Scally to sell up? | Page 7 | Vital Football

Scally to sell up?

“Bezos, Zuckerberg, Musk takeover collapses at last hurdle”

Reputedly the “biggest deal ever” in professional soccer worth “gazillions” to buy an unnamed, unfancied, unrivaled (literally), English football club foundered yesterday. A spokesman for the three commented, “it’s a tragedy really. We’d done all the work. The money was lined up. The boys had all flown in. We were ready to sign. Then we went on one of the supporters’ sites. My God! They’re all mental.” A more complete statement from the group is expected later today. The identity of the club remains unclear, but sources suggest….

“Bezos, Zuckerberg, Musk takeover collapses at last hurdle”

Reputedly the “biggest deal ever” in professional soccer worth “gazillions” to buy an unnamed, unfancied, unrivaled (literally), English football club foundered yesterday. A spokesman for the three commented, “it’s a tragedy really. We’d done all the work. The money was lined up. The boys had all flown in. We were ready to sign. Then we went on one of the supporters’ sites. My God! They’re all mental.” A more complete statement from the group is expected later today. The identity of the club remains unclear, but sources suggest….
Damn clickbait WHO?

Just had this from a guy in the media:

Not totally over the line just yet but I'm told from within the club it's very close now. I'm told within weeks rather than days but anything is possible with Scally concerned. I'd also not rule out it falling through at the last minute as these things can do.

Not totally over the line just yet but I'm told from within the club it's very close now. I'm told within weeks rather than days but anything is possible with Scally concerned. I'd also not rule out it falling through at the last minute as these things can do.

Nevermind that, what humorous road names have you got for us?

Short interview on FB Harris not saying much but he is not denying takeover

He didn’t say much, said he’d seen the rumours but was a bit in the dark himself. Certainly didn’t dismiss it as internet talk.

Make of that what you will

It’s exciting about a potential rich benefactor coming in to the fold, if there is any substance behind the rumours.

A big part of me, however, feels a bit sick about GFC becoming part of the endemic problem in football finances. I always liked that we lived within our means; and despised clubs (like Derby) who spend, spend, spend. Those teams are cheats. I always liked that we competed fairly.