Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v France | Page 4 | Vital Football

Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v France

The simple truth is, Southgate has done one hell of a job to get us challenging in tournaments, using players he has worked with at a younger age. So, let’s go again next tournament!

he also seems a decent chap, the previous managers have not really had that strength. In fact a lot of international managers don’t have that trait.

Southgate has done a great job bringing this group through over the past few years and deserves a lot of credit but this squad has gone from being a defensive strength to an attacking force and the single thing that said to me he needs to hanf the reigns on was when he decided to take Saka off and keep Foden on.

That Foden stayed on past the first 10 mins of the second half was just ignoring he wasn't in the game and taking Saka off for anything other than an injury just is plain wrong.

Saka is by far the best player in this team and the whole empthasis should be built around him. He is like Raheem Sterling but with added bite, added penetration and end results.

So disappointed and feel for Harry. Somuch pressure on s single moment. Becoming all time scorer as well as what it meant for the game.

But we have to move on from this "protect what we've got" setup. We have one of the world's best attacking units from left to right and need to start to take advantage of that.

And bring who in? No one ever seems to suggest a name when they think the solution is so simple!
I have no names either. But we are a different England now than from when Gareth took over. A lot to do with him and his team but we now need a coach that takes advantage of how good we are on the attack and not focus on holding what we have so much.

Why? England played well and were undone by poor ref and a penalty miss. Two best teams in the tournament played tonight.

Southgate gets the best out of these players and should continue to the next Euros.

We were undone by 2 defensive lapses not by a ref or a penalty miss. The latter would only have drawn us level. We lost because we are so focused on players like Foden that are great if they can get in the game but contribute little if they can't and we ignore players like Sterling and Saka that make things happen. Its criminal the way we slander players that take chances and champion the ones that play safe.

We were undone by 2 defensive lapses not by a ref or a penalty miss. The latter would only have drawn us level. We lost because we are so focused on players like Foden that are great if they can get in the game but contribute little if they can't and we ignore players like Sterling and Saka that make things happen. Its criminal the way we slander players that take chances and champion the ones that play safe.

Nah. First goal was a foul. So no goal. We should have had a penalty sooner than we got one. So total rubbish.

And bring who in? No one ever seems to suggest a name when they think the solution is so simple!
Who said the solution is simple!!!! Most countries never get within a sniff of winning a major trophy, that’s why it so interesting. However although Southgate has done OK that’s not the same as being winner material so England need to look elsewhere - there’s going to be no easy route but carrying on doing the same and expecting a different result ain’t clever…..

Who said the solution is simple!!!! Most countries never get within a sniff of winning a major trophy, that’s why it so interesting. However although Southgate has done OK that’s not the same as being winner material so England need to look elsewhere - there’s going to be no easy route but carrying on doing the same and expecting a different result ain’t clever…..

And bring who in? Still awaiting a name...

Nah. First goal was a foul. So no goal. We should have had a penalty sooner than we got one. So total rubbish.
Yes it was a foul, many fouls on both sides not given. We had plenty of time to recover though and the goal was scored because our DMs did not get out and left the guy some space. It wasn;t a counter attck-goal. We thwarted that and they had to rebuild their attack.

If we micro analyse every event there won't be that huge a difference between fouls given not given. No excuses on that one though. We switched off.

Southgate has done a great job bringing this group through over the past few years and deserves a lot of credit but this squad has gone from being a defensive strength to an attacking force and the single thing that said to me he needs to hanf the reigns on was when he decided to take Saka off and keep Foden on.

That Foden stayed on past the first 10 mins of the second half was just ignoring he wasn't in the game and taking Saka off for anything other than an injury just is plain wrong.

Saka is by far the best player in this team and the whole empthasis should be built around him. He is like Raheem Sterling but with added bite, added penetration and end results.

So disappointed and feel for Harry. Somuch pressure on s single moment. Becoming all time scorer as well as what it meant for the game.

But we have to move on from this "protect what we've got" setup. We have one of the world's best attacking units from left to right and need to start to take advantage of that.
Excellent post.

And bring who in? Still awaiting a name...
Do you think Gareth is the man to take this team to win a tournament?

When he took over we were a mess and the credit is to him that wee have recovered from that to where we are now but in his reign our attacking strengths have aligned with how the modern game is going and his strengths are not taking advantage of that.

He deserves a massive amount of credit to bringing us to where we are now but we need now to move onto the next level because our team has moved onto the next level.

You want a name? Pochettino. Discuss.

Yes it was a foul, many fouls on both sides not given. We had plenty of time to recover though and the goal was scored because our DMs did not get out and left the guy some space. It wasn;t a counter attck-goal. We thwarted that and they had to rebuild their attack.

If we micro analyse every event there won't be that huge a difference between fouls given not given. No excuses on that one though. We switched off.

So what is the point of VAR? If it doesn't correct the "wrongs"?

Now adding garlic and Jean Paul Satre alongside Netflix to my Gammon list of patriotic boycotts. The dirty bastards!

So what is the point of VAR? If it doesn't correct the "wrongs"?

I'm not arguing with that but sport is about decisions given and not given. That fould diid not concede that goal. Us switching off after dealing with their counter attack conceded that goal. We switched off a lot. Minutes after we scored our penalty we let Rabiot run free and shoot.

Giroud had shown twice previous to his goal he was getting in the right places and 3rd time lucky.

We dominated that game. We were by far the better team but we need to start focusing on attack instead of safety. We have an insanely good attack if we look at it.

The biggest question is not about manager or attacking options.. The biggest question is how do we replace Henderson because when he is not on the pitch we play from 10 yards deeper. Rice, Bellingham, Phillips are no replacement....at the moment, maybe they will develop,

what can i say , so looking forward to Morocco beating the English , but i must raise a glass to Harry . Great 2nd penalty . :clap::clap::lol::lol:

Well, you seem to think it is time for him to step aside, so unless you have alternative, why say it?
We should only stick with Southgate if we genuinely believe he’s on the track to winning something. In my view the evidence shows he’ll never win anything so the sensible course is to start to look at credible alternatives. I accept there are no immediate stand out English candidates, so I suggest we may need to look wider again. Just sticking with him because he’s a nice guy and has been unlucky will perpetuate failure.

I'm not arguing with that but sport is about decisions given and not given. That fould diid not concede that goal. Us switching off after dealing with their counter attack conceded that goal. We switched off a lot. Minutes after we scored our penalty we let Rabiot run free and shoot.

Giroud had shown twice previous to his goal he was getting in the right places and 3rd time lucky.

We dominated that game. We were by far the better team but we need to start focusing on attack instead of safety. We have an insanely good attack if we look at it.

The biggest question is not about manager or attacking options.. The biggest question is how do we replace Henderson because when he is not on the pitch we play from 10 yards deeper. Rice, Bellingham, Phillips are no replacement....at the moment, maybe they will develop,

What happened beyond the foul was our fault, but the officials and/or the VAR should have seen the foul. Human error is no more. They saw it more than once and failed to go back and give a foul. It's bullshit.

We should only stick with Southgate if we genuinely believe he’s on the track to winning something. In my view the evidence shows he’ll never win anything so the sensible course is to start to look at credible alternatives. I accept there are no immediate stand out English candidates, so I suggest we may need to look wider again. Just sticking with him because he’s a nice guy and has been unlucky will perpetuate failure.

So, your alternatives are?