of Scally says in the discussion is totally irrelevant.

I generally like Simon Jordan but it's inevitable that anyone who talks as much as he does will occasionally talk bollax.

Paul Scally is right - the EFL needs improved regulation if it is to survive. Don`t know if Simon Jordan is associated with the ownership of Crystal Palace but, the ball park that the Premiership play in may not be too bothered about what goes on in the EFL - why would they ? they`re a protectionist racket full of wealth and greed.

Paul Scally is right - the EFL needs improved regulation if it is to survive. Don`t know if Simon Jordan is associated with the ownership of Crystal Palace but, the ball park that the Premiership play in may not be too bothered about what goes on in the EFL - why would they ? they`re a protectionist racket full of wealth and greed.
As above he left Palace years ago basically because he ran out of money and could not afford to fund them any longer.

You're not paying attention . He doesn't say Scally sits there quietly - absolutely the reverse ; he says Scally is all talk and no action. When you think about years of promises on investors and a new stadium I'm inclined to believe Jordan.
Apologies, I'll pay more attention in future

I don't often stick up for PS but I still don't get the "all talk and no action" thing, at least on this subject.

What is he meant to physically do? - Get a pistol and hold it to the head of Abramovitch. Henry, Glazer or Levy until they vote to redistribute PL income?

He lobbies through all available channels, as far as I can tell, but it will get nowhere until the PL has an incentive to comply.

Tracey Crouch's intervention may help but only if the regulator that she advocates comes to pass and they are given real teeth.