season ticket question | Vital Football

season ticket question

wxgill

Vital Squad Member
my wife has just upgraded her smart phone. i do not have one.

can i use her old phone to put my season ticket "on it" even though it will not have a sim card in it?

Do smart phones without sim cards still show your season ticket?

I wonder if this could be of use to me.

Baghdad_Rob

Vital 1st Team Regular
A mobile without a Sim card can usually still operate Apps with the emphasis on the word "usually". Can't comment specifically on the app Gillingham will be using.

You can get hold of a cheap Pay as you go sim card for a few quid on Amazon if you don't care about the network if need be.

wxgill

Vital Squad Member
A mobile without a Sim card can usually still operate Apps with the emphasis on the word "usually". Can't comment specifically on the app Gillingham will be using.

You can get hold of a cheap Pay as you go sim card for a few quid on Amazon if you don't care about the network if need be.
Thank you.

Would i have to make sure the phone had credit on it at all times?

SteveTreacle

Vital Squad Member
my wife has just upgraded her smart phone. i do not have one.

can i use her old phone to put my season ticket "on it" even though it will not have a sim card in it?

Do smart phones without sim cards still show your season ticket?

I wonder if this could be of use to me.
you should be able to connect to wifi with a sim, so should be able to download the ticket with that. It's a bit clunky to store it though as itsn't done by a clever app or anything, so you'll need to save as a file or as a photo/screen grab may work too.

ME8_Gills

Vital Reserves Team
If you are buying a season ticket, just take a screen shot of the ticket/scan code. That will then be in your phones gallery. That way no sim or network required.

Therealwaldo

Vital Squad Member
The club also recommend saving your season ticket to something like Adobe Acrobat or iBooks. That’s so its still available even if you’re offline or haven’t got a signal.

Lark

Vital 1st Team Regular
Is there nothing they can do to make it possible to add it to iphone Wallet, which is designed for tickets like this?

wxgill

Vital Squad Member
Thank you for the replies.

I tried calling the club today about something and moved two places up the queue in 30 minutes so hung up (11th to 9th).

That suggests only 2 staff are manning the phones.

EagerExile

Vital Reserves Team
Wx - I understand your frustration, but it's worth remembering that Covid has swept through GFC so a of of staff will be having to isolate - and the club isn't exactly flush with cash to fund bringing in and training up others. I don't really know what you expect the club to do.

Why not send an email with your question? I got a response within 2 working days.

wxgill

Vital Squad Member
Wx - I understand your frustration, but it's worth remembering that Covid has swept through GFC so a of of staff will be having to isolate - and the club isn't exactly flush with cash to fund bringing in and training up others. I don't really know what you expect the club to do.

Why not send an email with your question? I got a response within 2 working days.
i tried clicking contact us and the link failed.

do you have the new email address please?