should we appeal | Page 4 | Vital Football

should we appeal

should we appeal

• Total voters
I think you can only appeal if you can provide new evidence.
I don't think there is anything new to provide.
Unless we can suddenly produce some documented evidence of our open discussions with them.
It seems that we were nieve, at best, in our dealings with the EPL - we honestly were not expecting them to come at us like this.
Unfortunately we have to accept and move on.
I have 2 concerns -
1. I am worried that by not appealing we leave the door open for Everton to appeal and leapfrog over us.
2. Our submission that COVID & promotion bonus's were exempt - were not accepted - that is £30m we have to carry forward into this years 3 year rolling submission that we were not expecting.
It is still in our hands - we need to take our frustrations out on the pitch and get the points required to not worry about what Everton do or don't do.
No new evidence is allowed in the appeal. The appeal is the judgement.

No, you can app
I think you can only appeal if you can provide new evidence.
I don't think there is anything new to provide.
Unless we can suddenly produce some documented evidence of our open discussions with them.
It seems that we were nieve, at best, in our dealings with the EPL - we honestly were not expecting them to come at us like this.
Unfortunately we have to accept and move on.
I have 2 concerns -
1. I am worried that by not appealing we leave the door open for Everton to appeal and leapfrog over us.
2. Our submission that COVID & promotion bonus's were exempt - were not accepted - that is £30m we have to carry forward into this years 3 year rolling submission that we were not expecting.
It is still in our hands - we need to take our frustrations out on the pitch and get the points required to not worry about what Everton do or don't do.
No, we can appeal, but we cannot put forward any new evidence

Yes. The club are projecting a 12-17m loss. That presumably will factor in the Mangala money. All of it

If we get relegated I suspect we probably need to make 70-90m of clear sales to avoid falling foul in the EFL. That depends on how many players have relegation clauses. The rumour is none of the new ones do. Players like Aina are going to be very hard to move on.
Our projection probably still assumes we will finish12th. Or in the top four.

That's ok

Sell and then re-invest in players on staggered payments

As long as we are in Premier League we will get good money for whoever we sell

If we go down we are fooked in comparison anyway

Maybe Murillo or MGW or Awoniyi have to go

But we can re-invest

We need to be planning to replace regardless

Murillo for silly money might work

MGW will want to go somewhere soon enough as well regardless
Point being it won't be silly money if it is a distressed sale. It will be way under the odds relative to a late transfer window sale.

Also the new shirt sponsor and supplier (Adidas) must generate more money than the charity one and Macron from the 22/23 season.
They knew this before submitting the appeal docs.
There might be a big sponsor that comes in before end-June with a substantial up front payment. Say, a big, fat, Greek shipping company? Or a Kuwaiti fridge magnet company?

We've already gambled and lost once , why gamble again and risk losing more? It's like losing a car to a coin toss and thinking you can win it back by putting your house at risk as collateral on another coin toss.

Yes the rules are flawed, yes it feels unfair but we took a punt and failed. Time to suck it up and grow a pair.

Best way to rub their collective noses in the dirt is to take the punishment, get out there, win matches and stay up.

Point being it won't be silly money if it is a distressed sale. It will be way under the odds relative to a late transfer window sale.

Doesn't have to be if we manage it well. That's why we need a few options to sell

60m plus add ons for Murillo to Man City or Liverpool would work as plan A for me

But be prepared to replace and sell MGW or Awoniyi if needed

They knew this before submitting the appeal docs.
There might be a big sponsor that comes in before end-June with a substantial up front payment. Say, a big, fat, Greek shipping company? Or a Kuwaiti fridge magnet company?
These (Adidas) and the fictitious Chinese betting company that adorns our shirts, would have not been in the 22/23 accounts (I think)

Doesn't have to be if we manage it well. That's why we need a few options to sell

60m plus add ons for Murillo to Man City or Liverpool would work as plan A for me

Given we got four points this season I would guess it is likely to be four points next season too provided we are not being stupid.

Given that, if we are still in the Prem next season I would take the hit and get maximum value to reinvest and strengthen.

The day after. Just watching the Everton equivalent of FFTV on you tube. Three whining scousers started off quite reasonable agreeing that we got points added back in mitigation because our spokesman persuaded the commission that we had been upfront with them. That lasted about 5 minutes before they reverted to type and got very salty about the whole thing. To say they feel aggrieved is a bit of an understatement.

Given we got four points this season I would guess it is likely to be four points next season too provided we are not being stupid.

Given that, if we are still in the Prem next season I would take the hit and get maximum value to reinvest and strengthen.
Would it be 4pts only, given this would be our second penalty in two seasons?

I'd be amazed if we get takers for Awoniyi, even if we are relegated.

His injury record is just too dire at the moment for him to get another club

I'm not sure.
The 4 points alerady includes a reduction which is basically to avoid an appeal (they use a starting point of 3 points instead of 6, because on appeal Everton's starting point was reduced to 3 points).

Having skimmed the document and read about half of it properly, it looks like our confidence was false, and the Premier League was much more antagonistic about charging us than they needed to be, but I doubt anyone making decisions would care or take that into account.

I'm furious about how the club have gone about this tbh. We fucked up really badly, ignored several warnings that we were going to be in breach, and just assumed that our mitigations would be taken on board when in fact the Premier League disputed 4 out of our 6 mitigation points, and the commission agreed with them.
That is Da Marco for you. Not only was he messing around at a Stan Bowles testimonial, but he was also moving house the week of our hearing. All these top legal experts like pope said it was under control, but that is only because Da Marco believed his own rubbish submissions. In fact, since he has been advising throughout, it just demonstrates how these two idiot QPR fans have f...Ed over Forest.

Everton appealed and got points back rather than further deductions so there is precedent.

Any system that punishes people for appealing is ultimately designed to rubber stamp corruption.

Some won't be happy until there are only 6 teams in the entire football league and won't that just be a joy.

That is Da Marco for you. Not only was he messing around at a Stan Bowles testimonial, but he was also moving house the week of our hearing. All these top legal experts like pope said it was under control, but that is only because Da Marco believed his own rubbish submissions. In fact, since he has been advising throughout, it just demonstrates how these two idiot QPR fans have f...Ed over Forest.
Wow, calling me out specifically there.

Have you got anything to back that up?

Such as a post where I mention him by name or reference his supreme skill at winning these cases? Or express confidence we will win specifically because of him?

Or a post where I actually use the words "it is under control"?

I'll wait

His injury record is just too dire at the moment for him to get another club
But there would be a club that would take him Pope. It's always amazed me how & why clubs buy players that have dreadful historical injury records, because invariably the injury situation only gets worse with age.
Having said all that there is one notable exception that I can think of & that is our friend at Luton Ross Berkely who historically has missed large chunks of every season he has played, bit ironic that he has been injury free this season up to now

Spot on

We've been a bunch of whiners all season

Hopefully there's no karma as if there is we would go down and Luton stay up

The statement from the club - saying what we've done is the only way for promoted clubs to survive in Premier League?

So how come we are struggling to be better than Luton?

It kind of falls down
whilst at the same time voting against more money for the football league. hypocrisy at its worst