Season over for Dack | Vital Football

Season over for Dack

Foxinthebox67

Vital Squad Member
The FA have suspended Bradley for a further 2 matches following receipt of the referees match report from the MK Dons game.

Not sure I can completely understand a 4 game ban following 2 yellow cards (the second for dissent) when violent conduct only normally carries a 3 game ban. I know its his second dismissal of the season but what must have he said to warrant such harsh treatment???

Fingers crossed the team rally as a result and we get something from Saturdays match

I was hoping that this was a delayed April fool/ woosh etc.

Definitely seems harsh IMO.

That said, for Pennock would probably stick him in the holding role again where he had zero influence on Monday.

We've seen him for the last time in a Gills shirt, I'm sure it's not the way he would have wanted to bow out.

The Millwall and BR games were positive in terms of points with Dack missing, Dack came in for Charlton and we got our pants pulled down again. Probably a coicidence, but let's hope the trend continues. JED sending us down would be very embarrassing.

My Charlton mate rated him in the second half. He reckoned he was one of the better players they had seen there.
He sat in front of the defence originally but after the change, he went back to his normal role and looked pretty good.
I expect this means that Cornick will get another start.
:23:

Foxinthebox67 - 21/4/2017 11:20

The FA have suspended Bradley for a further 2 matches following receipt of the referees match report from the MK Dons game.

Not sure I can completely understand a 4 game ban following 2 yellow cards (the second for dissent) when violent conduct only normally carries a 3 game ban. I know its his second dismissal of the season but what must have he said to warrant such harsh treatment???

Fingers crossed the team rally as a result and we get something from Saturdays match

The fact the club was able to appeal the extra couple of matches would suggest that the extra ban related to incidents that happened after the 2nd yellow and red had been shown. The extra matches would not have related to the initial yellow cards which you cannot appeal against unless it is a case of mistaken identity.

So, after the cards had been shown, what did Dack do that was worthy of being added to the report? Maybe he continued with the verbal towards the linesman while walking to the tunnel etc? Certainly from the image in the article it doesn't look like Dack accepted the cards in good faith....

SE1_Gills - 21/4/2017 11:42

That said, for Pennock would probably stick him in the holding role again where he had zero influence on Monday.

We've seen him for the last time in a Gills shirt, I'm sure it's not the way he would have wanted to bow out.

I'd argue he was played in the quarterback role rather than in a holding role - the former about being a deep laying playmaker than a ball winner. As bigger examples of what I mean, think about players of how Carrick and Pirlo play(ed).

There was an article in the prior home programme about how opposition teams were marking Dack in his usual position and how he hasn't had as much space to do things. OK, so the change of role didn't work as well as Pennock would have hoped for, but almost certainly he wasn't asked to play as a holding midfielder.

Why do people think he will go at the end of the season? His form certainly hasn't got other teams determined to make him their key target. My prediction is that he will let his contract run down....

Silly boy who clearly hit the self destruct button when things were not going right.
I was glad when we managed to hold on to him when his value was soaring but sadly I think we missed an opportunity to cash in.

I didn't see the game or any highlights of the incident. What did he actually do? he must have been pretty uncomplimentary about the ref if he's got that much of a ban?

SE1_Gills - 21/4/2017 11:42

Arguing with fans after losing 3-0 in a local Derby after a frustrating and disappointing season.

Considering this time last year he had himself his own lap of honour and won every aware, it's such a contrast.

His story won't convince any players to be loyal to a club when bigger clubs come knocking. In fact it's a perfect example of why so many players aren't loyal these days.

Fans are desperate for players to show some loyalty, he did and he's got abuse back from it from a minority of fans and is accused by a lot of fans of thinking he's better than the club etc. and all the other cliches.

He's tried his best, he's not played brilliantly, be that down to his own fitness through injury, tactics or simply being marked out of the games as he's a well regarded player - probably a mix of all of the above - but he's tried his best this year. He runs around like a headless chicken at times - but at least he tries. Arguing with refs....again shows passion (something fans are constantly criticising the whole team of not showing). While he obviously went over the top in this instance and was rightly fined for the incident, it at least shows passion that the fans are desperate to see. No doubt the fans will still say he 'didnt want to be here' though and showed no passion for the gills and ignore the fact he got a 4 game ban and 2 week fine for showing exactly that.

Talk about double standards from fans.

I see where you're coming from AK, but I'm not sure I entirely agree. I too like the passion Dack shows, but what he did at MK was simply unprofessional - especially knowing he'd already had a yellow card. For him to get the extra two-match ban, he must have been really out of order in what he said to the ref.

Players should show they care by working hard and proving they can learn from their mistakes - not by having hissy fits. And the fact remains that Dack's performances have been massively disappointing this year. Yes, he may have had injuries and been marked more closely, but deep down I can't help feeling his mind's not been right.

Bradley Dack
Signing today apparently

Fee agreed just discussing terms

This would be a quality signing.

Highly unlikely unless Gillingham terminated his contract after his suspension ruled him out for the rest of the season, which is also unlikely as they want millions for him.

Pre contract agreement- coming to us 500k

Gills have bills to pay for pending court case ......allegedly
Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Blog this Post
Today, 01:51 PM #9

Quote Originally Posted by jase View Post

Would love for this to be true but not in a million years would we pay 500k and I'm sure championship clubs would take a chance on him for that even with his off field problems

Jt

Would be the strongest show of intent from JB since January 2012 when we signed Keogh and Lowry for 750k and got Kane and Mason on loan.

Taken from hof

I am not saying that dack's behaviour was not unprofessional and a big mistake to make especially in such a major time of the season. However my simple point was that it does show passion and fight. It shows an attitude of someone that wants the team to do as well as possible. You wouldn't be arguing with the ref about a decision if you didn't care about whether it was the right one!!

Of course we all know he should, and would prefer for him to show passion through running around on the pitch (which i point out he also does and gets told he runs around like a headless chicken) - but players make mistakes and pasison can boil over sometimes. clearly this is one of those times. he's been punished for it by the Football League and the club.

His passion was clearly misplaced, but even the most critical of observers must be able to admit the passion is actually there!

What irks me is the minority of fans digging him out after games etc., showing no loyalty to him when he's not playing well, when he has actually shown loyalty to them. He didn't leave as soon as a better offer came along which he could have done. he could have forced a move through. Look at the likes of Sterling's behaviour. He then clearly played through injury and risked his career last season.

Fans are always desperate for players to show loyalty and when a player does, this is how he's treated when he needs a bit of loyalty/support backwards. No doubt the fickle fans will be the first to moan about him when he does leave this season and show them the same sort of loyalty that they've shown him.

I agree about the abuse from fans - someone always cops for it. I suspect Dack gets it because we all know he should be playing better than he has been, so it's born of frustration. Doesn't excuse it though.

Let's be honest here, Dack set such high standards last year, winning all the awards that he did, even the best player out of all the 24 teams in the division. He hasn't reached those heights this year of course, but even a 60-70% Dack is better than some of the others in the team I'm sure you'll agree......won't you?

If the Milwall/500k rumour is true then it would be excellent news. However I wont be getting my hopes up just yet.

Admittedly, it's a better Dack rumour than him masturbating naked in a corner while a former teammate had sex with a sleeping girl.

Ha ha Blue Oyster!! Well if it was true then it's a twat move if we're both gonna be in the same division next season which we both absolutely SHOULD be!