SHERIDAN AND MASSEY OUT! | Page 10 | Vital Football

SHERIDAN AND MASSEY OUT!

Because at the time we needed to reduce the wage bill to survive. He could have been sold like Gelhardt and Weir and lost for good.
He will be on relative buttons so makes no sense. Given that the admins fire sale was in full swing it was unnecessary and stupid to send him out then sign Keane up !

Sheridan will be a good bit of trivia for some Wigan Athletic related question in the years to come. Very forgettable person. Oh and Swindon 2-0 down. Don't think he has a say in the team though, otherwise they would be 4-0 down.

He will be on relative buttons so makes no sense. Given that the admins fire sale was in full swing it was unnecessary and stupid to send him out then sign Keane up !
Keane, a player with much needed experience, who has played 5 times in various different roles and scored twice whilst playing in a virtual u23 team so hardly the waste of time you believe he is

Just to be clear and accurate Hampton, cos statements like that have a habit of becoming fact on here, the admin fire sale was not in full swing. When Lang went out on loan on 29th July (which I agree was a stupid and premature decision, but then again I am not in full possession of the facts regarding wages other outgoings and pressures to keep the club afloat) the only player that had already left by then was Weir.
Since then (have I missed anyone ?):
Gyollai 30/07
Gelhardt 10/08
Dunkley 13/08
Moore 13/08
McLeod 17/08
Robinson 20/08
Williams 20/08
Marshall 21/08
Lowe 27/08
Golden 31/08
Windass 02/09
Kipre 04/09
Morsy 11/09
Byrne 11/09
Jacobs 14/09
Saunders 01/11 (Loan)

Hereford vs Newcastle
Suttn vs Coventry
Wrexham vs Arsenal
Shrewsbury vs Everton
Bournemouth vs Man Utd
Stevenage vs Newcastle
Canvey vs Wigan
and of course
Wigan vs Man City ........3 times !

I suppose we can add Notts' Uni Team vs Some Div 4 team's Reserves to that list.

None of the above were "as good as" their opponents .........except for on the day, of course.
City is four times Ant.

TBH Hampton I agree that he should probably have been given a chance with us this season, however that is with hindsight. At the time he was moved out it looked as though we might have been taken over earlier and we would still have a full squad to pick from, so it wasn't a bad decision at the time.

His stats however are not that impressive, he has made the squad 10 times and had 6 starts scoring twice, once against Ross County and once against Livingston.

He had an injury ruined season at Shrewsbury were he scored 3 in 16 games.

His best season was with Oldham scoring 16 in 50 games.

Hopefully we will see him back in January

Just to be clear and accurate Hampton, cos statements like that have a habit of becoming fact on here, the admin fire sale was not in full swing. When Lang went out on loan on 29th July (which I agree was a stupid and premature decision, but then again I am not in full possession of the facts regarding wages other outgoings and pressures to keep the club afloat) the only player that had already left by then was Weir.
Gyollai 30/07
Gelhardt 10/08
Dunkley 13/08
Moore 13/08
McLeod 17/08
Robinson 20/08
Williams 20/08
Marshall 21/08
Lowe 27/08
Golden 31/08
Windass 02/09
Kipre 04/09
Morsy 11/09
Byrne 11/09
Jacobs 14/09
Saunders 01/11 (Loan)

Roberts has left since then as well, not sure there's anyone else

League cup at home Prem v League 1.
Was that Bainesy’s debut or one of his very early senior appearances ? (he was outstanding) ....Anelka sulked all over the pitch for City ...apparently he was most put out that they wanted him to play, because Anelka had wanted to go to Paris to play in some memorial/testimonial for Marc Vivien Foe ? ....Blackburrrn and ‘Andrew Cole’ did for us in the next round ??...I think 🤔

Keane, a player with much needed experience, who has played 5 times in various different roles and scored twice whilst playing in a virtual u23 team so hardly the waste of time you believe he is
Where did I say Keane was a waste if time ?

Gyollai 30/07
Gelhardt 10/08
Dunkley 13/08
Moore 13/08
McLeod 17/08
Robinson 20/08
Williams 20/08
Marshall 21/08
Lowe 27/08
Golden 31/08
Windass 02/09
Kipre 04/09
Morsy 11/09
Byrne 11/09
Jacobs 14/09
Saunders 01/11 (Loan)
That's impressive research Arthur and if the admins never had a fire sale plan from day 1 it might even stand up......!
Unfortunately that was the plan from the minute the Fulham game ended.

John Coleman at Accrington Stanley, always seems to keep them in L1,
on a relative low budget, do you think he would be tempted to take the job
as our manager or do you think he is not right for us?