Sicknote legends of GFC. | Vital Football

Sicknote legends of GFC.

GRSGimmer

Vital Squad Member
Following on from the Willock threads got me thinking about players we have signed who then got crocked after a few games. Not all held out for a wage packet but some were harder to get off the books than others. These names spring to mind - Neil Masters, McCammon, the grand master Kelvin Jack, Brendon Place, Ty Gooden, who seemed to vanish after a spell, likewise Billy Bingham - must be many others over the years?

I remember Masters last game for us in a reserve game (remember them?) Over he went and Pulis shouting "call a f ing ambulance!"

I was at that game too, sitting in the old main stand above the tunnel and seeing Neil Masters carried off on a stretcher with his knee cap half way up his thigh. Truely shocking. Felt for him.

I was at that game too, sitting in the old main stand above the tunnel and seeing Neil Masters carried off on a stretcher with his knee cap half way up his thigh. Truely shocking. Felt for him.

Yeah, it was a horrible injury. It was just Pulis' reaction!

Paul Shields
Ricky Holmes

I recall Bryant and Browning both missing a lot of games through injury, too, but not sure if that’s poor memory?

Who was the striker who kept us up but had such a bad back that he couldn't play two games a week ? I want to say chris pike but not 100% sure.

Poor memory I think, although didn't Bryant shoot himself [with a Browning]?

Browning definitely missed a lot of games in his first year or so. Think we signed him crocked (to be fair, a lot of our Pulis signings were signed crocked and some turned out alright - Pennock for example).

If Bryant wasn’t always injured I’m mixing him up with something else so going to chuck some names in there who I may have meant...! Glen Thomas? Jon Ford? John Humphrey?