Sam Morsy | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sam Morsy

As mentioned Cooks future is probably intertwined with some of our players signing new deals. So any decision to change manager now would very possibly decrease the chances of Powell renewing his contract.

Something that the board I'm sure will be taking into account.

Surely if you knew anything about football you wouldn't need someone to tell you what he brings to the team!

Enlighten me please. I am fully qualified as a coach albeit I coach under 16's and I feel qualified enough to make judgement on a player. He offers nothing at all to this team, he is just not that good. I accept I am in a minority as today people singing his name after he.....committed a foul and then again when he....committed a foul

I invite you to watch him at the next game you attend and then make comment.

.............. I am fully qualified as a coach albeit I coach under 16's and I feel qualified enough to make judgement on a player. ...........

You see WAfansTV, it's a comment like this that make someone like me (and probably exiledtic) who has no coaching qualification whatsoever, often take a deep sigh when reading your posts (and those of others like you).

As football fans, we're all entitled to our opinion. We're all justified in saying what we feel about the Manager and players. We're all free to say what we might do different. However, in most instances, underneath, deep down, we normally accept that blokes who do it for a job, professionally, normally know a little more than we might profess to.

When Morsy (you'd expect "coaches" to get the players' names right) was selected to play for his country, I presume he wasn't particularly burdened by the condemnation of blokes with coaching qualifications.

Just my observation. I've no qualification to justify holding this opinion.

You see WAfansTV, it's a comment like this that make someone like me (and probably exiledtic) who has no coaching qualification whatsoever, often take a deep sigh when reading your posts (and those of others like you).

As football fans, we're all entitled to our opinion. We're all justified in saying what we feel about the Manager and players. We're all free to say what we might do different. However, in most instances, underneath, deep down, we normally accept that blokes who do it for a job, professionally, normally know a little more than we might profess to.

When Morsy (you'd expect "coaches" to get the players' names right) was selected to play for his country, I presume he wasn't particularly burdened by the condemnation of blokes with coaching qualifications.

Other than keep commenting on my English and my typing skills I do not understand what the point of your posts are. I don't think it takes anyones with any qualification to see that a player is not very good.

All you have to do is watch him and guess what, you will see that he is not very good. To keep coming back with a comment that I spelt his name wrong as an argument is very poor.

So when we look at the stats and see he passes sideways and backwards for an estimated 80% of the time, would you agree that this poor or would you think this is good.

We need to find common ground so I ask you a few things. Firstly, how many games have you watched Sam Morsey this season? I also ask you what you see in Sam Morsey as a good player and as the main driving force in this team. Once we establish this, we can debate but so far you have corrected my English twice and offered nothing by way of a response.

Now Moonay, lets see what you can come back with on this and let's open up a debate rather than pick out people poor use of the English language. The method in using this in a debate is usually done when someone has no counter argument.

I would also argue that a man who selects players every week that keep performing very poor and then makes 4 changes like he did yesterday whilst playing players out of position and continues to ignore better playing options whilst defaulting to hoof ball, does not know more than me.

I would also argue that a man that continually tells us that the players cannot put anymore effort in after a shambolic lazy and half hearted performance also knows less than me.

I would finally point out that signing a league 2 player on a long term contract thinking he will come good also knows less than me.

I give you that man - Paul Cook.

Other than keep commenting on my English and my typing skills I do not understand what the point of your posts are. I don't think it takes anyones with any qualification to see that a player is not very good.
I commented on you continually spelling the name of the Captain wrongly, and on a couple of sentences that were completely unintelligible. Don't you check things before you post, or are you just too excited to press the button?

All you have to do is watch him and guess what, you will see that he is not very good. To keep coming back with a comment that I spelt his name wrong as an argument is very poor.
Of course, all of this should have the caveat, "in my opinion". It clearly isn't the opinion of other well qualified, professional coaches...........who probably get his name right .........if only from a courtesy point of view.

So when we look at the stats and see he passes sideways and backwards for an estimated 80% of the time, would you agree that this poor or would you think this is good.
Haha. 80%? Show me these stats.He passes to his team-mates. If they're free in front of him, he passes to the. If they're free at the side or behind him, then so be it.

We need to find common ground so I ask you a few things. Firstly, how many games have you watched Sam Morsey this season? I also ask you what you see in Sam Morsey as a good player and as the main driving force in this team. Once we establish this, we can debate but so far you have corrected my English twice and offered nothing by way of a response.
Ah, the old "how many do you watch" question. Though you've only started posting recently (as WAfansTV) you claim to have been reading the forum for ages, ..... in which case, you'll be able to answer the first question. As for the 2nd, where have I claimed Morsy (why insist in mis-spelling his name?) to be a good player? I've merely been arguing against your assertion that he's a bad one.
Now Moonay, lets see what you can come back with on this and let's open up a debate rather than pick out people poor use of the English language. The method in using this in a debate is usually done when someone has no counter argument.
As I've already said elsewhere, I've answered some of your previous questions about both Morsey (sic) and Cook, yet you then tend to drift onto other irrelevant issues. Counter arguments seem irrelevant to you.

I would also argue that a man who selects players every week that keep performing very poor and then makes 4 changes like he did yesterday whilst playing players out of position and continues to ignore better playing options whilst defaulting to hoof ball, does not know more than me.
I always wanted to be more self-assured, more self-confident, more certain of my own abilities. Sometimes, I'm pleased that I'm not.

I would also argue that a man that continually tells us that the players cannot put anymore effort in after a shambolic lazy and half hearted performance also knows less than me.

I would finally point out that signing a league 2 player on a long term contract thinking he will come good also knows less than me.

I give you that man - Paul Cook.
He will eventually be judged by some of these decisions. He's stuck his neck out - rightly or wrongly - by making some of them, even if that means he greats called out by all the Amateur Pros in the stands.

By the way, I remember when Bill Shankly signed Kevin Keegan from Scunthorpe .I remember Liverpool fans thinking that the great man was starting to lose it. To continually argue that a player or a Manager is categorised against a certain league does you no favours. Then again, I'm sure you have no trouble in knowing that you're always right.

You just sent an entire post with our making any sort of counter argument other than I spell Morsy name wrong. Is that better?

The signs of someone who cannot defend is opinion is to pick facts with grammar.

So again we will try, can you please please please tell me what is inaccurate as so far you have sent numerous posts without giving me anything.

I take it that you do not attend games so how can you make judgement on a player you do not watch but I am interested to get something back from you. If you attended games you would see the football we watch so it would allow a more structured view.

With regards the forum, I recently started posting after reading the comments as I cannot understand how people like you think.

I will await at least one point to be challenged other than Cook is great as you English is bad. You have started to look foolish but going back through your posts this is regular isn't it Moonay.

You just sent an entire post with our making any sort of counter argument other than I spell Morsy name wrong. Is that better?
Counter arguments to the stuff like your made up stats? What's the point in that?

The signs of someone who cannot defend is opinion is to pick facts with grammar.
It's difficult when folk don't know the difference between spelling and grammar.

So again we will try, can you please please please tell me what is inaccurate as so far you have sent numerous posts without giving me anything.
You think Morsy is shit .......I don't. You made up stuff to support your position (80% sideways and backwards passes) ........I can't be arsed.

I take it that you do not attend games so how can you make judgement on a player you do not watch but I am interested to get something back from you. If you attended games you would see the football we watch so it would allow a more structured view.
You say you've read my posts, (and have actually gone back through them !!!) so you shouldn't need to ask this question.

With regards the forum, I recently started posting after reading the comments as I cannot understand how people like you think.
And yet you have a qualification !

I will await at least one point to be challenged other than Cook is great as you English is bad. You have started to look foolish but going back through your posts this is regular isn't it Moonay.
If you can point out where I've said "Cook is great", then I'll defend it.
If you think I look foolish, then so be it.
:shrug:

So we have yet another post with no answers, no counter argument and no real sense but yet again my spelling is brought into question.

So shall we go for one last effort, Moonay, can you counter anything what so ever or will you send another ring sided email of nonsense who not answering a question?

To be fair to moonay he couldn't spell Morsy correctly until I put him right .

My spelling is awful but if we believe the problems within the club are to do with my spelling of Sam Morsy then we really are in trouble. Cooks record of 1 in 11, 0 goals in 360 minutes is fine but we have a fan who cannot spell Morsy's name and this is why we are in this mess......Sorry guys, it was all my fault.

Come on lads, give it a rest now. This isn't going anywhere. Just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Happy to do this but this is a forum and all fans be they fans that attend games or fans that listen to the radio or just those that read sky sports results have a place to discuss football matters at their clubs and opinions will differ. This is what is great about football and the fact people feel strongly enough to debate it can only be good. Some like facts, some like fiction and others just like arguing.

At the end of the day we all share the same goal and that is for Wigan Athletic to be the best to can be and to carry on allowing me with friends and family to enjoy the highs and lows of following football team like this.

So we have yet another post with no answers, no counter argument and no real sense but yet again my spelling is brought into question.
No it wasn't. You're just making up more stuff.

So shall we go for one last effort, Moonay, can you counter anything what so ever or will you send another ring sided email of nonsense who not answering a question?
Counter what? I've already said that I disagree with your assertion that 80% of his passes are sideways and backwards. I think he takes the ball forwards. I think he's (overly?) combative in midfield. I think he's nowhere near as bad as you make out. Simple really.

Come on lads, give it a rest now. This isn't going anywhere. Just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Will, I take your point. I'm always more than happy to agree to disagree. After all, this forum is for sharing opinions.

However, occasionally, like on the Red Button thread) some folk try and force their "opinions" down the throats of others ..................... that just brings out my gag reflex.
;)

WAFTV, like Moonay I would be interested to see your evidence for the stats you quoted on Morsy's passing. I agree he does pass sideways or back to maintain possession but I would have thought that it would have been to a lesser degree, however I would defend his actions by saying that the players movement in front of him would dictate how often he can make a forward pass and currently that movement is limited.

Perhaps those stats should also be broken down in regards which forward players play ahead of him. I suspect if Powell and Jacobs play for example then the pass percentage forward will be greater than when windarse and Vaughan are ahead of him. A

WAFTV, like Moonay I would be interested to see your evidence for the stats you quoted on Morsy's passing. I agree he does pass sideways or back to maintain possession but I would have thought that it would have been to a lesser degree, however I would defend his actions by saying that the players movement in front of him would dictate how often he can make a forward pass and currently that movement is limited.

Good comment, I am working on getting confirmed stats as the ones to hand are not 100% reliable. Leave this with me though until after the next home game.

Your comment is accurate in that what is infant of him would determine if he could play a positive or negative pass. The movement is limited and on throw ins is non existent. Why is that? I Morsy getting the ball in the wrong areas or are the players playing a system that doesn't allow or is there another reason?