Tickets & Season Tickets 22/23 | Page 8 | Vital Football

Tickets & Season Tickets 22/23

I guess it is safe to say re-zoning isn't going to make it cheaper for anyone else.

Tend to agree re the standing. I would have thought it would have been the ideal end. There will be consultation on the plans, so no doubt it will be brought up and we can push for an explanation/future plans for standing.
Yes, why would they disrupt another area of the ground that might not want to stand when they can make the new stand lowe,r rail seats which should or could increase capacity. I'm not sure if rail seats take up more, less space than a normal seat or indeed the same. They are not really for me Jeff but I see the appeal to the younger element

Ironic I got turfed out of my seat and ended up IN the padded seats!

Not sure for how much longer though, get the feeling prices are going to be way out of my reach. I stand, or in fact sit, to be corrected.

The annoying thing is JF those seats are normally half-empty despite allegedly being sold out , I have a head on view of them every game and so do the tv cameras

The annoying thing is JF those seats are normally half-empty despite allegedly being sold out , I have a head on view of them every game and so do the tv cameras

Seem real dyed in the wool, hardcore Villa fans... but also, jeez, some of the corporate lot are beyond belief, probably the only game they have seen in years and SO full of opinions... some of the away fans are terrible. As said, good few dyed in the wool, passionate fans, but there are definitely a good amount who are there on a company treat/day out and have little to no interest in the sport (not just at Villa, corporate in general)

Hey ho!

Seem real dyed in the wool, hardcore Villa fans... but also, jeez, some of the corporate lot are beyond belief, probably the only game they have seen in years and SO full of opinions... some of the away fans are terrible. As said, good few dyed in the wool, passionate fans, but there are definitely a good amount who are there on a company treat/day out and have little to no interest in the sport (not just at Villa, corporate in general)

Hey ho!
Away fans piss me off we have them behind me in the boxes even though they aren't supposed to

With a largely disappointing 2021/22 Premier League campaign edging towards a close for Aston Villa and new head coach Steven Gerrard, it's that time of the year when new season tickets become a topic of conversation and whilst few can argue with historic price freezes and our ticket prices in general when compared across the league - expectations of a rise for 2022/23 on the back of our waiting list - has unsurprisingly not gone down well.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...season-ticket-concerns-amidst-talk-of-a-rise/

I do have concerns where this will lead to some being charged more, re-classified, re-zoned or whatever re- is happening.

I also do wonder how many on this waiting list would actually follow through and buy increased priced season tickets, especially based on another relatively mediocre (think that is fair?) season?

The plastics want a product.

The dyed in the wool go because it is what they do. But for them, there is a limit, especially in these awful economic times.

I just think the timing and the awareness of the club (CEO?) is dreadful. Amidst real life inflationary pressures not seen in 30 years, a mediocre season and to rub salt into the wounds ever record breaking TV income for the PL.

I'll put it here but it's a chance for us fans to have a say.

Aston Villa Chief Executive Christian Purslow has sat down with VillaTV to discuss the Club’s plans for the redevelopment of Villa Park.

Mr Purslow confirmed the first phase of redevelopment centres around a complete rebuild of the North Stand and construction of a much larger structure to take Villa Park’s capacity above 50,000, with plans due to be submitted this summer.

Designs for the new stand, which will be sympathetic to the club’s proud history and traditions, will take into account the feedback from Fan Engagement Surveys that have been commissioned. See below for more details.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/april/14/christian-purslow-announces-stadium-redevelopment-plans/

https://www.avfc.co.uk/villa-park/villa-park-future/

Say what you like about Purslow but he is acomplished in his presentation. It sounds like it involves enlarging / improving the train stations. About time. Exciting times even if our form is err patchy.

And. What is his obsession with the number 3?.

3 players to replace Jack. . 3 stages in the development of VP.

Bet this is in his car.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Purslow lol. He is the epitome of what a CEO should be. All smoothness, bullshit and conviction. No good having a bumbling idiot as a front man.

Say what you like about Purslow but he is acomplished in his presentation. It sounds like it involves enlarging / improving the train stations. About time. Exciting times even if our form is err patchy.

Been here before with Faulkner and despite the talks, Council and Rail weren't interested in their share of the expenditure or maintenance, so the clubs efforts came to nowt. I doubt this will be different but it sounds good.

I like Purslow lol. He is the epitome of what a CEO should be. All smoothness, bullshit and conviction. No good having a bumbling idiot as a front man.
He is The epitome of corporate bullshit, the bloke you definitely avoid down the corridor/photocopier/coffee machine. Footballl was certainly for me an escape from all this commercial BS. Now the two seem ever more intertwined. Can't stand it

Been here before with Faulkner and despite the talks, Council and Rail weren't interested in their share of the expenditure or maintenance, so the clubs efforts came to nowt. I doubt this will be different but it sounds good.

They have set their sights on being a venue for the 2028 Euros. With 50k you would be waiting about 3 hours for a train currently. Entry and egress has to improve otherwise its a non starter. I trust him on this one 😁

He is The epitome of corporate bullshit, the bloke you definitely avoid down the corridor/photocopier/coffee machine. Footballl was certainly for me an escape from all this commercial BS. Now the two seem ever more intertwined. Can't stand it

Its what CEO,s do. Its how they get a job. You dont have to like it. I probably would not have a pint with him but then again it could be interesting.

They have set their sights on being a venue for the 2028 Euros. With 50k you would be waiting about 3 hours for a train currently. Entry and egress has to improve otherwise its a non starter. I trust him on this one 😁

I don't. From memory and I haven't searched for proof of our previous efforts, but I think they were on the back on the current games during the build up and the Council and Rail didn't budge. I genuinely see no difference now for 2028 especially as the criminal cockhead in charge of the country has already fucked ours (and Ireland's bid) by saying Ukraine should get it.

But I am a cynical sod lol