Signing coming in shortly..? | Page 8 | Vital Football

Signing coming in shortly..?

He doesn’t seem to have set the world on fire dropping down a division, or at least that’s my impression

No goal in 7 appearances. Joined for nothing left for a fee 6 months before
he left for free. Anything to do with being a Cowley signing? Not in my opinion, L2 is about his level he blows to hot and cold to be a 1st team fixture in L1.

Danny and Nicky churned players at a terrific rate, just look at the transfer windows they were in charge of, most had 8 in 8 out, often with several ins and outsee right at the end of the window.
The national league side was very quickly turned over, only Anderson left and he wasn't even our player really.
We've only been back in the league three years, I'm sure most lower league sides are the same if you look.
Be a bit surprised if Anderson and especially Grant left as has Grant been a regular for Appleton.

Last edited:
Danny and Nicky churned players at a terrific rate, just look at the transfer windows they were in charge of, most had 8 in 8 out, often with several ins and outsee right at the end of the window.
The national league side was very quickly turned over, only Anderson left and he wasn't even our player really.
We've only been back in the league three years, I'm sure most lower league sides are the same if you look.
Be a bit surprised if Anderson and especially Grant as has been a regular for Appleton.
I get the impression that MA sees Grant as more his type of player than Harry. What Harry does have is a great attitude with pace and power so he will always provide an outlet even if he's not the greatest technique wise.

Last edited:
I really like Harry I think he is a good league 1 player honest physical and direct with an ability to be in the right place at the right time.

the game away at plastic green when it was raining so hard it was miserable. He ran onto a ball and finished so well.

memorial scenes afterwards!

Harry has developed very well in tandem with our rise up the leagues, and has not looked out of his depth at any stage. We must not forget that he is still only 23 and therefore a long way short of his peak. He has almost 200 appearances to his name already and will continue to improve. He is the one Danny Cowley player I would keep.

Interesting, but no revelations. As already been reported, he would not stand in the way of Bolger if he finds a club, and there are two loans imminent.

Palmer and TJJ? I think they would be my guess like a few other people.

Friendlies were announced i believe they are

18th A Salford
22nd H Leicester City (Lincoln city training ground)
25th H Scunthorpe United Sincil bank
29th A vs Mansfield Town
1st Sep A vs Nottingham Forest (Notts Forest training ground)

Well we know the Forest one won’t go ahead after the last couple of seasons. :guns:

18th A Salford
29th A vs Mansfield Town

Thanks for that, interesting to see how teams are approaching these games. Posh have had 4 games and I think Crewe played their 5th pre season game today.

We are behind the curve with pre-season games compared with the opposition:

Games played:

Accrington: 2
AFCW: 3
Blackpool: 2
Bristol Rvs: 2
Burton: 0 (can't afford a ball)
Charlton: 0 (too busy infighting to play football)
Crewe: 4
Doncaster: 1
Fleetwood: 2
Gillingham: 1
Hull: 0 (away at pre-season camp)
Ipswich: 0 (managed by a twit)
Lincoln: 0 (possibly didn't fancy Peterborough without 11 fit players)
MKD: 1
Northampton: 0 (money spent on Keith Curle's new hat instead - see club website for details)
Oxford: 0 (away at pre-season camp)
Peterborough: 4
Plymouth: 1
Portsmouth: 1
Rochdale: 0
Shrewsbury: 1
Sunderland: 0 (will win the title regardless)
Swindon: 3
Wigan: 0 (no players left after fire sale)

18th A Salford
29th A vs Mansfield Town

Do Nottingham Forest and Notts County share a training ground? hence the name 'Notts Forest training ground'.

18th A Salford
29th A vs Mansfield Town

I am surprised Salford didn’t bid £20k on that old running machine from the training ground they buy most of our surplus stock

Last edited: