Rumours, Rumours, Rumours Again | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rumours, Rumours, Rumours Again

Had a chuckle at this typo in a piece about our prospects on Football League World;
Certainly set to have one of, if not the lowest budget in the second tier next season, the Millers will be hoping to learn a few tricks from the likes of Coventry City, Huddersfield Town and Luton Town, who all defied expectations when taking fiancé’s into account.

Saw a piece on Football World suggesting we should make a move for Jeremie Bela. His contract is up at Birmingham. It seems from what their fans say that he was an excellent signing and that when played in his preferred role as a left winger was extremely effective. However, Bowyer started to play him as a defensive left wing-back and one fan stated "Bowyer ruined him." He's 29 with lots of Championship experience, a freebie and might be a good replacement for Osei -Tutu?

According to TalkSport Radio, the Derby County takeover deal has run into problems, including those relating to paying players wages. That may stop the Rams bidding for Millers players (or put players off from going there)

08/06/22

... and talking of not paying players wages on time....
BBC Radio Sheffield now saying that the Owls are trying to sign Vaulks. Not that they are obsessed by Millers players, ex-players, etc... definitely not! :p

09/06/22

Another new thread about Freddie Ladapo on "Owlstalk" - this time saying that they are glad that they DIDN'T sign him :p
Not that they are fickle or anything....
Also one of the posts said that Vaulks has signed for Huddersfield Town, but HTFC can't announce it officially yet.

Last edited:
10/06/22

TalkSport Radio - Derby County takeover bid has collapsed. Prospective new owner has not come up with the money required. This has a knock-on effect re possible transfers involving the Rams

11/06/22

TalkSport Radio - Derby County currently only have five players who are under contract to start the new season , and won't be able to pay the June wage bill for players using club funds.

Last edited:
We are supposed to be interested in Alex Cochrane, 22 yo left back from Brighton who played on loan at Hearts last season. Luton and QPR also interested. It seems at least that the club recognise the need for a left-sided defender.
Tom Barkhuizen and Cole Stockton also persist in rumours.

We definitely need some left -footed defenders

-------------------------------------------------------
12/06/22

TalkSport Radio reported that the EFL have told Derby County that if the Rams haven't sorted out their financial problems by L1 "Fixtures release" day, they will be expelled from the Football league.

Last edited:
12/06/22

Owlstalk just started a new thread... on signing David Stockdale. Their fans don't seem to realise that they ARE allowed to sign players who haven't played for the Millers! :p
They obviously hold us in very high regard...

12/06/22

Owlstalk just started a new thread... on signing David Stockdale. Their fans don't seem to realise that they ARE allowed to sign players who haven't played for the Millers! :p
They obviously hold us in very high regard...

:ROFLMAO:

Mind you, when Steve Evans was in charge we probably had enough players coming through for every club in the league to sign two or three!

Looks pretty certain we are about to lose both Smudge and Icky. I always thought it was very likely they would go.

Yes, the longer they don't put pen to paper for us the more likely I also feel that they won't be here next season.

As they say in Westerns, "It's quiet. Yeah too darned quiet!" For several days I have scoured the usual outlets and either they are on holiday or they can't even be bothered to make something up. Even the Barkhuizen, Eaves and Stockton posts have stopped and our supposed interest in Cochrane hasn't been mentioned for a few days. If we're looking at seven or eight in surely we'll want at least some to go to Croatia?

Rumours about the fitness of Ferguson and Washington don't sound good. Nothing official though.
If there are fitness or injury problems with Conor Washington then heads should roll at recruitment as we gave him a two year deal only a couple of weeks ago.
On a different note we are apparently after Richie Smallwood. I hope not. He turned down an extension with us once and he's now 31.
I know I have a tendency to grumpiness but I am not really happy so far with our approach to recruitment for the Championship. Obviously it's early days but I have the impression of us repeating past mistakes, signing crocks, journeymen and the like.