Season Ticket news | Page 2 | Vital Football

Season Ticket news

Everybody under 80 should have no problem using a phone.

But this is just another example of thinking maximum technology = maximum progress. Smart this, digital that. Track you here, track you there.

Everybody under 80 should have no problem using a phone.

But this is just another example of thinking maximum technology = maximum progress. Smart this, digital that. Track you here, track you there.
But has everyone got a phone new enough for the tech I’ve only just upgraded mine as it happens cos I couldn’t scan barcodes on my old one (and it was on its last legs,and this is an S21 which is already out of date) not everyone is in need of a smart phone in everyday life

I know loads of older Blades who think smart phones and computers in general are Voodoo! There’s no way they will be able to attend games unless there’s a clear and more importantly EASY alternative. I’m sure this will backfire big time unless the club quickly clarifies what the options are for the 10%+ of fans who don’t own a smart phone. Attending games should be made as easy as possible but just like everything else in this country, a bunch of absolute morons with zero experience and foresight seem to be making decisions that just make every aspect of our lives harder in the name of progress!
But they have a systrem of printing your ticket at home so why would this be stopped? I've used it for cup games.

But they have a systrem of printing your ticket at home so why would this be stopped? I've used it for cup games.
It shouldn't be Chippy, thats my point, but those tickets probably won't work on the phone scanners so the club need to be clear from the off how people without phones will gain access so there's no doubts about renewing. For example that they will still provide physical tickets/ season tickets for certain fans and that there will there be some turnstiles where they can just pop a ticket in the slot as before....or maybe they're bringing back attendants. ;)

Last edited:
It shouldn't be Chippy, thats my point, but those tickets probably won't work on the phone scanners so the club need to be clear from the off how people without phones will gain access so there's no doubts about renewing. For example that they will still provide physical tickets/ season tickets for certain fans and that there will there be some turnstiles where they can just pop a ticket in the slot as before....or maybe they're bringing back attendants. ;)
Get the turnstiles back and use cash.

I've corrected that for you (IMO)
Anybody 60 was no older than 50 by the time mobile phones in something like their present form were very common. They have absolutely no excuse. They could use a phone if they wanted to. Even for those who are 80, it's far more 'won't' than 'can't'.

Anybody 60 was no older than 50 by the time mobile phones in something like their present form were very common. They have absolutely no excuse. They could use a phone if they wanted to. Even for those who are 80, it's far more 'won't' than 'can't'.
In my experience as an IT trainer it's a mixture of both. For many people who didn't grow up using computers tech is more than a mystery, it's a complete mental block. They're terrified of tech and smart phones to them are the same as any other computer.

431577854_10231733709428778_2228539443052837008_n.jpg
Following a Fans forum- taken from FBook

We have had the same system in place here at Sevilla fc for a couple of years. Although there is the option which I always take of also picking up a physical card at the ticket office.
Good luck with it. I always avoid standing behind someone with a phone in their hand at the turnstile, as invariably their digital ticket never works 1st time of asking, that is after taking 5mins to find the bleeding thing on their phone to start with.
I just walk up, stick my card on the scanner and pass straight through every time.

We have had the same system in place here at Sevilla fc for a couple of years. Although there is the option which I always take of also picking up a physical card at the ticket office.
Good luck with it. I always avoid standing behind someone with a phone in their hand at the turnstile, as invariably their digital ticket never works 1st time of asking, that is after taking 5mins to find the bleeding thing on their phone to start with.
I just walk up, stick my card on the scanner and pass straight through every time.
Like we do now you mean, dunno why people try to fix somat that’s not broke

Like we do now you mean, dunno why people try to fix somat that’s not broke
Cost of paper, cost of printing,cost of posting, admin costs/time/wages v simple electronic transaction at virtually no cost and easier to sell right up to KO time.

Not saying I agree Bully but can understand the reasons.

Similarly, when we travel, it's all electronic ticketing which makes me nervous eg ferry has ANPR so they know who you are/what's booked before you get to the barrier- you can print off tickets/boarding passes etc - but 99% of the time it works fine.
The big problem could be having staff with the nous to deal with problems at the turnstile.

Cost of paper, cost of printing,cost of posting, admin costs/time/wages v simple electronic transaction at virtually no cost and easier to sell right up to KO time.

Not saying I agree Bully but can understand the reasons.

Similarly, when we travel, it's all electronic ticketing which makes me nervous eg ferry has ANPR so they know who you are/what's booked before you get to the barrier- you can print off tickets/boarding passes etc - but 99% of the time it works fine.
The big problem could be having staff with the nous to deal with problems at the turnstile.
I’ve been in a panic a few times re printed tickets as I don’t have a printer 🤷‍♂️ had to forward on the email so the stepsons girlfriend could print them off for me 😬

I renewed yesdi at the ticket office,yeah i know i'm a old fashioned owd git but hey ho as always each to their own. The only season since 1967 that i aint had a season ticket was when we wern't allowed one in the crap covid era,like most on here i've seen plenty of rubbish in that time but once you're hooked your hooked,ALL BLADES AINT WI.UTB

I renewed yesdi at the ticket office,yeah i know i'm a old fashioned owd git but hey ho as always each to their own. The only season since 1967 that i aint had a season ticket was when we wern't allowed one in the crap covid era,like most on here i've seen plenty of rubbish in that time but once you're hooked your hooked,ALL BLADES AINT WI.UTB
Did you use phone or did you get card. Okay for you young folk with all your tech savvy.