Saturday 15th April 3pm ko TOTTENHAM v Bournemouth PREDICTOR THREAD | Page 3 | Vital Football

Saturday 15th April 3pm ko TOTTENHAM v Bournemouth PREDICTOR THREAD

WRONG ...we were at the crest obviously after thrashing (oops cheating) Brighton and so had no option but to go down!

I think we are off the rails.

Anything we achieve this season will likely be tagged a miracle.

I am thinking about next season and the only thing I care about is that we play twice a week.

What amazes me is how we are nearer the top of the league than the bottom...go figure?

I find it difficult to recall a game where we have performed and played to a standard, that reflects a top-five team. Most of our games are close-run affairs, won by the odd goal often scored by Kane. If he had been absent for a prolonged time, it would be difficult to see us above mid-table.

I find it difficult to recall a game where we have performed and played to a standard, that reflects a top-five team. Most of our games are close-run affairs, won by the odd goal often scored by Kane. If he had been absent for a prolonged time, it would be difficult to see us above mid-table.

Conversely, Kane being absent could have changed the entire situation for the better by forcing a change in tactics.

Conversely, Kane being absent could have changed the entire situation for the better by forcing a change in tactics.

Any change of tactic for the better would have to include him, we don't have a comparable player of his standard. He is by far our best, while Son hasn't been at the races. Kulusevski for example has dropped off to averageness, like too many others around him. We need a host of upgrades.

Any change of tactic for the better would have to include him, we don't have a comparable player of his standard. He is by far our best, while Son hasn't been at the races. Kulusevski for example has dropped off to averageness, like too many others around him. We need a host of upgrades.

I think what we would have seen is less goals at either end with Kane absent. In reality, it is what we might end up with next season.

With Richi up front we wouldn't have conceded the Saints first goal and the Tarkowski Everton equaliser. I have a hunch Porro doesn't lose the ball either if Kane is showing at the weekend. Kane's starting position was the other side of the centre circle when the ball is in our right back channel. There was no "out" ball and that is so typical of Kane nowadays.

I also think we would have been talking about missed chances without Kane playing though. Our top scorer would be on 12 goals, not 22. That side of the conversation is a given until Richi or Son start scoring freely without Kane around. That will always be a question mark.

It has been said we would be better without HK, that's a may or may not! we wont know until it happens.

Without HK another main striker who works, defends from the front, could be Richi and scores say 12-14 gls, Son may get more! Danji adding, Kulu adding to the totals.
The centre of the pitch would not be be so wide open, thus defence under less pressure.

There is also! maybe and it is a big maybe HK under a new ideas coach will be more like what we want from him, not holding my breath though.

I think what we would have seen is less goals at either end with Kane absent. In reality, it is what we might end up with next season.

With Richi up front we wouldn't have conceded the Saints first goal and the Tarkowski Everton equaliser. I have a hunch Porro doesn't lose the ball either if Kane is showing at the weekend. Kane's starting position was the other side of the centre circle when the ball is in our right back channel. There was no "out" ball and that is so typical of Kane nowadays.

I also think we would have been talking about missed chances without Kane playing though. Our top scorer would be on 12 goals, not 22. That side of the conversation is a given until Richi or Son start scoring freely without Kane around. That will always be a question mark.

Whether we would or maybe not have conceded those goals, with Rich up front, is a matter of conjecture. Rich or Son do not only have to match Kane's scoring, but also provide assists for others. Son is so desperate to score he chooses to shoot when a pass, if he looked, and played with his head up, is the better option.

Whether we would or maybe not have conceded those goals, with Rich up front, is a matter of conjecture. Rich or Son do not only have to match Kane's scoring, but also provide assists for others. Son is so desperate to score he chooses to shoot when a pass, if he looked, and played with his head up, is the better option.

Richi got a great assist on Saturday that Kane wouldn't have got. The simple reason is that he has the minerals to actually compete for a difficult header that he wasn't favourite to. The outcome was a Danjuma goal.

I will always push back on the Kane "assist" narrative though. It is just not supported with facts. Kane has started 31 league games and has a mere 2 assists this season. His assists dropped off 2 years ago, in Jose's last half a season. They never returned through Nuno or Conte's tenures.

What we rely on is Kulu's assists. He still has 6 in 19 starts, and he has 8 in 14 last season when he first joined.

If Kane starts to show for the ball and lets his lungs start hurting again, those assists might pick up again. Otherwise, he'll just continue to drop deep and play the ball wide to the wing-backs. That is table stakes for a player of his ability. The 3 best passes of the game were from Dier (2) and Lenglet.

Sonny definitely misses Kane's assists, but as you say, could play with his head up more, and feed his team mates.

Son is selfish end of! He holds on to the ball too long he defers passing when he should so invariably the move breaks down. He is looking to open up space for a shot and does not look for players in a better position. Whilst hge was superb last season he has gone significantly downhill. He should be dropped to maybe kick start getting his mojo back or move him on ...get .Gill back....and play him with Danjema and Richi asap.......if Kane is going then drop him and lets build for the future if Son continues his 10% contribution then drop him (and sell him) ....nothing will change up front until this happens.....then we can do similar in the middle and the back and the goalie ......lets get going....think of getting our team gelling this season as it is near as dammit over anyway! START NOW!

Son is selfish end of! He holds on to the ball too long he defers passing when he should so invariably the move breaks down. He is looking to open up space for a shot and does not look for players in a better position. Whilst hge was superb last season he has gone significantly downhill. He should be dropped to maybe kick start getting his mojo back or move him on ...get .Gill back....and play him with Danjema and Richi asap.......if Kane is going then drop him and lets build for the future if Son continues his 10% contribution then drop him (and sell him) ....nothing will change up front until this happens.....then we can do similar in the middle and the back and the goalie ......lets get going....think of getting our team gelling this season as it is near as dammit over anyway! START NOW!
With you there Greavsie cept for one thing, I think/believe we would/will see a far better Son without HK, I think something has gone amiss between these 2 for the last 2 seasons, maybe its HK not getting sold.

With you there Greavsie cept for one thing, I think/believe we would/will see a far better Son without HK, I think something has gone amiss between these 2 for the last 2 seasons, maybe its HK not getting sold.

Thing is, Son is 31 in July and I'm not sure I'm that motivated to build the system for him whether Kane stays or goes. We might appreciate him more when we see him as a squad player who is valuable off the bench. He may even fight his way back into the first eleven if that happened.