Sheffield United v Manchester City - Tuesday 21st January 2020 KO:-7.30pm GMT - Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Sheffield United v Manchester City - Tuesday 21st January 2020 KO:-7.30pm GMT - Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
The War of the Roses
I do not want to harp on about VAR but Sheffield United have had more than their fair share of being on the wrong end of VAR decisions, but I hope no such controversy occurs tonight as City visit Bramhall Lane with an odd kick-off time dating back in the day when this was a normal time to start an evening match, such is the power of TV Mogul companies like BT Sport, I am surprised that the game is not split into quarters so they can have adverts mid-match.

Sheffield are having a great season being back in the top flight and are playing some exciting football without having spent mega amounts of money a relatively small amount which comes nowhere near the amount e.g. spent by the Merseyside Club which paid for their centreback, However, you may not know that On 3 September 2013 it was confirmed that Saudi Prince Abdullah bin Musa'ed bin Abdulaziz Al Saud of the royal House of Saud had bought a 50% stake in United's parent company 'Blades Leisure Ltd' for the fee of £1

Manchester City need a win and the points to maintain their place n the league and this is the ground of the infamous balloon in the Cup and I would say that is all history, but as so many keep reminding us, we have no history so it did not happen.

City Team News
Doubtful Sane, Laporte, David Silva

Head to Head
City W 50 drew 34 lost 38

Form guide
City LWWW
SU DLLW

City - connections - Earl Barrett, Peter Beagrie, Paul Beesley, Carl Bradshaw, Michael Brown, Harry Bunn, John Burridge (lmao), Keith Curle, Andy Dibble, Richard Edghill, Ched Evans, Gary Flitcroft, Brian Gayle, Adrian Heath, Jamie Hoyland, Stephen Jordan, Brian Marwood (non-playing) Mick McCarthy, Andy Morrison, Terry Phelan, Jack Rodwell, Paul Simpson, Sin Jihai, Gareth Tayor, Imrie Vardi, Michael Vonk, Ashley Ward, Roy Warhurst, David White, Richard Wright,

Famous Fan - Joe Root

possible starting Xl
Ederson
Cancelo Stones Fernandinho Mendy
Rodrigo
Sterling De Bruyne Mahrez Jesus
Aguero

Match Officials
Referee:
Lee Mason.
Assistants: Simon Long, Nick Hopton. Fourth official: Peter Bankes.
VAR: Andy Madley.
Assistant VAR: Darren Cann.

Live on BT Sport

Last edited:
Is Walker injured? As a native of Sheffield I wonder if he might get a start in this game....

Is Walker injured? As a native of Sheffield I wonder if he might get a start in this game....

Who knows what is in Pep head Skoorb, he may well go without a strike again, how close is Sane or Laporte, I am afraid it is a stab in the dark, but I think Cancelo is in better form than Walker and it may be a PR exercise to keep him at the Club in the Summer rather than sell him to a rival Club

Good points Buzz. There was a head of steam building up around him transfer wise (Cancelo) during this window

Cancelo versus Walker is one of the few things I don't have an opinion on. Don't particularly like Walker but for the most part find Cancelo underwhelming. In Pep we trust. Sort of.

Jamie Hoyland, now there's a name from the past. For the most past the list of City/United confections reads like an exercise in mediocrity.

Pep on Stones and Mendy....

“John had a problem in his leg in the last action of the game and then Mendy has muscular fatigue,”

....and intriguingly on Laporte....

“Every day he’s getting better. I don’t know (when he’s back). I have to think later, tonight.”

Manchester City have scored 33 Premier League away goals in 11 games at an average of three per game - in English top-flight history, only Preston North End have a better average over a season, scoring 35 in 11 matches in 1888-89.

Nervous about this game - Wilder will have his players up for a night match under the lights spurred on by an atmosphere which is sure to be hostile. Serious thought will have to be given to what level of sartorial support I will need to provide this evening :unsure:

Nervous about this game - Wilder will have his players up for a night match under the lights spurred on by an atmosphere which is sure to be hostile. Serious thought will have to be given to what level of sartorial support I will need to provide this evening :unsure:
A no-brainer Skoorb. FKW. (y)