Season Ticket Sales | Page 3 | Vital Football

Season Ticket Sales

On the radio this morning, one of the directors was heard to say that season ticket sales are up 70% on the same time last season!

I'm guessing it was 500 then so 850 now. Super effort!

Playing Devil's advocate, you could argue that if they're renewals, paying a lower rate, then the income is less.

SIMJON - 27/5/2016 12:49

Playing Devil's advocate, you could argue that if they're renewals, paying a lower rate, then the income is less.

Might be a good income against overdraft at this time of year

On the other hand, the vast majority of season ticket holders will attend every home game, thereby boosting sales in ancillary areas such as catering and programme sales. And inevitably, some of those will be new season ticket holders. There probably isn't much in it either way. 70% is a very large increase, that's for sure, so we'll see where we end up in a few weeks. It does guarantee the club cash flow at the most difficult time of the year - the pre-season period when there is no other income. Far less tangible is the fact that these early sales are a vote of confidence in the new manager(s) and create a bit of a buzz around the place. It doesn't necessarily mean improved attendances because most of those new season ticket holders would probably have come to each game anyway; but it probably does ensure they will come regardless of whether our season performs its annual swallow dive into the bottom half over the last two months.

And no one can argue with money in the bank, especially given our recent history.

It is yet further evidence of the positivity that has now descended over Sincil Bank.

Long may it continue!

SIMJON - 27/5/2016 12:49

If their renewals of renewals then they'll be paying the same as last year?
I think the club are happy to have the money in the bank in any case, less floating supporters who might not turn up on a wet Tuesday or if we have a bad run (like last season)(well still might not turn up but the club has the money)

Agree that the money is the bank is great. Especially at this time of year. I'll be more interested to see the comparison come August. I feel the positivity surrounding the club this year could see one.

As others have said it's a great cash flow when virtually no other income is around and, who knows, it might even boost the managerial budget or help pull off a deal?

I can see the home average leaping upwards over the 3,000 mark, provided all this optimism translates into points on the board.

I would also like to suggest that our away following will also be on the up. I, for one, expect to get to many more away games than I did last season (just two, Braintree and Boreham Wood) just like I used to.

Imp13 - 27/5/2016 20:43

Agree that the money is the bank is great. Especially at this time of year. I'll be more interested to see the comparison come August. I feel the positivity surrounding the club this year could see one.

Could see one what?

Red Wimp - 28/5/2016 19:45

Imp13 - 27/5/2016 20:43

Could see one what?

It appears I forgot to finish my sentence. I was referring to an increase in the total number of season tickets sold.

Jules - 1/6/2016 19:49

Anyone know how many we have sold so far?

It would be nice to be given an update.

I wonder if the 1,000 mark was reached? Somehow, though, I doubt it because if it had, then the Club would surely have announced that fact.