Sheff Wed at home - 4/11/17 | Page 10 | Vital Football

Sheff Wed at home - 4/11/17

Did anyone else see an incident about ten minutes from the end when one of their players raised their hand on the edge of the penalty area and appeared to handle the ball? It looked a blatant penalty from the Trinity but I've not even seen it mentioned.

Fulford - 4/11/2017 22:36

Windsor Villa - 4/11/2017 18:15

Fulford

We were easily the better team but please SB do not pick Hogan or Samba again.

4-5-1 not 4-4-2

What match was you at?. Their midfiekd controlled the game.. We have strikers who are hardlly.prolific. Poor performance overall.

After they scored a fluke goal after a few seconds there was only one team in it until JT's unfortunate injury. They only scored the 2nd due to Samba's pathetic display.

Given a full team there is no way they would have beaten us.

We had 11 on the pitch is that not a full team? We were second best as we were against Brentford and Boro.

Its a 46 game season and there will be lean spells for most if not all teams, but for whatever reason our strikers look unlikely to score many goals. They are either not good enough or its the system/style of play. We lack energy for me and at times the build up play is slow and predicable.

I thought it was handball on first viewing but from the replay you can see it struck his foot.

It would have been a hash penalty even if it did hit his arm.

Just see the highlights. Big Chris is a blunt instrument, isn't he?

He's totally at fault for their second.

I hope we have someone else to cover for Terry for the next 3 months.

sirdennis - 5/11/2017 13:30

Villan57 - 5/11/2017 11:42

I agree Sir Den but why start him and why sub him 5 mins before HT , crazy in my book .

Yes I see your point , didn't he get a bang in the ribs just before he certainly seemed to be in pain.

Mind you he wasn't happy when he went off.

Yes he chested a ball down over our side and was wincing in pain , certainly threw the teddies out about being subbed . I expect Bruce will show him who is boss and bench him next match

BodyButter - 5/11/2017 14:16

Just see the highlights. Big Chris is a blunt instrument, isn't he?

He's totally at fault for their second.

I hope we have someone else to cover for Terry for the next 3 months.

I bet they never showed him making a Monkey out of one of their strikers though ? He's played up front for Blackburn . He no mug with his feet it's just they are so far brom his brains it takes some time for the instructions to reach them! He'll be fine , the Midfield and Steve Bruce are the problem area

If Bannan can run games in this league I fully expect Hourihane to be able to do so. I don’t actually like Hourihane in the middle of a flat 4 but it’s either there or on the wing. With Snoddy out it mean we can mix it up a bit.

We don’t move the ball quick enough, we can’t get the ball under control when we try to play with any pace and struggle to get near each other in little triangles to build the play up.

I called the other day we aren’t as good as even the likes of Burnley or Newcastle and I fully stand by that, despite our squad size and recent results we’re still an average side playing poor football.

danvilla2 - 5/11/2017 16:04

If Bannan can run games in this league I fully expect Hourihane to be able to do so. I don’t actually like Hourihane in the middle of a flat 4 but it’s either there or on the wing.

if he was as good yes Dan , both being left footed is the only thing they have in common .
Bannan will have the ball anywhere any time , Hourhane isn't that comfortable with the ball. .
As for being a winger he can't beat a man and doesn't have any pace at all .
For me he's either part of a 3 or on the bench .

Hopefully him Hogan and Whelan will get a splinter in their arses "playing" for Ireland and Bruce will stumble across a better line up of Jedi Onomah and O'Hare or Jack

:15:

He doesn’t look sharp enoug sometimes and like you say he doesn’t get on the ball anywhere near enough for my liking.

This is our problem once again, to fit Hourihane in you need a formation which pushes Davis to the bench, potentially jeopardises where Grealish likes to move into and basically signs Lansbury’s transfer out ornaments the door. I love Hourihanes left foot, but we need more from him.

Bit pissed off jedi is flying to mars and back for the Oz team yet he's been awol all season for us.

Only saving grace is small Heath are going down faster than the titanic and I am reliably informed the club is in absolute turmoil and players fighting one another aswell :7:

Personally I don't give a flying fuck about Birmingham City

(Top random quote of the week there Jf ? ) :17:

Villan57 - 5/11/2017 18:44

Personally I don't give a flying fuck about Birmingham City

(Top random quote of the week there Jf ? ) :17:
Clearly, they are called small Heath alliance , duh :2:

Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. It's frustrating but you get games like that sometimes. The results yesterday were mental and showed just how unpredictable the Championship can be. At least almost everyone around us got a poor result as well. Our main priorities now need to be bouncing back with a win after the internationals and working out how to be solid without JT.

The only real positive of the game was the pass Grealish laid on for the goal and his willingness to try make something happen. I didnt quite get to see all the game I had to meet a friend but despite the opinion of others I remain a champion of his and Bruce needs to look at brining him more into the fold.

Overall he needs to change something our midfield as a whole isn't working Adomah is the only shining light. Lansbury needs to come back really which leaves nice competition for Grealish/Hourihane/Onomah behind the CF all of which offer something a little different. Grealish gives you some flare and composure, Hourihane gets into dangerous positions and Onomah offers more athleticism and pace.

CDX_EIRE - 6/11/2017 12:02

The only real positive of the game was the pass Grealish laid on for the goal and his willingness to try make something happen. I didnt quite get to see all the game I had to meet a friend but despite the opinion of others I remain a champion of his and Bruce needs to look at brining him more into the fold.

Overall he needs to change something our midfield as a whole isn't working Adomah is the only shining light. Lansbury needs to come back really which leaves nice competition for Grealish/Hourihane/Onomah behind the CF all of which offer something a little different. Grealish gives you some flare and composure, Hourihane gets into dangerous positions and Onomah offers more athleticism and pace.

I've never been impressed by Grealish. It seemed like all hype but he put Wednesday on the back foot when he came on and he set up our goal. Hopefully, we'll see more of that from Jack.

We have no cover worth a mention for JT or Chester Elphick ? Samba? Richards ? we all thought Baker was better than all three of them but of course we sold him well now we pay for a poor bit of judgement.

Disappointing on Saturday that there were ironic cheers when Whelan was walking off the pitch when subbed. If I heard it right I thought that was out of order and actually serves no purpose whatsoever to the team.

Would I prefer Jedi?, yes, but Whelan has done a fair job and has also not shirked and given his all. Didn't deserve that and at times I wonder about some fans these days. One defeat in 12, in the playoffs, first home defeat of the season. Is it really boo and jeer time?

CDX_EIRE - 6/11/2017 03:02

Would agree with that, although it was O'Hare, another lively wire, who had the assist. We need more creativity in the final third, and Grealish can provide it in loads. Will Bruce play him though?

Lansbury might be ready for the QPR match. Did well for his 45 mins for the U23s, including a goal. Think he's a better player than he's credited for, and he's very much more mobile than Whelan.