Season Tickets 2022-23 | Vital Football

Season Tickets 2022-23

Excellent news, those single serving/glory hunters from last season can do one.

Along with people who have had season tickets for years who didn't renew in time for various reasons. Finance, health or were just disillusioned back in February, March or even April.

First time I think that the club has mentioned ground development when explaining season ticket availability.

First time I think that the club has mentioned ground development when explaining season ticket availability.

I thought we had stopped selling new season tickets during one or two recent summers, certainly in the Main Stand, where everyone will have to be moved when (eventually) it's pulled down.

Along with people who have had season tickets for years who didn't renew in time for various reasons. Finance, health or were just disillusioned back in February, March or even April.

This is the nature of it, though - clubs don’t really care that much about any individual supporter or their circumstances. Supporters are just captured consumers who they can count on for money every year. Beyond that, I don’t think they care - you only have to look at the rhetoric around legacy supporters that the big clubs were guilty of when they were planning their Super League.

Last season was one of the few in the last two decades where I didn’t have a season ticket, but I can’t argue my case ahead of any present season ticket holder. The only gripe I will have is when fans who have been to a dozen games in the past decade - half of which happened to be last season - are ahead of me in every queue because of some arbitrary, nonsensical loyalty scheme that disregards everything apart from the very recent past.

Financial - can spread the payments.

Disillusionment? How was last season any different, apart from the fact there was only positivity around the club from February onwards.

Sorry, they're excuses, matey.

Until the club can redevelop the ground, then home tickets will be like hen's teeth; and ST holders from years past had plenty of opportunities to renew.

This is the nature of it, though - clubs don’t really care that much about any individual supporter or their circumstances. Supporters are just captured consumers who they can count on for money every year. Beyond that, I don’t think they care - you only have to look at the rhetoric around legacy supporters that the big clubs were guilty of when they were planning their Super League.

Last season was one of the few in the last two decades where I didn’t have a season ticket, but I can’t argue my case ahead of any present season ticket holder. The only gripe I will have is when fans who have been to a dozen games in the past decade - half of which happened to be last season - are ahead of me in every queue because of some arbitrary, nonsensical loyalty scheme that disregards everything apart from the very recent past.

£50 for Home memberships?

Financial - can spread the payments.

Disillusionment? How was last season any different, apart from the fact there was only positivity around the club from February onwards.

Sorry, they're excuses, matey.

Until the club can redevelop the ground, then home tickets will be like hen's teeth; and ST holders from years past had plenty of opportunities to renew.

I won't moan too much, but as far as I'm aware season tickets have been sold in two batches every single season, at the old price, or a new price. Renewals used to be in the summer, but seem to have got earlier each season. As someone else has said, loyalty doesn't seem to count for much. Guess my money will go to Sky instead, though I'm sure Forest won't be short of a replacement. In my case it was health issues amongst other things that stopped me renewing, as I was struggling to walk to the ground and climb sixty or so steps. Our ground isn't located in a particularly accessible place.

I won't moan too much, but as far as I'm aware season tickets have been sold in two batches every single season, at the old price, or a new price. Renewals used to be in the summer, but seem to have got earlier each season. As someone else has said, loyalty doesn't seem to count for much. Guess my money will go to Sky instead, though I'm sure Forest won't be short of a replacement. In my case it was health issues amongst other things that stopped me renewing, as I was struggling to walk to the ground and climb sixty or so steps. Our ground isn't located in a particularly accessible place.
I hear you mate, I've followed forest since '74 and had season tickets in various areas for well over 20 years. In recent times I just attended whenever I could. Due to Covid and ill health I haven't been to the WFCG since 2019. I was hoping to get to the odd game or two next season but that doesn't look likely now. I was planning on getting match day tickets for the less attractive games like Brentford or Bournemouth etc. I doubt I'll be able to get hold of any though.
I suppose its League cup and FA cup games only from here on in

I am waiting to be contacted by the club - I have had a ST in Lower Bridgford since we claimed it back from away.
They have sold me an ST and I have paid for it - surely that is a contract? How can they now renege on the contract?

Purely from a personal point of view - If we have to give more seats - it would be better to give them the Lower Brian Clough - and we have the whole LB - that would create a better atmosphere having Forest fans behind both goals

I am waiting to be contacted by the club - I have had a ST in Lower Bridgford since we claimed it back from away.
They have sold me an ST and I have paid for it - surely that is a contract? How can they now renege on the contract?

Purely from a personal point of view - If we have to give more seats - it would be better to give them the Lower Brian Clough - and we have the whole LB - that would create a better atmosphere having Forest fans behind both goals
I think they can renege on the contract because there has been a supervening event, namely promotion to the Premier League and a requirement to provide more away fans' tickets.
On your other point though, I agree that it would be much better if away fans were moved. I think the Lower Brian Clough is too good for them though. I would put them in the corner of the main stand that borders the Trent End- F block I think it is, where the view is not all that good, where there is a degree of geographical separation from the Trent End due to the gap at the corner and where, and this is the reason for moving them, the influence of away fans on the game is minimised. It would also be nearer to the city centre for them, and not have them traipsing across the car park causing problems by the club shop. It is the sort of place that away fans are accommodated in at Crystal Palace, where, as many will know, there is effective home support behind both goals.

I think they can renege on the contract because there has been a supervening event, namely promotion to the Premier League and a requirement to provide more away fans' tickets.
On your other point though, I agree that it would be much better if away fans were moved. I think the Lower Brian Clough is too good for them though. I would put them in the corner of the main stand that borders the Trent End- F block I think it is, where the view is not all that good, where there is a degree of geographical separation from the Trent End due to the gap at the corner and where, and this is the reason for moving them, the influence of away fans on the game is minimised. It would also be nearer to the city centre for them, and not have them traipsing across the car park causing problems by the club shop. It is the sort of place that away fans are accommodated in at Crystal Palace, where, as many will know, there is effective home support behind both goals.

I agree with your point for moving the fans - same as mine really - put then where they cant effected the match atmosphere too much. Its a while since I went - but Wolves used give the away fans the lower tier along one side - atmosphere was crap - all of the noise was dissipated
I am still not happy that I may have to move though!

I agree with your point for moving the fans - same as mine really - put then where they cant effected the match atmosphere too much. Its a while since I went - but Wolves used give the away fans the lower tier along one side - atmosphere was crap - all of the noise was dissipated
I am still not happy that I may have to move though!
Or Newcastle United (although I have not been there myself), where away fans are put high up out of the way. It is similar at Manchester United.
Your point about noise dissipation is an important one though, and one of the problems for Forest's plan is that the acoustic in the Upper Bridgford is very effective in terms of amplifying the noise in the lower tier.
I hope when you are moved that you find somewhere good- there is an announcement on the official site now about it, so if you need to get in quick, then do that.

Would never happen, as many fans travel by official coach, which needs to be parked in the Brian Clough car park.

I can't remember what segregation of the concourse is like in Brian Clough now- isn't it all one long concourse?

Would never happen, as many fans travel by official coach, which needs to be parked in the Brian Clough car park.

I can't remember what segregation of the concourse is like in Brian Clough now- isn't it all one long concourse?

The lower tier is yes - we sat there for the Cup matches last season. For me worst seats in the ground - amenities are crap - Give em to the away fans!

Or Newcastle United (although I have not been there myself), where away fans are put high up out of the way. It is similar at Manchester United.
Your point about noise dissipation is an important one though, and one of the problems for Forest's plan is that the acoustic in the Upper Bridgford is very effective in terms of amplifying the noise in the lower tier.
I hope when you are moved that you find somewhere good- there is an announcement on the official site now about it, so if you need to get in quick, then do that.

Thanks Chandos - I have just been online - they are only relocating Y1 - I am in Y2 - so am OK
Looks like I am right next to the away fans - just like the old days - but 23 years older!