Scotland v England: Score Predictions & Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Scotland v England: Score Predictions & Match Thread

I feel sorry for Maguire, his career has been painful to watch ever since that ridiculous price tag. At 30, he could do worse than step down a division or two and try to salvage something from his late career by enjoying his game again. But I'm afraid that has to be his final cap.
I was thinking on the evidence of tonight's game that Dunk would be a good replacement for Maguire in the side, but I see he's pushing 32.

Had to smile at Bellingham in the post match, a 20 year old schooling his manager about where and how he should be playing......and still did it in such a way he won't be getting detention.

A midfield 3 that should always begin with Rice, with youngsters Bellingham and Foden. Throw in Kane, and then the rest of them can argue amongst themselves as to who gets a gig in the XI.

Maguire did his upmost best tonight not to make a mistake.
Played about 20 of the simplest passes you'll ever see but still managed to score an own goal.

Philips has got to leave Man City (unless he can break into their team). He's a good player but is wasting his short career. His bank balance will make up for it in a way but all his memories will be from the subs bench....and he's better than that.

Was all pretty good from England from what I saw (first half and the end!) Not sure what Robertson was doing for the second, strange mistake. Bellingham just keeps getting better and better...

It frustrates me that we have all these top class players especially upfront and in the first half last night we looked super, swift quick passing and could have scored more goals.

Then second half we revert back to type slow ponderous passing backwards and sideways and we let Scotland back into the game.

This is what annoys me with Southgate it’s like we are playing half the time with the handbrake on.

Yes we have been tremendous under Southgate but stop choosing players through loyalty, pick them on form regardless of how many players you end up going through. Maguire shouldn’t be in the team he’s made a substitute appearance against arsenal that’s it.

Phillips has played 6 minutes of football all season, I’ve probably touched a ball more than 6 minutes since August.

Henderson, managers go and watch games to see how their players are doing, is Gareth going to be flying out to Saudi to watch him play against the dog and duck? I very much doubt it.

Had to smile at Bellingham in the post match, a 20 year old schooling his manager about where and how he should be playing......and still did it in such a way he won't be getting detention.

A midfield 3 that should always begin with Rice, with youngsters Bellingham and Foden. Throw in Kane, and then the rest of them can argue amongst themselves as to who gets a gig in the XI.

"How about this for a plan from this point on, however long the dog days of late Gareth England might last, no matter how powerful the temptation to keep it tight and win on the details? Nine times out of 10, just pick Bellingham and Foden. The 10th time, think about it, weigh the options, the need for caution and control and then just pick Bellingham and Foden again."

Yes we have been tremendous under Southgate but stop choosing players through loyalty, pick them on form regardless of how many players you end up going through. Maguire shouldn’t be in the team he’s made a substitute appearance against arsenal that’s it.

Phillips has played 6 minutes of football all season, I’ve probably touched a ball more than 6 minutes since August.

Henderson, managers go and watch games to see how their players are doing, is Gareth going to be flying out to Saudi to watch him play against the dog and duck? I very much doubt it.
Just heard on the radio, since joining Man City, Phillips has started the same amount of England games as for his club! We might hear the old "match fit" line in the future.
We were a joy to watch for 45 minutes last night. No doubt we will retreat into our shells for the next game. With the likes of Foden and Bellingham we really should be putting most sides under the pump for long periods. Sure, some will try to stop them playing, but we shouldn't be helping them do so!