Scapegoat Lundstram has a New Name. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Scapegoat Lundstram has a New Name.

Rod have you seen what players are getting red carded for recently,very similar lunging tackles as what he did,but like the rest of us Blades i cheered him for doing it and the pass which was very nearly converted into a goal,but thats from 2 weeks ago,its gone now.

Wilder is in charge,but to say we as fans cannot disagree with anything he does is daft.

The stats dont lie,its a stat just like the stat we had when Wright played we did not lose,or the stat like Billys if he scored we did not lose,think thats reyt.

If Lundstram plays against Brum,i wont like it,but if he plays well i will say so,and cheer and clap like the rest if he does something good during play.

Rod have you seen what players are getting red carded for recently,very similar lunging tackles as what he did,but like the rest of us Blades i cheered him for doing it and the pass which was very nearly converted into a goal,but thats from 2 weeks ago,its gone now.

Wilder is in charge,but to say we as fans cannot disagree with anything he does is daft.

The stats dont lie,its a stat just like the stat we had when Wright played we did not lose,or the stat like Billys if he scored we did not lose,think thats reyt.

If Lundstram plays against Brum,i wont like it,but if he plays well i will say so,and cheer and clap like the rest if he does something good during play.
Of course we're all entitled to our views Chippy,it's a part of wot meks footy so gr8(folk havin differin views)I thought Tufty got it wrong by not playin Duffy in't first home game v Swansea but the point i'm tryin to mek is they(The Staff) know alot more than we'll ever know regardin oppo tactics,how our lads are feelin,wot they've done in trainin etc; That tackle on Grealish was superb nowhere near a lunge,if Olly or FLECKY had made it everyone wudda gone crazy wi their praise.Anyway have a gud neet mi owd pal i'm gunna have a few bevvies nar.:cheers::toot: UTCB

i do agree with you chip that basham should be moved to midfield and stearman brought in at the back but disagree with you about lundstrum its not his fault he cant play with the speed of thought that fleck gives us for me although im a big big fan of chris its him you should be having a dig at he picks the team and dont forget lundstrum is still a young lad learning his trade its not his fault hes not quite good enough for our first team yet i think we should give the lad a bit of slack after all hes in our squad and everybody should get behind him when he plays utb ftp

It’s not Lundstrum fault that we failed to land our number 1 target, a quality striker. Without Fleck we still should and could have won if we had taken our chances. With the power 3 we are that dominant in midfield we will usually win but you have to take your chances in what will be a tight league.

It’s not Lundstrum fault that we failed to land our number 1 target, a quality striker. Without Fleck we still should and could have won if we had taken our chances. With the power 3 we are that dominant in midfield we will usually win but you have to take your chances in what will be a tight league.
agree bfl we still havent aquired that 1 clinical striker we obviously require but that would mean spending serious money and im afraid we just havent got the funds for that type of signing

I'm sure Lundstrum's not deaf & blind.
The lad must be aware of all the negative stuff being written about him on social media & said on radio phone-ins etc.
Obviously this will affect his confidence, it would affect anyone's - I agree with those that say we shouldn't be trolling one of our own...give the lad some support, trust in CW.
Personally, I've never heard anyone boo or jeer when he comes on as sub, (we sit in the family stand) but if it is happening then that is truly unforgivable!
If you want to use 'stats' to justify why we lose games try 11 shots on goal - 0 successful!
Last time I checked, Lundstrum wasn't employed as a striker...

i do agree with you chip that basham should be moved to midfield and stearman brought in at the back but disagree with you about lundstrum its not his fault he cant play with the speed of thought that fleck gives us for me although im a big big fan of chris its him you should be having a dig at he picks the team and dont forget lundstrum is still a young lad learning his trade its not his fault hes not quite good enough for our first team yet i think we should give the lad a bit of slack after all hes in our squad and everybody should get behind him when he plays utb ftp
I dont mind Lundstram being a squad player,just dont like him starting games,this age thing JOC is the same age and does a fine job.

I'm sure Lundstrum's not deaf & blind.
The lad must be aware of all the negative stuff being written about him on social media & said on radio phone-ins etc.
Obviously this will affect his confidence, it would affect anyone's - I agree with those that say we shouldn't be trolling one of our own...give the lad some support, trust in CW.
Personally, I've never heard anyone boo or jeer when he comes on as sub, (we sit in the family stand) but if it is happening then that is truly unforgivable!
If you want to use 'stats' to justify why we lose games try 11 shots on goal - 0 successful!
Last time I checked, Lundstrum wasn't employed as a striker...

Its a stat in the same mould as when Jake Wright played we did not lose,and when Billy scored first goal we did not lose.

If we play Lundstram from now until Xmas and are in the bottom three,folk might just open their eyes and see the stat.

But thankfully baring a catastrophe happening we wont be finding out how low we can go with Lundstram as a starter.

So what's wi tother 10 players on't pitch Chippy? It's barmy to lay the blame at one player's door.I dunt think anyone's sayin Lundy shud start every week but hey we're just goin round in circles aren't we. UTCB

Frank Barlow was the 1st player I can remember who the United fans booed,Johnny Gannon was another target for the boo boys,we always have to have one it seems.

Thought Lundstram was decent on Saturday,but trying to fill Flecky or Couttsy boots is a big ask for the lad

Frank Barlow was the 1st player I can remember who the United fans booed,Johnny Gannon was another target for the boo boys,we always have to have one it seems.

Thought Lundstram was decent on Saturday,but trying to fill Flecky or Couttsy boots is a big ask for the lad
yeah and its not his fault we cant afford the top championship striker that would definetly get us in the top 6 imo

So, it appears some of our fans want him to be castigated and shamed
and then expect him to perform when he is next selected by our Chris?

:stupid:

So what's wi tother 10 players on't pitch Chippy? It's barmy to lay the blame at one player's door.I dunt think anyone's sayin Lundy shud start every week but hey we're just goin round in circles aren't we. UTCB

No one else currently in the side has that stat.

Crowd gave Tony Wagstaffe a rough time in the 60s Blocky. Same with Monty and Quinny. Some Seem to be waiting to pounce on any mistake they made :rolleyes:

It really is if the face fits we’ve had some awful players who have become cult heroes some cos they gave their all others for no apparent reason joe Bolton springs to mind