Season over for Dack | Page 2 | Vital Football

Season over for Dack

How is it a twat move? Even if we managed to survive, and Millwall didn?t make it up this year, which club do you think is more likely to be going for promotion next season? It?s a no-brainer. Same division or not ? where would you rather play? In a team going for promotion, around the better players in the division, or in a team most likely to be fighting relegation, around players that we have and fans that abuse him?

His stock has gone down somewhat over the last year and I would imagine that the offers have dried up! I feel that he may have to make do with another year in league 1 before he can even think of any sort of move to the championship (be that through a move or by a move to a club that wins promotion to league 1 next year. I think his most likely route into the championship now is through a club that gets promotion. Like it or not, Millwall will be aiming for promotion again next year and we most likely, won?t. Dack would still be stuck with us in an underperforming team playing in random positions he doesn?t excel in and would lose his chance to move up.

That?s before the money is even mentioned. Millwall can afford wages Scally couldn?t even dream of. He has only a limited career and he?s 23 now. He turned down what would no doubt have been a lucrative move to the championship last year, and stayed with us to help us fight for promotion (and because he gambled on something better coming along). The difference between a comfortable championship player and a league 1 player is massive. It?s the difference between being sorted for life really. He has more than shown his loyalty to the gills by staying on and not demanding a move when it looked likely he could get one, and has even been personally abused this year despite this. He has every right to move on at the end of the year.

Unfortunately Millwall are a bigger club where he?ll make more money and no doubt play at a higher level.

Did Dack turn down the move or did the club not accept the offer for a player under contract ?

While I know he could have pushed for a move and didn't which does show loyalty I thought the club turned down City's alleged offers.

I would agree that a move to a better league one club would be a good move career wise.

Dack needs to be careful otherwise his career could end up the same way that Rooney's went and end up playing in a desert in Arizona somewhere. Petulance is an age thing and with the correct mentoring and guidance he should be OK, something that Rooney didn't get with his dad I suspect

All the signs have been that Dack doesn't really want to be here any more. Obviously frustrated that his big move didn't happen last summer, he's been below par in the majority of the matches he's played this season.

After the MK game he changed his Twitter header picture to one of JED, who he was close to and who seemed to get the best out of him. Maybe he was angry with Pennock for fining him 2 weeks wages, although it was deserved from what I've heard.

He also "likes" tweets from opposing fans suggesting he should join their club, most recently Ipswich but at the start of the season Brighton.

We saw his reaction at the end of the Charlton game when some Gills fans started having a pop at him and some idiots were calling him a "fat bastard".

It's a sad end to his Gills career but I can't see him still being here next season.

Someone has to to pay to get him though as he is still under contract.

I guess it depends if he is totally off the radar or whether another management team think they get him back to last seasons standards.

My hunch is that he will still be here but anything above a couple of hundred thousand would probably be tempting for us.

markinkent - 21/4/2017 19:32

Someone has to to pay to get him though as he is still under contract.

I guess it depends if he is totally off the radar or whether another management team think they get him back to last seasons standards.

My hunch is that he will still be here but anything above a couple of hundred thousand would probably be tempting for us.

Yep I think we could get maybe 500k now but a bit different to the rumoured offers of 2m-2.5m two Januarys ago.

For a longer ban I'm guessing that either:

The referee has quoted Dack word for word for the second caution and the FA have upgraded this to a straight red or:

Dack has had another go after the game had finished and this has earned a ban for a separate offence. This would make sense in regard to him being allowed to play again and the club appealing a second charge.

Either way Dack wont put the shirt on again.

:27:

wxgill - 22/4/2017 11:11

The referee has quoted Dack word for word for the second caution and the FA have upgraded this to a straight red or:

Dack has had another go after the game had finished and this has earned a ban for a separate offence. This would make sense in regard to him being allowed to play again and the club appealing a second charge.

If Dack's comments were that bad, the referee could have given him a straight red for foul and abusive language. The fact it was a yellow would suggest simple disent. It is almost certainly something he has said or done later.

I've heard from two premier referees what was classed at dissent in the PL and it's stuff i would red card for. The PL have their own agenda for keeping players on the field regardless of what players say to the ref!

The terminology for "foul and abusive language" is now "offensive, insulting or abusive language",

wxgill - 22/4/2017 11:11

Either way Dack wont put the shirt on again.

Your 2nd theory is correct, it's what went on in the tunnel after the game that led to the extended ban.