Saddlers v GILLS team is in | Page 3 | Vital Football

Saddlers v GILLS team is in

Waldo - I don't always think the stats tell the true story- I think we were second best in too many departments as some of the other posters alluded to. Some of those shots were quite poor efforts. I honestly didn't think we deserved to win the game. This was a completely different performance from our opening two games. That being said it was end to end and entertaining.

Had Eaves put that early header the right side of the post it could've been an entirely different story

... but he didn't and when we go 1 nil up or 2 nil up away from home we will beat anyone. Yesterday that didn't happen and we chased the game after going 1-0 down

Maybe Captain but I think it stacks up have a look at the away form towards the end of last season we didn't lose too many when we went ahead

One thing that does seem to have been forgotten in yesterdays loss
was we were bloody entertaining again. It was an end to end game a neutral friend of mine came along and thought it was a great game to watch.

Kettners, the point of a football match is to play well enough to get in a position to score. If you do that, you put yourself in a position to win any game. The stats proved we put ourselves in that position. Your point that our shots weren't very good only serves to emphasise my point that the performance was ok but our finishing wasn't. I'm only agreeing with Steve Lovell who had it down as an OK performance.

Maybe Captain but I think it stacks up have a look at the away form towards the end of last season we didn't lose too many when we went ahead

You said will not did.

What happened last season has no bearing on what will happen this season.

Saying we will beat anyone if we go 1 or 2 up is very bold, unless you have a Crystal ball.

sweet Jesus... you really are on the spectrum aren't you captain Blue ?
Of course last season and the way we played has a bearing on this year. We've only had few additions, the core of the squad is the same and Lovell wants to play a fast attacking game which didn't always come off last season. After all it was only a few months ago !
Lovell wants to take it up a gear or two from last year.
Nibbles was correct we did win nearly every single game we took the lead.
Waldo you had to be there to see we were second best for most of the game. We honestly never looked like winning it

Your statement of we WILL beat anyone if we got 1 or 2 up has no substance. Last season has no bearing whatsoever on what happens this season, regardless of our squad. yes we can WANT to play fast attacking football, but it doesn't mean we will, or win games by doing it. Are you saying SL didn't want to play fast attacking football yesterday?

If only it were that simple.

One thing that does seem to have been forgotten in yesterdays loss
was we were bloody entertaining again. It was an end to end game a neutral friend of mine came along and thought it was a great game to watch.
I beg to differ. Until the last 5 minutes i thought it was pretty poor game to watch. Despite some good posession in parts, and some nice passing occasionally, we created very few good chances. We didn't look very threatening imo. In fact i thought it was quite a poor/boring game and was a bit gutted id bothered to rush around like a mad thing to drive up 3 hours each way with my two young sons one of which i had to convince to come with us, and we turned up late anyway due to traffic (and the ticket office being very busy). All in all a pretty miserable day out i have to say. Not one of my better choices.

Ah yes, the ticket office. I forgot to mention that.

I wanted to buy two tickets and had the cash to do so. First of all they wanted my name?! I asked why and she said she couldn't sell me a ticket without a name. I thought this strange and asked if I needed to produce any ID. Apparently I didn't so I just gave her a random surname.

Next she asked for a postcode?! I told her I didn't have one and again she told me I had to have one or else I couldn't buy a ticket. WTF?! So I gave her a postcode for a library. She typed it in and then said, "but that's a library". I told her I knew that and that I;d already told her I don't have a postcode. She then said, it has to be a house! I was flabbergasted and told her I don't live in a house. "Oh, it can be a flat or a bungalow" she retorted. "But I live in a caravan". Then she asked me for a postcode for the caravan! I told her that the caravan moves and so there is no postcode. Again she told me that I wouldn't be able to buy any tickets.

In the end I just couldn't be bothered and gave her a postcode. It wasn't mine,had nothing to do with me, it was just one that I happen to know.

Two questions. 1) Why do they need a postcode anyway?
2) If they can justify needing a postcode (I can't imagine how they could)what is the fcking point if you can just tell them any postcode with no checks?

I'm noticing this more and more. People wanting a postcode. Why this discrimination against homeless people? The only way to fight it is for people to make a fuss about giving postcodes for no apparent reason. Probably most of you don't see the harm in it but I think it is a rather concerning trend.

I assume you are talking about Wallsall and the ticket office. Why didn`t you just pay cash at the turnstile Buddha ? That`s what I did.

When I phoned them earlier in the week they told me to go to ticket office.

Didn't know you couldpay on the turnstile.

When I phoned them earlier in the week they told me to go to ticket office.

Didn't know you couldpay on the turnstile.

Pay cash, avoid excessive intrusion. I volunteered to the bloke at the turnstile that my name was Maureen. He didn`t bat an eyelid and wasn`t bothered where I live !

Pay cash, avoid excessive intrusion. I volunteered to the bloke at the turnstile that my name was Maureen. He didn`t bat an eyelid and wasn`t bothered where I live !

Yep cash on the turnstile is the best option if possible.

I was planning to pay cash on the turnstile and found out when i stopped for lunch on the way up that my mrs had taken my bank card from my wallet and not put it back so i had no way of getting cash and had to pay by credit card. Plus i was actually told I couldnt get a family ticket by cash anyway.

We turned up at 2.50 due to 50 mins of traffic delays. Got in the stadium 10 seconds before they scored their first at about 10-15 past 3. It didn't get much better after that.

Buddha the name and address thing im sure will be purely an IT system thing. By the looks of it to make a sale on the system youll need to set up a customer to sell it to. Itll be a way to capture people's details so they have a record of their customer base and can either advertise future games or use the data for some kind of analysis etc. Makes sense in principe, but silly that they don't have workarounds for special cases.

It's quite poor that there's no work around here for away fans for example where there's absolutely no point in them adding us to the database. This is probably the main reason it took 20 minutes to queue up if they had to do this to everyone.