Safe now, so what next? | Vital Football

Safe now, so what next?

RaggedTrouseredPhil

Vital Youth Team
Play some of the wonder kids we seem to have for the remaining fixtures, league integrity permitting?

Push on and continue our relatively mid table form and aim for the highest finish possible?

New contract offers for those worthy who will be out of contract?

Sweep out the deadwood?

Give Cook a warchest?

Sack him? (This is an opinions forum, even for reactionary idiots) ?

Up the safe tics! ?

sending Windass back north and signing someone who
gives a shit. and Mr billy big bollocks Powell sooner he goes
signing young hungry players in the summer
hey hang on heard that before.
on order zimmers for clarke,fox,roberts
BC

Enjoy the next few weeks, then give cook some money in the summer to bring some new players and get rid of some of the dead wood. I think we will benefit this summer when bringing in players from not having a pending take over happening like last summer. Then next season we must crack on and not be dragged into another relegation scrap. We can't be doing this every year like we did in prem, because like it did in prem, eventually it will catch up with us. So I think we need be aiming for a comfortable mid table spot next year. Which I think is more than achievable with a few new signings. I would like to see us go for quality over quantity in the transfer window and bring a few quality signings, instead of trying to overhaul the whole squad. Because I do feel we have already got the makings of a good side, one that could of done better this season. So we need to add to what we got instead of overhauling it.

How about a party in the park again like last season?
We could have it Bank holiday Monday day after the Millwall game.

First and foremost we need to fill a Reece James sized hole which will not be easy.
This lad has been the difference between staying up and relegation.
If we don't we will be weaker in what will def be a stronger league next season.
Over to you Mr Royal - the players signed "for now" have got us over the line. Look forward to welcoming the players "for the future" as promised...!
Personally would still pot Cook - game management again poor today from the "gaffer" - RHS being overrun 2nd half his first sub swap left mids - unbelievable Jeff

First and foremost we need to fill a Reece James sized hole which will not be easy.
This lad has been the difference between staying up and relegation.
If we don't we will be weaker in what will def be a stronger league next season.
Over to you Mr Royal - the players signed "for now" have got us over the line. Look forward to welcoming the players "for the future" as promised...!
Personally would still pot Cook - game management again poor today from the "gaffer" - RHS being overrun 2nd half his first sub swap left mids - unbelievable Jeff
Edit - second sub - had completely forgotten Nicks impact !

I'd say when Roberts came on our shape changed and went to 4 4 1 1.
It worked as we had our ole moment and dominated the rest of the game. Playing it at our pace.

Cooks game management worked well today..

Enjoy the next few weeks, then give cook some money in the summer to bring some new players and get rid of some of the dead wood. I think we will benefit this summer when bringing in players from not having a pending take over happening like last summer. Then next season we must crack on and not be dragged into another relegation scrap. We can't be doing this every year like we did in prem, because like it did in prem, eventually it will catch up with us. So I think we need be aiming for a comfortable mid table spot next year. Which I think is more than achievable with a few new signings. I would like to see us go for quality over quantity in the transfer window and bring a few quality signings, instead of trying to overhaul the whole squad. Because I do feel we have already got the makings of a good side, one that could of done better this season. So we need to add to what we got instead of overhauling it.

no cook will not make quality signings [windass 2.5 million]
needs overseeing to recruit young hungry players yawn
BC

For the last two games i would

Give some of those players out of contract who we have an eye on keeping the last two games to prove themselves worthy of a contract extension.

Put out a strong side at Birmingham in an attempt to reward many of the fans who have only seen 2 away wins all season with a third away win this season

Also put out a strong side against Millwall but integrity permitting put a few kids such as Golden, Maffeo and Gelhardt on the bench so we can have a look at them as second half subs if necessary.

That's 3 different requirements there ManLat89!
1. Out of contract
2. Strong
3. Prospects

I agree with the prospects, but I reckon the out of contracts should have been trying to prove 'emsels in training already. I don't really see the point in giving them game time if they haven't been able to earn it so far.

If we put weakened side out we would be fined , we need to try win the last 2 regardless , that could help in signing future players if we finish strong .
Sort contacts early , in out`s early and have a good pre season against good sides ..
Relieved now so enjoy the last 2 , i hope Millwall need something out the last game make it more enjoyable ..

IEC have a decision to make now on Cook - i suspect the next 2 performances will play into that.

Human nature means often the freshest thing in peoples minds disproportionately tilts opinion over what came before - so if we go back to sleep and or finishing on a high could tip the scales in either direction. If IEC haven't already made up their mind.

We've only won 6 games in 35, most of that run the performances and approach have been painful as relieved and pleased we are at the last week it doesn't make that vanish from consideration. Thanks to the 2 and a win Easter Cook has now has now just edged ahead of the universally panned Joyce in win ratio - throw into the mix finishing on 2 bad performances and results in the final 2 and we drop to 4th bottom i think it's very justifiable pulling the trigger. But on the flip side if he puts on another 2 good performances and results and we smash the away hoodoo with back to back away wins, and finish the season with 4 wins as high as 16th in the table 14 points clear of relegation then it completely transforms perception.

I think it could all still to play for for Cook. If i was him I'd be going all out in the final two to prove it's a real turn around and not just 1 good week. It's a important decision with big implications for IEC they will most likely want to take into account what happens in the following 2 rather than make a decision now on emotion.