Sheffield United v Manchester City - Tuesday 21st January 2020 KO:-7.30pm GMT - Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Page 3 | Vital Football

Sheffield United v Manchester City - Tuesday 21st January 2020 KO:-7.30pm GMT - Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Commentary By Neil Leigh @mancity
19:01
Pep's pre-match thoughts...👇
"I don't think he [Aymeric Laporte] is ready for 90 minutes but it's good for him to play.
"This (Sheffield United) is a team with incredible success over the last few years, I am really impressed with the manager and what he is doing, his concepts. They were aggressive at the Etihad so I imagine it will be the same."

19:01
Pep's pre-match thoughts...👇
"I don't think he [Aymeric Laporte] is ready for 90 minutes but it's good for him to play.
"This (Sheffield United) is a team with incredible success over the last few years, I am really impressed with the manager and what he is doing, his concepts. They were aggressive at the Etihad so I imagine it will be the same."

I think that's a no....

19:14
Possible formation
Club journalist John Edwards: "As has been the case in recent weeks, Guardiola could opt for a number of tactical set-ups from the 11 players selected to start.
"Again, the main query is how many the Catalan will deploy in defence, with a question mark over whether Fernandinho will return to his midfield spot or not.
"Assuming he does, we can expect Walker, Otamendi, Laporte and Zinchenko to make up the back four, with Rodrigo adopting the anchor man role.
"Fernandinho and De Bruyne will play just ahead of him, with Sterling and Mahrez either side of Jesus in the forward line."matchday.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team/2019/sheffield-united-v-manchester-city/

I don't expect him to do what John Edwards suggests, because Rodri is there, If Rodri had been on the sidelines then it could happen but we are plugging a gap

19:14
Possible formation
Club journalist John Edwards: "As has been the case in recent weeks, Guardiola could opt for a number of tactical set-ups from the 11 players selected to start.
"Again, the main query is how many the Catalan will deploy in defence, with a question mark over whether Fernandinho will return to his midfield spot or not.
"Assuming he does, we can expect Walker, Otamendi, Laporte and Zinchenko to make up the back four, with Rodrigo adopting the anchor man role.
"Fernandinho and De Bruyne will play just ahead of him, with Sterling and Mahrez either side of Jesus in the forward line."matchday.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team/2019/sheffield-united-v-manchester-city/
The only thing certain about Pep is, you can never be certain about anything.