Season Ticket Pricing Presentation | Page 4 | Vital Football

Season Ticket Pricing Presentation

How much money will clubs get? Like you say, crowds will likely drop a touch, but if the TV money more than compensates, I suppose clubs may not be too unhappy about it.

Not great for fans, but it may actually be of benefit to some clubs if their income ends up being higher.

Loss of corporate revenue too.

I’m not sure of the value of the contract or how it’s split between the leagues but it’s a five year deal. Who the hell wants to watch so many games I’m not sure. However losing fans is never a good thing which will be inevitable bar for the likes of Leeds. Having games Sunday lunchtimes, teatime, Thursday nights etc aren’t going to attract many fans in my opinion.

Loss of corporate revenue too.

I’m not sure of the value of the contract or how it’s split between the leagues but it’s a five year deal. Who the hell wants to watch so many games I’m not sure. However losing fans is never a good thing which will be inevitable bar for the likes of Leeds. Having games Sunday lunchtimes, teatime, Thursday nights etc aren’t going to attract many fans in my opinion.
I had a look into the new deal. Sky will broadcast all games from:

Opening day,
Final day,
Good Friday
Easter Monday
Boxing Day
New Years day
Any games during international breaks
Plus Cabaro Cup games

Then there will be a couple of L1 games televised from every round of Saturday fixtures with those games moving from the Saturday 3pm kick off time.

For all that extra televised games doing the sums seems to suggest each team in L1 only gets 200k more than they do in the current tv deal. By the time you factor in the impact it will have on match day revenue I think you'd probably lose money.

Opening day,
Final day,
Good Friday
Easter Monday
Boxing Day
New Years day
Plus Cabaro Cup games

Then there will be a couple of L1 games televised from every round of Saturday fixtures with those games moving from the Saturday 3pm kick off time.

For all that extra televised games doing the sums seems to suggest each team in L1 only gets 200k more than they do in the current tv deal. By the time you factor in the impact it will have on match day revenue I think you'd probably lose money.

Turkeys voting for Christmas, just purely from a fans point of view, the match-going fan (of all clubs, particularly teams in the Championship), has been absolutely, royally and utterly shafted here. Be some clubs in that league, lucky to have 10 3pm Sat games all season.
Conveniently (but absolutely deliberately imo), Sky have left out the most important detail, the bloody days/KO times of the games that will be moved.

Speaking as a married Mon of 40 odd years standing, my wife has long since accepted my mandatory absence on Home match Saturdays…as such she arranges other social occasions and other trips at other times/days
So she’ll rightly be peed off if I repeatedly start saying
“oh hang on we’re playing Friday night or Saturday night or Sunday Dinner or evening this week” at only a weeks notice or whatever.

Last edited:
Speaking as a married Mon of 40 odd years standing, my wife has long since accepted my mandatory absence on Home match Saturdays…as such she arranges other social occasions and other trips at other times/days
So she’ll rightly be peed off if I repeatedly start saying
“oh hang on we’re playing Friday night or Saturday night or Sunday Dinner or evening this week” at only a weeks notice or whatever.
Are you a man or a mouse ?

Opening day,
Final day,
Good Friday
Easter Monday
Boxing Day
New Years day
Plus Cabaro Cup games

I haven't looked at the deal but it seems strange that the clubs would have voted for and accepted a deal that did not have a financial advantage to them.

I am not saying they haven't, and nothing surprises me with the EFL these days, but most club chairmen are businessmen so there must be something in it for them if not a financial incentive.

I haven't looked at the deal but it seems strange that the clubs would have voted for and accepted a deal that did not have a financial advantage to them.

I am not saying they haven't, and nothing surprises me with the EFL these days, but most club chairmen are businessmen so there must be something in it for them if not a financial incentive.

In the Championship currently get around 2m, and this new deal increases that by nearly 50%.

L1 and L2 get a 25% increase, L1 currently get around 750k i believe. It's just a case of how much match day revenues are impacted by so many more games readily available on TV and fixtures moved to less convenient times.

If what being reported is correct it works out roughly 200k or roughly 8k extra for each L1 home game which is going to potentially leave you worse off if few hundred less fans (home and away) stay in to watch the game. Not to mention the loss of iFollow revenue.

The games that are moved for tv from the Saturday fixture list currently get
30k extra for the home side 10k for the away side in L1. They said there will be 2 or 3 of those every week and they want to try and ensure everyone is on a similar amount of times. So if they are keeping or enhancing that payment teams will be better off for that. There's also the factor of having more tv time gives probably more advertising revenue potential. So through that they may be able to make extra money that isn't from the Sky deal itself.

I'm just looking at the numbers that are out there and don't know all the internal figures of how televised games impact match days. But they must believe that they'll end up better off for it overall, or at least the guaranteed revenue increase from Sky is a bird in the hand.

Last edited:
Me and Jock are going to this meeting tomorrow so let us know if there are any any questions, comments, suggestions that haven't already been put in the thread.

We'll do our best to put them to the club and report back.

Me and Jock are going to this meeting tomorrow so let us know if there are any any questions, comments, suggestions that haven't already been put in the thread.

One thing that would be interesting would be to see how many season ticket holders we have from the different age groups (eg how many adult season tickets were sold last season).

All sorts of rumours get put out over the season. Will all season ticket holders get their seats. That some have had for years. Have the club any plans to be bring fans closer to the pitch.

In the Championship currently get around 2m, and this new deal increases that by nearly 50%.

L1 and L2 get a 25% increase, L1 currently get around 750k i believe. It's just a case of how much match day revenues are impacted by so many more games readily available on TV and fixtures moved to less convenient times.

If what being reported is correct it works out roughly 200k or roughly 8k extra for each L1 home game which is going to potentially leave you worse off if few hundred less fans (home and away) stay in to watch the game. Not to mention the loss of iFollow revenue.

The games that are moved for tv from the Saturday fixture list currently get
30k extra for the home side 10k for the away side in L1. They said there will be 2 or 3 of those every week and they want to try and ensure everyone is on a similar amount of times. So if they are keeping or enhancing that payment teams will be better off for that. There's also the factor of having more tv time gives probably more advertising revenue potential. So through that they may be able to make extra money that isn't from the Sky deal itself.

I'm just looking at the numbers that are out there and don't know all the internal figures of how televised games impact match days. But they must believe that they'll end up better off for it overall, or at least the guaranteed revenue increase from Sky is a bird in the hand.

In the grand scheme those revenue figures - the increases - are absolutely pitiful for the ‘price’. Bar a club such as Leeds then I suspect this TV deal will cost clubs revenue, certainly below the Championship. The impact may not necessarily be felt next season but it will in subsequent years once supporters realise what has happened. It’s such a bad deal it’s unbelievable.