Saluting Harry Kane | Page 2 | Vital Football

Saluting Harry Kane

All IMO of course, but Harry is better than Bale and the best we've had since Klinsman.

Harry is already a Spurs Legend.

Bale and Harry are different types of players so I would not compare them...it would have been great to see them play together in the same spurs team now!

Big Chiv - 1/10/2017 21:25

All IMO of course, but Harry is better than Bale and the best we've had since Klinsman.

Harry is already a Spurs Legend.

I think Bale actually did his own personal development no favours; he finally became the targetman and started scoring freeing and then went to RM and was pushed back out to the right...

I suspect if he ever gets back into the targetman role he would be scoring for fun again.

Never rated Bale playing on the right. He was always at his most dangerous on the left. When teams sat deep that was his time to play more central. Show more of his technical skills.

Real Deal - 2/10/2017 12:47

Never rated Bale playing on the right. He was always at his most dangerous on the left. When teams sat deep that was his time to play more central. Show more of his technical skills.

Yes.

Bale was exciting as hell to watch play football. But you can't build a team around that.

80deg16minW - 2/10/2017 13:06

Real Deal - 2/10/2017 12:47

Yes.

Bale was exciting as hell to watch play football. But you can't build a team around that.

I don't think his injury record is too good of late. Out of the Wales squad due to calf strain I think.

The Kane train steams on. Another great finish. Looked easy but it wasn't. The commentators were crying out for a creative midfielder. He was in the squad. Winks

We need to change our wage structure now, increase his wages and hopefully Toby's.

Keeping them next season would be a massive success and would impact our recruitment and future success.

I would break the bank for Kane. He is worth it. I think we would consider doing so for him. But nobody else.

Real Deal - 6/10/2017 12:54

He is a real CF. I can see some massive bids coming in for him next summer. 200m level.

Kane will go for more. Hopefully we can:

1) Keep him for one more season.
2) Sign his replacement next summer before teams rip us off.
3)Fund half of the stadium.

Obviously I'd rather keep him, but if we dont start winning big the most we can hope for is one more season.

I think that he will resist the urge to earn huge wages for a year or two at least, as he is still young, has faith in the club and is confident that we are going to win things.

Bald Archie - 6/10/2017 13:28

I think that he will resist the urge to earn huge wages for a year or two at least, as he is still young, has faith in the club and is confident that we are going to win things.

Then why don't you?

Because I am older than him, and the naivety of youth has left me.

Let's be honest, all his life we haven't been much good but since he got into the first team squad we are in CL and contesting the title two years running ( a lot of ithat down to him). Can't blame him for thinking we are on the cusp, but I have seen us when we were really successful winning stuff, relegated, near bankrupt and also really shit in the PL. What I see now is we are owned by people only interested in making money out of the club, and he is understandably too callow at the moment to see that.

Unlike some, I don't see his head being turned for money until he is 25+.

Pollo - 6/10/2017 13:01

He is a real CF. I can see some massive bids coming in for him next summer. 200m level.

Obviously I'd rather keep him, but if we dont start winning big the most we can hope for is one more season.

You don't replace players like Kane IMO... We'll take a big hit in form if he leaves.

I think we're a better team than Liverpool when they lost Suarez but we'll still see a big drop in quality.

Its funny...poch seems to have his head screwed on when it comes to player strategy for the defense, buying player to enable the old school ornot fit for purpose players to move on e.g rose (january is my guess) and Walker and bringing in the more mobile Sanchez and moving on Wimmer etc....and in mmidfield where we have great players and prospects.

but he seems bereft of ideas when it comes to cover/evolution for the forward areas

I truly hope Kane is old school and loves the club like our legend Ledley...and stays with us for his whole career, and his head (or our chairman or his agent's is not turned by megabucks

freundorfoe - 6/10/2017 23:26

Pollo - 6/10/2017 13:01

You don't replace players like Kane IMO... We'll take a big hit in form if he leaves.

I think we're a better team than Liverpool when they lost Suarez but we'll still see a big drop in quality.

You have to try, unless you want us to have Wimmer/Llorente as our main strikers.

But I understand what you mean, it is near impossible to replace him in terms of quality on an individual basis, but we can use the funds to increase the quality of the starting 11 & overall squad (buying & increasing wages).

What I was getting at, is that could only be achieved if we buy before we sell (in order to avoid the premium of teams knowing we have the cash), and get another year from Kane (to help us attract better players + gain more money from inflation).

Obviously no fan would want to see him go, but I hope that we have a plan in place to deal with that possibility, as opposed to just being reactive.

Levy and Co are driven by money but so should all clubs be. They are not charities to entertain the fans. I would say that Levy has got a lot wrong in the managers he has chosen. It has taken too long to progress to this stage. We are moving in the right direction and winning something has to be the result if the progression continues.