Scapegoat Lundstram has a New Name. | Vital Football

Scapegoat Lundstram has a New Name.

ChipButtyBlade

Vital Squad Member
Call him what you like,me its.............John Jonah thats my new name for him.

We dont win when he starts.

Wilder please play Basham in that position bring Stearman into defence and leave John Jonah to warm the bench.

Why do we want to troll our own players?? Hes not Coutts or Fleck, we get that, but the manager picks him and he goes out and gives his all.
Yeah cos it was Lundy's fault Goldie missed 4 decent chances,anyone replacin FLECKY aint gunna do what he produces.God help us if we dunt hammer Brum in't week,it'll be Wilder's no idea for some.:yes: A defeat and the negativity returns where as if anyone went overboard after a good win we'd all be sayin calm yoursens darn a bit ya lairy chuffs. Leon to return v Brum? UTCB

Last edited:
Why do we want to troll our own players?? Hes not Coutts or Fleck, we get that, but the manager picks him and he goes out and gives his all.

Then Wilder needs to look at the stats,whenever JJ plays we dont win,its a monkey that is sticking to JJ's back.

Basham is the answer for JJ and Stearman is the answer for Basham.

Then Wilder needs to look at the stats,whenever JJ plays we dont win,its a monkey that is sticking to JJ's back.

Its a monkey that is being manufactured and put on his back by our own supporters.

CW will figure it out, or Coutts and Flecky will be back and he won't need to.

Knowing what everyone knows about the stats/monkey that is on Lundstram's back (we dont win) do you play him against Birmingham and hope that the stat alters.

The flowing quick football that saw us win four games goes out of the window when Lundstram starts,its like old folks walking football.

The facts are that we’ve not got a like for like replacement for Fleck, just like we hadn’t for Coutts before Norwood came. It’s not Lunny’s fault that he’s not good enough to replace either of them without degrading the performance. I’m sure that he gives it his best, but having seen him play dozens of times he’s just not (IMO) good enough to play at the tempo that we need him to. Maybe it’d be a different story if we’d didnt play in the style/formation we do?

Either way, we’ve found another ‘Coutts’ type in Norwood, so hopefully we can find someone closer to Flecky in January and meanwhile let’s hope this rare injury for him is a one off.

Knowing what everyone knows about the stats/monkey that is on Lundstram's back (we dont win) do you play him against Birmingham and hope that the stat alters.

I think we've lost each game that McGoldrick has started too, yet he isn't getting a mention as official 'Jonah'. So much for the 'stat'

Lundstram will be picked when we haven't got our first choice players available. If Coutts and/or Flecky are ready to go, then its back to the bench for him.

I think we've lost each game that McGoldrick has started too, yet he isn't getting a mention as official 'Jonah'. So much for the 'stat'

Lundstram will be picked when we haven't got our first choice players available. If Coutts and/or Flecky are ready to go, then its back to the bench for him.
I didn’t think we lost last week did we Father? ;)

Basham is the answer for JJ and Stearman is the answer for Basham.
D'ya honestly Tufty and his staff dunt look at stats?:LOL: Who was at fault for their goal yesdi? Goldie for not stoppin the cross? Norwood for bein stood behind rather than in front& lettin Watkins header get past him? Hendo for not savin his header? NO NO NO twas cos Lundy was on't pitch.:shake: The BLADIES have lost 2-0 to Brum today,Lundy's affectin them as well it seems.:shake: UTCB

Last edited:
D'ya honestly Tufty and his staff dunt look at stats?:LOL: Who was at fault for their goal yesdi? Goldie for not stoppin the cross? Norwood for bein stood behind rather than in front& lettin Watkins header get past him? Hendo for not savin his header? NO NO NO twas cos Lundy was on't pitch.:shake: The BLADIES have lost 2-0 to Brum today,Lundy's affectin them as well it seems.:shake: UTCB
They quite obviously are sticking their combined heads in the sand and ignoring them stats,its like self harming playing Lundstram with his win ratio in the team.
----------------------------------------
Just in case you missed them in the other thread.

Here is the Lundstram record,taken from S2,the record will be different (worse) because it was posted on August 14th 2018.

I agree that taken in isolation, his record is meaningless.

However, if we compare lundstram’s starting record:

P 22
W 4
D 6
L 12

Win percentage of 18%

And then compare it directly to our record WITHOUT him in the starting line up:

P 24
W 16
D 3
L 5

Win percentage of 67%.

I would suggest it starts to become relevant. That is an astonishing difference whichever way you look at it. This is for the same team, in the same league in the same season. That is a substantial enough sample size for the to be some causation alongside the correlation....

Edit: in addition to these stats, Lundstram started theee games before Coutts broke his leg: QPR away, Fulham at home and Forest away - we lost ALL THREE. And this is when we were second and absolutely flying. The correlation is terrifying!

Last edited:

Had an excellent game against Villa,did Goldie.

That's the big problem with some of our players, lack of consistency. Can look great one week but crap the next. Thought we looked okay yesterday and Lundy did well as a DEFENSIVE midfielder which he is.
We still need a new forward in the next Transfer window.
By the way think we had a lucky escape with Waghorn. Rotherham mate said he was garbage and got hauled off in the second half.

They quite obviously are sticking their combined heads in the sand and ignoring them stats,its like self harming playing Lundstram with his win ratio in the team.
----------------------------------------
Just in case you missed them in the other thread.

Here is the Lundstram record,taken from S2,the record will be different (worse) because it was posted on August 14th 2018.

I agree that taken in isolation, his record is meaningless.

However, if we compare lundstram’s starting record:

P 22
W 4
D 6
L 12

Win percentage of 18%

And then compare it directly to our record WITHOUT him in the starting line up:

P 24
W 16
D 3
L 5

Win percentage of 67%.

I would suggest it starts to become relevant. That is an astonishing difference whichever way you look at it. This is for the same team, in the same league in the same season. That is a substantial enough sample size for the to be some causation alongside the correlation....

Edit: in addition to these stats, Lundstram started theee games before Coutts broke his leg: QPR away, Fulham at home and Forest away - we lost ALL THREE. And this is when we were second and absolutely flying. The correlation is terrifying!
Perhaps tha shud send Tufty a letter wi ya stats included and ask em why they're stickin combined heads in't sand mi owd pal.I get ya dunt rate the lad but even when he does well(Villa sub appearance) tha dunt gi him any credit tha'd sooner say summat silly like when he tackled the Villa cheat so brilliantly tha said he cudda got a red.I just dunt understand some fans alluss have to slate someone in the side and again i say if he was anywhere near as bad as you think,he surely wunt be still at BDBL would he? Or are ya really questionin Tufty's football Knowledge? Does tha really think tha knows more abart our players than Tufty does? Get thissen an interview wi a view to showin Tufty& all the staff how it's done,i'm sure they'd welcome ya lesson wi open arms. UTCB