Sicknote legends of GFC. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sicknote legends of GFC.

Got them both at the same time didn't we.
To be fair they were great on the few occasions the played injury free.

I think some look back with rose-tinted glasses concerning TJ. He did show the odd touch of class, which was undisputed, but I felt most games passed him by, he couldn’t get around the pitch anywhere near as much as he should have and often moved like the Tin Man. He did have a tidy touch and left peg but for me couldn’t get in the game enough.

Wallace, on the other hand, was far more effective when he played.

Rod Wallace was quality but didn't play much. Same with Tommy Johnson.
Brilliant when they played.

Tommy could be as sick as he like for all I care, just so long as he popped out of nowhere just that one time to change the course of human history.

Who was the striker who kept us up but had such a bad back that he couldn't play two games a week ? I want to say chris pike but not 100% sure.
I think you're right; because of arthritis he couldn't train because it took him a week to get over the last Saturday. Gareth Bale's uncle.

Who was the striker who kept us up but had such a bad back that he couldn't play two games a week ? I want to say chris pike but not 100% sure.
Pretty sure it was Pike, I don’t think he trained much either, just games on a Saturday

Steve Hislop didn't seem to be fit very much.

On the loan market, Harry Cornick springs to mind though he is now catching the eye in the Championship. He arrived injured in the same way as Holmes so hopefully we were not picking up much of his wages.

I thought it was Chris Pike with the dodgy back. Hell of a player how good would he have been full fit ?
Ty Gooden, outstanding when he played but really didn't play enough. A demi god for THAT goal vs Arsenal in the FA cup. He scored a nearly identical one vs Millwall earlier that season.

I thought it was Chris Pike with the dodgy back. Hell of a player how good would he have been full fit ?
Ty Gooden, outstanding when he played but really didn't play enough. A demi god for THAT goal vs Arsenal in the FA cup. He scored a nearly identical one vs Millwall earlier that season.
I think you'll find that Christopher Pike suffered massive radiation damage aboard the training ship U.S.S. Republic while saving several cadets after a baffle plate ruptured in the ship's reactor. Shame really as I don't think he was really given a long enough run on U.S.S Enterprise before they brought in the young striker, Jim Kirk. Another one we missed out on, sort it out Scally.

As a sort of opposite to the OP, didn't Jamie O'Hara voluntarily terminate his contract rather than just keep taking wages whilst long term injured?

I think some look back with rose-tinted glasses concerning TJ.

Your recollection is much the same as mine. Tommy had some pretty limited mobility, but WOW he could hit a ball. That led to him 'having a go' from distance more often than not.

Wasn't there an argument once between Rod and Tommy as to who hit the shot that broke the arm of someone in row z of the rainham end?

Your recollection is much the same as mine. Tommy had some pretty limited mobility, but WOW he could hit a ball. That led to him 'having a go' from distance more often than not.

Wasn't there an argument once between Rod and Tommy as to who hit the shot that broke the arm of someone in row z of the rainham end?

When fit, both were class, and their records were great. They were just shit out of luck with their injuries. They were only 31-32 ish when we signed them.

Neil Masters is always the one I remember for me... he was always so good on Champ Manager when I was a kid.