Season Tickets | Page 4 | Vital Football

Season Tickets

The ST renewals are broadly the same time every year - there have been 'early bird' offers in the past though.

That said, our year end is 30th June - this is the key date for accounting/PSR purposes, so delaying renewal until our fate was known for 2 weeks is of no detriment.

Would I renew with a modest increase if relegated = YES.

That said, IF we get relegated, you wonder how many others would actually renew at those inflated prices - but with the window closing with 2 games left, the choice is somewhat taken away.

This could go very wrong - how many of those 11000 'waiting in the wings' will pay £700 for Championship football?

I've used £700 because this is the category impacted the most and whilst we 'could' move to cheaper seats, the renewal still has to be done before the window closes.

Theoretically, if we move to say Lower Trent End or Capital One Corner (as was), then the 'refund' is broadly equivalent to what we paid last year (excluding the increase for 'new' punitive youth category) & thus, the club have to refund monies!

Furthermore, if you pay on a credit card and then we get relegated, you can use the DCS protection of CCA and seek a full refund from the credit card provider, who gets reimbursed by the club.

As I said, this could become very messy!

What's worse, is that despite the backlash from most supporters groups - the silence from our supposed lifelong Forest fan Chairman is deafening. His disconnect is worse than that of Rishi Sunak.

From what I remember season tickets were normally sold after the end of the season, with, as you say, an early bird window. This stopped when we got promoted, when I was told I couldn't renew my Upper Trent season ticket. This was partly due to an increased number of away fans having to be allowed in (though I was nowhere near them!), plus the imminent movement of fans when they demolished the Peter Taylor stand. Does this mean there are now no plans to demolish the stand ?

In the first season in the PL, the two of us (i usually go with my son) paid circa £50 to be in an elite group of season ticket holders not allowed to renew, and to be able to buy tickets.

This season we had to pay £95 to be able to buy tickets as a "Forest Pro" member, which seems to be a larger group, and apparently be on a season ticket waiting list. We also got a free scarf (never used), a free digital programme (not usually read), and a discount at the shop, where I never buy anything !

Next season, as a senior, I would ideally like Upper Trent, and may consider zone 2. However I doubt my son would consider anything other than Upper Trent, so as you say, if current season ticket holders move to the cheaper Upper Trent (already mainly season ticket holders) a significant proportion of the 11,000 waiting list could soon disappear.

All that is fine, whilst NFFC remain an EPL club - relegation changes the fiscal spectrum.

Why does protesting and showing your anger/feelings against somethings that's unfair constitute not acting like grown-ups and fans should therefore stop throwing their toys left, right and centre?

How can it not be biting the hand that feeds?

It's not just the Season Ticket revenue, it is what those supporters then spend on the concessions, merchandise, tickets for cup games etc.

As mentioned, how many of those mythical 11000 will spend £700 on a Championship ST?

During Covid, it was the generosity of these die hard supporters that helped the club by paying for season tickets that couldn't be used!

It was, by & large, those same supporters that paid for season tickets when this club languished in L1, that stuck by the club in the Championship - supporters that turned up, rain or shine - when there were less than 20k most weeks!

There could have been an 'across the board' increase in prices at a more palatable level, say 10% and there would not have been this backlash!

I have no doubt that most will renew, some under duress, but for a minority they won't be able to and to have that choice taken away by the entity that you have supported for so long is appalling.

Forgot to mention that I don't see the timing of the season ticket sales as relevant to PSR. Assuming Forest are operating a proper accounting system, you are supposed to allocate income to the goods or relevant period that they refer to, so it should count as 2024/25 income whenever it's received.

If it is then all clubs are putting pressure on fans as nearly all have increased prices, started waiting lists, and brought forward renewal dates. Realistically only Luton,, Everton and ourselves are in debate for relegation. Any thoughts a to why most clubs have a cut off point for renewals of 28th April. They all have same problem P&S Date.

The solution to this issue is a very simple one. If you disagree with the price increase then don't renew and if someone else buys it then so what?

From what I remember season tickets were normally sold after the end of the season, with, as you say, an early bird window. This stopped when we got promoted, when I was told I couldn't renew my Upper Trent season ticket.
We haven't sold them after the season ended since Doughty's days. That was his regime's MO.

Since the days of Fawaz ST sales have been brought forward to March usually

The solution to this issue is a very simple one. If you disagree with the price increase then don't renew and if someone else buys it then so what?
It really isn't that simple is it?

If football really were as emotionless as that then it wouldn't be half as stressful

It really isn't that simple is it?

If football really were as emotionless as that then it wouldn't be half as stressful
I agree with you Pope. Fans have a deep emotional attachment and it’s heartbreaking for any such fan to be priced out. The club really hasn’t done itself any favours with this decision

I agree with you Pope. Fans have a deep emotional attachment and it’s heartbreaking for any such fan to be priced out. The club really hasn’t done itself any favours with this decision
This is it. I'm fortunate that my means allow me to absorb this one but for others they do not.

The reality is they are increasing by a significant amount and the club knows full well there is an excellent chance that the product on offer gets immediately and possibly permanently worse.

It's just a lot to jump it at a pretty poor time.

I remember in the early part of the 21/22 season when I first started taking my daughter to Panthers and Hughton was boss; I could have been persuaded then to stop going and focus on Ice Hockey and I think these kinds of prices could have easily persuaded me

You are right - it is a simple decision for most people - but there are some that it will genuinely affect. If you have been going for 20 years or more and you are trying to buy tickets for you and your family - it is a hefty increase.

I am lucky - I only have to buy my own ticket.
I am LB and my seat has gone up from circa £25 per game to £30 a game - or one pre-match pint which at my time of life with grown up kids etc. is not a problem.
Trust me - there are a lot of people around me that would benefit from having a couple of pints less before the game

The bigger problem is that if you don't buy your ticket - if we stay in the EPL - it might be 10 years or more before you get the opportunity to get it back

My window cleaner is a member and on the waiting list - he said this morning he has only missed a couple of matches, but including his membership it will have cost him over £900 by the end of the season. He genuinely cant see what all the fuss is about.

Saying this is probably going require me to reach for my tin hat, & I'm not necessarily saying I agree with it..
Is it possible that the club feel that season card holders have been getting their football artificially cheap for years thanks to EM subsidising the cost. Now all of a sudden he has decided that he isn't going to do it any more as he perhaps considers there are more pressing calls on his financial support within the club. All this means season card holders are now being asked to stump up a more realistic amount which means the price rise is a bit steep & obviously stings a bit.

You are right - it is a simple decision for most people - but there are some that it will genuinely affect. If you have been going for 20 years or more and you are trying to buy tickets for you and your family - it is a hefty increase.

I am lucky - I only have to buy my own ticket.
I am LB and my seat has gone up from circa £25 per game to £30 a game - or one pre-match pint which at my time of life with grown up kids etc. is not a problem.
Trust me - there are a lot of people around me that would benefit from having a couple of pints less before the game

The bigger problem is that if you don't buy your ticket - if we stay in the EPL - it might be 10 years or more before you get the opportunity to get it back

My window cleaner is a member and on the waiting list - he said this morning he has only missed a couple of matches, but including his membership it will have cost him over £900 by the end of the season. He genuinely cant see what all the fuss is about.
I've been a red since 1974 and was a home and away regular from 76 - 92 and a season ticket holder. Raising a family put a stop to my season ticket and away games from 93 onwards. As soon as my lads were old enough they were at the City Ground with me and it was in the days when you could get your ticket on the day. Unfortunately illness means I haven't been to a home game since 2019. My attitude has always been the same - actions speak louder than words, if you don't like it vote with your feet. It seems a waste of time and energy to me to moan about a price increase but buy one anyway.

It really is that simple. Do or don't it's an individual choice.
You'll have folk saying:

"Well, we were here before them (them being the ownership)"
"They're just stewards, we're the real owners" and other such bollocks.

When any one "fan" stumps up 20/30/40m to clear up the messes the management team leaves behind, then they can say rightfully moan.

Moaning about people moaning...oh, the irony!

It really is that simple. Do or don't it's an individual choice.
Life isn't that simple.

I can, will and in fact have renewed.

That does not mean I have to endorse the price rise or agree with it.

I want the product and wouldn't want to be without it. If it did lose it, I wouldn't get it back again quickly or easily. In that sense, I am caught in the capitalism trap. I don't have any choice but to pay a price I don't think is fair and I don't agree with, because I want the product more.

The price at which I would be financially unable to pay would be much higher. But for some people it will already have passed.

I get the feeling that I'd be looking in the wrong direction if I searched for empathy on their behalf from you, so I'll leave it there

You'll have folk saying:

"Well, we were here before them (them being the ownership)"
"They're just stewards, we're the real owners" and other such bollocks.

When any one "fan" stumps up 20/30/40m to clear up the messes the management team leaves behind, then they can say rightfully moan.
Sorry I don't support your views here at all. It's just down to a basic choice, if you feel the price increases are excessive then you simply don't renew your ticket. Moaning about the price but then buying one seems hypocritical to me. It's just about choice that's all. Nothing else. Simple.

Life isn't that simple.

I can, will and in fact have renewed.

That does not mean I have to endorse the price rise or agree with it.

I want the product and wouldn't want to be without it. If it did lose it, I wouldn't get it back again quickly or easily. In that sense, I am caught in the capitalism trap. I don't have any choice but to pay a price I don't think is fair and I don't agree with, because I want the product more.

The price at which I would be financially unable to pay would be much higher. But for some people it will already have passed.

I get the feeling that I'd be looking in the wrong direction if I searched for empathy on their behalf from you, so I'll leave it there
If you value something highly enough you'll of course pay the price but you must be able to afford it and value it in equal amounts. People put themselves in debt because they want something so badly and thats a road to problems and pain. It's about empowering yourself to be able to say no that's too much I'm not paying it. This world unfortunately is full of people who are hot on the price but not on the value. People keep paying it they'll keep putting it up. Life really is that simple. When you say you'll leave it there I find myself for once agreeing with you.

And for what it's worth I think Forest are taking the piss with these new prices. (A bit like Notts County Council).