Shadrach Ogie | Page 2 | Vital Football

Shadrach Ogie

With Ogie looking like a top signing, Masterson arguably the best CB in the division and Ehmer rock solid, it makes you wonder whether a three at the back is the way to go with the excellent Malone and Mackenzie either side of them our wide with their League One/Champ quality going forward defensively is the way to go and addresses our lack of natural width.

With Ogie looking like a top signing, Masterson arguably the best CB in the division and Ehmer rock solid, it makes you wonder whether a three at the back is the way to go with the excellent Malone and Mackenzie either side of them our wide with their League One/Champ quality going forward defensively is the way to go and addresses our lack of natural width.

I think that’s the formation NH will go with, especially as we were (apparently, I wasn’t there) better yesterday when we switched to that.

I just hope we don’t play that with S Williams, Coleman and Jeffries in front of them.

You’ve got you centre back in
Your centre back out
In out, in out, shake it all about
You do the Shadrach Ogie and you turn around

That’s what it’s all about! (Oi!)

Oooooh Shadrach Ogie Ogieee
Oooooh Shadrach Ogie Ogieee
Ooh Shadrach Ogie Ogiee
Knees bent, arms stretched, rah rah rah.

(I like it anyway)
But don't give up your day job.

Reactions: PuB
I think that’s the formation NH will go with, especially as we were (apparently, I wasn’t there) better yesterday when we switched to that.

I just hope we don’t play that with S Williams, Coleman and Jeffries in front of them.
If we do go with that, I'd hope for Shaun Williams and then Coleman or Dieng holding, with Lapslie or Jonny Williams ahead of them, just behind a front 2

I agree that Ogie was absolutely quality, won everything in the air & very comfortable in possession, also made some great blocks, didn’t put a foot wrong all day.

But best player by a country mile? I would argue Scott Malone wasn’t far behind and it’s a joke how good he is for this level aswell.

The defence options we have are outstanding and Turner somehow even better than POTY Morris from last season. We’re not gonna let many goals in this season are we? 👍🏻

Yes, Malone was top, top quality too. You can see how valuable he's going to be this year too.

Perhaps some hyperbole on my part, but overall, with Ogie at LCB, Malone at LB and Williams ahead of them on the left, we've gone from it being an area of relative weakness to our strongest in short order.

How good is this man? A player that raised eyebrows when he signed some said we didn’t need another defender……absolute beast at the back.
Quality player let’s hope we can keep him beyond January as he is going to attract attention from Championship and PL

This is clearly why Scally is still around, Brad will have heard of some of the amazing sell on fees hes negotiated over the years ( the ongoing Sean Clare ones for example) and decided to keep him as Director of Clauses.
'Director of Clauses'! I suggest 'Director of Good Causes' . . .

The way he burnt off his marker and then put a brute of a cross in for the OG last night at Crawley was a joy to behold.

This is clearly why Scally is still around, Brad will have heard of some of the amazing sell on fees hes negotiated over the years ( the ongoing Sean Clare ones for example) and decided to keep him as Director of Clauses.
The Sean Clare deal must have been some clever negotiation considering we only ever had him on loan and most of his moves have been free transfers 🤔

Last edited:
I really like Ogie and think we will make some decent money from him in the future. He is strong, brave and can play football BUT yesterday his distribution was poor. Too many long punts forward. I do hope we aren't asking him to do that. We are better than aimless punts this season.

Obviously being told to do it by Max.
Looking at all the full EFL highlights on ITV, I am struck by the number of goals conceded where the keeper has the ball at his feet and delays, allowing it to be intercepted by a striker, or it is intercepted during a spell where it is being passed back and forwards between the keeper and a couple of defenders. I think there is an average of about 4 every week, most of which result in goals.

Someone was accusing Turner on the main match thread of "titing about with it" and I think that is what they were getting at.

That would also suggest that NH is training them to do other things than hoofball.

Personally, I think the midfielders and strikers would be moaning about it in training, or to Harris, or Evans before him, if they had a problem with our clearances. I don't want a situation where build ups take about 3 minutes and 40 passes each, Russell Martin stylee. Just lets the opposition regain their shape and get players behind the ball. So you end up with a 0-0 at best, or a 1-0 defeat is there is a cock up with the passing around your own penalty area.

Last edited: