Samantha Gordon | Page 3 | Vital Football

Samantha Gordon

I'm no financial wizard, and not really sure of the period that these accounts are for. Am I correct in assuming they cover the period signed Carvalho, Grabban etc. Either way it def explains why the club have had to be so cautious this year, but probably been better spending nothing in Jan than bringing in the poor quality they seem to have done. IE Bong Diakaby reserve judgement on De Costa, but having said that for all the good he is doing may as well have kept that £2m in hand

The costs will likely be spread over the duration of their contract.

diakhaby and bong have been waste of money

de costa seems to have vanished

so we are trying to get promoted on the cheap....which on last nights 1st half and sabris continued selection of semedo/diakhaby will fail miserably

we need to play carvalho/bostock or our best 11 where possible

Diakhaby is a loan signing, and I somehow think we will be in no rush to make that one permanent.

Bong has played less than 90 minutes and you are writing him off?

Da Costa was injured during and Under 23 game; it is an abductor muscle injury; so no, he has not disappeared.

The side that Lamouchi picked last night should have been more than good enough to beat a very poor Boro side, so blaming the team selection is utter rubbish.

The reason we played so poorly last night was not down to Yates or Semedo or Diakhaby who have not played particularly well all season, it was because the players who have performed well this season did not do so last night.

Cash, Grabban, Worrall, Watson, Ribeiro, Figueredo and Lolley all had mares.

Sometimes when one or two of your key players have bad games you can get away with it; it is very rare you get away with it when they all play bad.

The determination was still there, the never say die attitude was still there, so it is not as if they did not care or was not trying; and the players acknowledged they played badly after the game, so no one was hiding from the fact.

You would expect this rubbish from the crowd who's only experience of sport is sat playing a computer game; press alt, control, delete and your problems go away.

But you, you're a sportsman, you actually play sport; you should know what its like when things do not go right, both individually and as a team.

Last edited:
Diakhaby is a loan signing, and I somehow think we will be in no rush to make that one permanent.

Da Costa was injured during and Under 23 game; it is an abductor muscle injury; so no, he has not disappeared.

The side that Lamouchi picked last night should have been more than good enough to beat a very poor Boro side, so blaming the team selection is utter rubbish.

The reason we played so poorly last night was not down to Yates or Semedo or Diakhaby who have not played particularly well all season, it was because the players who have performed well this season did not so so last night.

Cash, Grabban, Watson, Ribeiro, Figueredo and Lolley all had mares.

Sometimes when one or two of your key players have bad games you can get away with it; it is very rare you get away with it when they all play bad.

The determination was still there, the never say die attitude was still there, so it is not as if they did not care or was not trying; and the players acknowledged they played badly after the game, so no one was hiding from the fact.

You would expect this rubbish from the crowd who's only experience of sport is sat playing a computer game; press alt, control, delete and your problems go away.

But you, you're a sportsman, you actually play sport; you should know what its like when things do not go right, both individually and as a team.

The defence, which has been arguably our strongest feature all played poorly last night, but with 10 games to go - we're on 60 points, in 4th.

That's better than I was expecting pre-season!

The reason we played so poorly last night was not down to Yates or Semedo or Diakhaby who have not played particularly well all season, it was because the players who have performed well this season did not so so last night.

Cash, Grabban, Watson, Ribeiro, Figueredo and Lolley all had mares.

Worrall eloquently summed the performance up and showed there is a sense of collective responsibility amongst the squad that I found very encouraging.

The reason we played so poorly last night was not down to Yates or Semedo or Diakhaby who have not played particularly well all season, it was because the players who have performed well this season did not do so last night.

things dont always go your way, thats true

and had we been playing well and beaten you think ok...they were better

but to suggest that selection wasnt at fault is mental...semedo did bugger all which meant we lost the middle and boro had 3-4 in attack every time

and when diakhaby came on, he is quite literally the worst player i have seen, its like he won jimll fix it to play. his touch is appalling and he then wibble/wobbles at defenders who take it off him 9 out of 10 times. he is pacey.....touch round and run into space

had we started with carvalho and bostock we would have won...or at least made a fist of winning the centre of the pitch war

if sabri has last nights squad fit for friday and persists with his starting 11 and diakhaby as sub then he can stuff off as well

a man that played international football that cant see thats a problem is very worrying

38k per week, that is more than Manchester City are paying him; a hell of a lot more.

When he played in goal for City against Burton last season he was earning 3k per week; his new contract at the end of that season put him up to 10k per week.
£38k is the rumour. Given the wages they pay it is believable.

Would be delighted if we were not paying that. £10k a week is still far too much but at least more palatable

You're fine with most conspiracy theories but happy to give an alleged fascist drug dealer a free pass?

Key word being alledged. Think the drug dealing case has finished, must check up. The facist allegation comes.from him giving money to golden dawn but rich people have links to all the politicians on all sides in greece. Its fun to pretend our chairman is a gangster but that should not be confused with reality imo.

Spot on mao.

£38k is the rumour. Given the wages they pay it is believable.

Would be delighted if we were not paying that. £10k a week is still far too much but at least more palatable

I read an article relating to City's wages policy with regard to youth players coming through the system; I cant find the link but will keep looking.

The article stated that the wages paid out to the youngsters was, with the exception of Foden, surprisingly low; the Muric deal was one of which was quoted.

They have lost players like Sancho because they will not budge, and appear happy with that situation; they wanted to gear Sancho's wages to first team appearances but would not guarantee him any first team game time.

I read the 38k rumours, and the 40k we are allegedly paying Jenkinson; personally, I dont believe a word.

Key word being alledged. Think the drug dealing case has finished, must check up. The facist allegation comes.from him giving money to golden dawn but rich people have links to all the politicians on all sides in greece. Its fun to pretend our chairman is a gangster but that should not be confused with reality imo.

Its more fake news!

Marinakis is heavily linked with the New Democracy party in Greece, who are a centre right party.

The Facists are Golden Dawn; GD are not big fans of EM and have been instrumental in a lot of the mud slinging.

Bit unfair? He was a sports journalist based in greece as i remember and posted rumours he had come across. Like all rumours posted you either take it at face value or see it as bullshit

To be fair, Sniffers information has been largely on the money.

The guy on LTLF offers a different perspective to Sniffer and he is pretty accurate as well

To be fair, Sniffers information has been largely on the money.

The guy on LTLF offers a different perspective to Sniffer and he is pretty accurate as well

Now I have no love for a leave voter like Sniffer

But

The Clique went after him and a few notable others joined in

The usual smears:
He's mental
Will have a meltdown
Making shit up
Etc
Etc

They have been doing it for years
It's like they are at a mothers meeting gossiping