Sheff Utd v Aston Villa Match Thread - Wed 3 March @ 6pm - BT | Page 3 | Vital Football

Sheff Utd v Aston Villa Match Thread - Wed 3 March @ 6pm - BT

We'll get what we deserve from this game. If we show up expecting to collect 3 points, we could get turned over. If we show up expecting a difficult match and put the work in, we'll have the quality to get the win.

Sheffield United have been poor this season, certainly compared to what they achieved last season.

Hopefully the attitude from Leeds will continue.

Hope not!! I was actually being a little facetious - this is the good old 'banana skin' fixture, and last season I would have worried. But they just look so poor up front, we really should have too much for them.

Wilder might get a tune out of them if he stuck with a partnership for more than 2 games at a time. The man has like 6 strikers and rotates them constantly but always turns to Sharp for the goals.

I think McGoldrick is a very underrated player, plays well between the lines and links up play very well.

I think Wilder is a good manager but has a bit of the Pulis about him. Remember when he said Norwood was better than Grealish? Norwood was performing well but he wasnt a dazzler.

Wilder might get a tune out of them if he stuck with a partnership for more than 2 games at a time. The man has like 6 strikers and rotates them constantly but always turns to Sharp for the goals.

I think McGoldrick is a very underrated player, plays well between the lines and links up play very well.

I think Wilder is a good manager but has a bit of the Pulis about him. Remember when he said Norwood was better than Grealish? Norwood was performing well but he wasnt a dazzler.

He said John Mcginn was the best midfielder in the championship next to Ollie Norwood.
They have run out of CB's and are having to play 38-year-old Jagielka , so no excuse for Watkins this week

They’ll be fighting for their lives. If we don’t show up with the same attitude right from the start they’re capable of doing us. No slow starts for this one. Match them from the first whistle.

Wilder has paid £20 million for McBurnie who has scored about 5 goals in 2 seasons and £23 million for Brewster who hasn't scored and isn't even in their squad at the moment , so maybe his judgement of a striker isn't the best.

Wilder has paid £20 million for McBurnie who has scored about 5 goals in 2 seasons and £23 million for Brewster who hasn't scored and isn't even in their squad at the moment , so maybe his judgement of a striker isn't the best.

The price of British footballers is ridiculous. It’ll get worse with work permits post Brexit

I put a decent amount of money on Sheffield United to go down at the start of the season as I was convinced they were going to do an Ipswich. Hopefully we add to their misery in a big way.

£23 million for Brewster who hasn't scored and isn't even in their squad at the moment , so maybe his judgement of a striker isn't the best.
In recent times that would mean it's nailed on he'll get off the mark against us -
hopefully those times are well on the way to changing (let's pretend not to think too far back to Wellbecks & Jlingzzz)
Hmmm

In recent times that would mean it's nailed on he'll get off the mark against us -
hopefully those times are well on the way to changing (let's pretend not to think too far back to Wellbecks & Jlingzzz)
Hmmm

Lol. I was thinking that as I typed it , but he isn't even in the squad at the moment.

Weirdly I have seen teams like Fulham and Sheff play much better football than the likes of Palace and Burnley, and yet they are lower than them in the league ! Sheff would have been higher in the table if they had better strikers up front.
And a proper goalkeeper. Ramsdale is like Pickford for me. Pulls off some great "TV saves" but that's about it. And to think he cost the same as Emi....

And a proper goalkeeper. Ramsdale is like Pickford for me. Pulls off some great "TV saves" but that's about it. And to think he cost the same as Emi....

Lads like that will never make it above Palace level mediocrity. I think Johnstone could make it as a mid-table GK but Pickford and Ramsdale are relegation fodder keepers.

Emi is elite level - he has probably been my favourite signing of the last 5-10 years TBH. He is a genuinely transformative signing.