Scoreless Strikers | Vital Football

Scoreless Strikers

57harry

Vital 1st Team Regular
Unfortunately we are going to add Luke Plange to this list of LCFC forwards who have failed to score during their time here. Others that I am aware of :

Steve Torpey
Drew Broughton
Martin Carruthers
Omari Coleman
Danny Bacon
Dan Graham
Kevin Gall
Junior Mendez
Olly Ryan
Paul Connor

Yep, when MK brought on Sanders and Makama yesterday ahead of Plange at 0-0, it told you all you needed to know. It’s been a hard task for Plange in the lone striker role, something we definitely need to try and address in the summer and get more of a goal threat.

Last edited:
Yep, when MK brought on Sanders and Manama yesterday ahead of Plange at 0-0, it told you all you needed to know. It’s been a hard task for Plange in the lone striker role, something we definitely need to try and address in the summer to get more of a goal threat.
If there ever was a player lacking in confidence it was Plange, if only he had a bit of luck and nicked one may have turned out differently for him. Bound to score against us next season !

Unfortunately we are going to add Luke Plange to this list of LCFC forwards who have failed to score during their time here. Others that I am aware of :

Steve Torpey
Drew Broughton
Martin Carruthers
Omari Coleman
Danny Bacon
Dan Graham
Kevin Gall
Junior Mendez
Olly Ryan
Paul Connor
Paul Connor looked half decent in his few appearances with us, just unlucky with injuries and how long he was out for. He was never going to be prolific, but he was a bit of a NL Tom Hopper as far as I can recall.

I certainly remember Ollie Ryan getting a shot pushed onto the post and out for a corner in added time at Wrexham when we led 1-0 in Big Keith's first game back after the strange gardening leave hiatus. Scott Kerr and another small player then made a total horlicks of a keep ball corner, Wrexham broke and equalised with virtually the last kick.

I occasionally wonder if Ryan might have kicked on if that shot had gone in, such are the breaks, Makama and Draper beware.

Also remember Ryan and Steve Torpid setting up a goal for Kerr at Bury early the following season, but they both peaked at that point.

Didn't Ollie Ryan score in the 5-0 at Barnet in 2006? Or was that Mettam?

Ryan missed a couple of good chances, including a one-on-one, at MK in Schoey's final game.

Drewe Broughton's record of no goals in 31 appearances will probably never be surpassed by a striker here; at least, I hope it will never be.

Ironically, he was loaned to AFCW where his 2 goals in 8 Conference games helped them to promotion to League Two, replacing Lincoln in the Football League. I wonder how many other loanees have helped their new side to promotion at the expense of their parent club?

Drewe Broughton's record of no goals in 31 appearances will probably never be surpassed by a striker here; at least, I hope it will never be.

Ironically, he was loaned to AFCW where his 2 goals in 8 Conference games helped them to promotion to League Two, replacing Lincoln in the Football League. I wonder how many other loanees have helped their new side to promotion at the expense of their parent club?
it could only happen to us!

Spencer had 2 +8 appearences and Allon has 3 +1 . Neither scored so I think they can be added to the list !

Spencer had 2 +8 appearences and Allon has 3 +1 . Neither scored so I think they can be added to the list !

Forgotten about his subs, all I can remember is that sitter he missed against Southend that might have kept us up...