Score Predictions & Match Thread: Tunisia v England | Page 5 | Vital Football

Score Predictions & Match Thread: Tunisia v England

After that Harry Kane goal i can march down onto the beach tomorrow here in southern Italy in my budgie smugglers and HOLD MY HEAD HIGH AMONGST THE italians.

I feel another 1966 coming on.......i`m joking mostly we were toilet.

set pieces were the order of the day.
Tunisia were average to poor,
RHEADY WOULD HAVE HAD A FIELD DAY.

We got out of jail there, this should have been a comfortable win against a very weak team but apart from Kane we have no composure or killer instinct in front of goal. Disgraceful performance by Tunisia, no attempt to play football, constant cheating and play acting. The Colombian referee should never be allowed to referee again.

Tunisia employed different tactics and showed exactly what I expected in the space of one game. First half they pressed high which allowed us to break at pace and made us look half decent. Second half they parked the bus and apart from set pieces and the occasional overlap down our right we were really struggling to create clear opportunities. Teams will simply be careful not to over commit against us, strangle the game and the better ones will break on us and punish our flaky defence. Maguire no pace, Stones average pace and lacks positional sense/strength, Walker is not a centre back. Oh well should have enough to beat Panama.

What is Young doing out there in an England shirt,Sam Habergham would do a better job.
Not good enough positional wise as a wing back in defence, not quick enough going forward and average delivery. Rose is quicker and better defensively but unfortunately his delivery is usually scuffed or over hit.

There are some harsh people on here! - that was a decent effort by a mostly inexperienced England side. Job done. I thought everyone did ok, albeit some poor finishing first half - give 'em a chance for heavens sake!

Yep i agree, i didn't think it was a bad performance at all.

If used correctly VAR would have ruled out their pen and given us 2

Who's to say it wasn't used correctly? We don't know how it's supposed to be used and that is it's biggest problem. The only way to do it is give the captain or manager (I would say captain as he's on the pitch) 2 reviews as they do in the cricket and you keep the review if you are right. This would overturn howlers like our 2 penalties that were not given, but probably theirs would have stood as there was contact in the box. The Ref can review at anytime like umpires check for boundaries and catches in Cricket.

yeh, we played ok. but seemed to have problems creating something in the final 3rd at times. I think Tunisia are a decent team to be fair and we have done well to get 3 points. they recently drew 2-2 with Portugal in Lisbon and lost 0-1 to Spain. We remained patient.
I think Lingard and Sterling looked a little lightweight, like under 21's that haven't filled out. i would have started with Vardy or Rashford alongside Kane. Expect Gareth will against Panama on Sunday.

Who's to say it wasn't used correctly? We don't know how it's supposed to be used and that is it's biggest problem. The only way to do it is give the captain or manager (I would say captain as he's on the pitch) 2 reviews as they do in the cricket and you keep the review if you are right. This would overturn howlers like our 2 penalties that were not given, but probably theirs would have stood as there was contact in the box. The Ref can review at anytime like umpires check for boundaries and catches in Cricket.
Someone from the FA will need to ask FIFA what was the reasoning for not giving penalties for the rugby tackles on Kane via VAR; they need to be reviewed, not for England's sake, but to improve the system for future matches.

Decent first half, bit average second half but good to get the job done! Played some decent football in bits. Penalty was soft, especially in comparison to the Kane challenges. Could have been out of sight on another day.

Sterling has been terrific for Man City this season, but he's got De Bruyne and David Silva to support him. He's never shown that level of confidence at club level before, he's still not showing it for England.

Finishing, apart from Kane, was poor, hopefully that'll settle down.

Would start with Rashford next match.

Agree Henderson was class, thought Maguire had a good game but never really tested defensively, Belgium will really test that formation.

Considering refs were supposed to be clamping down on holding, the rugby tackle on Kane first half and tag team effoft on him and Maguire second, what were the VAR officials doing? Bit like the magic wand muppets in Champions League games.

Still, a first game win is a win, deal with Panama as they should and that'll be qualification sorted. However, this is England....

And is Gareth Southgate DC's long lost twin brother??

How often were City decidedly average in the second halve in the last 2 years and snatched a result late on? #learningthecowleymethod

some of those set pieces looked very Lincolnesq