Royal Family | Page 85 | Vital Football

Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
stopped reading there because thats exactly what they asked for

Stoo reading there: shows your prejudice already. You don’t even want to learn the facts. Like the clip you took as literal without the context its exactely the same again.

This is why people are so ignorant of truth because they don't want to see there pet theory demolished.

Chances are you read it all anyway. Decided you didn't like what I said as you read the statement and put something you thought was clever 🙄🙄🙄

Whatever

i'm sure the charity is being looked into closely now, let's hope her and her family having been creaming a living off it rather than supporting good causes.

I seriously think your just trolling at times Sil. That makes no sense whatsoever

One thing I am shocked with though, when there is a royal parade. The horseman ship and quality of the actual riding is pretty poor.

The horses are absolutely creme de la creme though.

First time I heard 'God Save The King' sung, was at Villa.

I was having a wee.

I felt it appropriate.

I did stand (wobble to be fair) for the silence for the passing of the Queen. Not for any other reason than I'd pay my respects to pretty much anyone of that age, that meant something to so many.

I swear a few of the England team sung "Queen" last night, for the first line.

My problem with our National Anthem is that I very much believe there is no God, so how could he save our King? With less than 50% of the population now being Christian, is it time for a change?

I'm still a fan of Billy Connelly's idea.

Last edited:
If you aren't fighting racism, then you are complicit. I have made this very clear many times before.
This to me is a dog whistle sort of comment that I see bandied around a lot but it strikes me that it’s divorced from reality.

Normal people who are simply getting on with their lives, going to work, providing for their family and spending whatever limited time they have left with the family or their hobbies, in so doing causing no harm to others, are not complicit with racism because they are not out there actively “fighting it” and fulfilling your standards of whatever this means.

This is an unrealistic standard and this sort of rhetoric is highly devisive.

My problem with out National Anthem is that I very much believe there is no God, so how could he save our King? With less than 50% of the population now being Christian, is it time for a change?

No idea what the Billy Connelly things is ! but i agree r.e the anthem. Never really thought about it until it was raised on the forum. It’s not appropriate for England alone and compared to others it really sums up our nation at the moment… durh, drivel ,timid and embarrassed and scared to show national pride. It should be the UK anthem for UK events but when England alone it’s not appropriate. I mean Charles is the King of the UK yet when we play Scotland at sport , we play God Save the King , they play Flower of Scotland. Eh?.

Won‘t happen though will it ( change).

This to me is a dog whistle sort of comment that I see bandied around a lot but it strikes me that it’s divorced from reality.

Normal people who are simply getting on with their lives, going to work, providing for their family and spending whatever limited time they have left with the family or their hobbies, in so doing causing no harm to others, are not complicit with racism because they are not out there actively “fighting it” and fulfilling your standards of whatever this means.

Indeed , it's a bit like England taking the knee , if they stop are they then deemed as racists.
Very very messed up

As with other things we now consider a pariah, this is the only thing that has worked. We made drink driving unacceptable, so now it is frowned upon. we made sexual harassment unacceptable, so now it it frowned upon.

If we truly want change, then we can't rely on politicians to do it. It has to start from the ground up.

I am truly shocked that most of the conversation here is about how racism can't be called out, rather than focusing on the story, which is that someone born in London was racially abused. I had hoped for a little more support here, looking for ideas on how we change.

No idea what the Billy Connelly things is ! but i agree r.e the anthem. Never really thought about it until it was raised on the forum. It’s not appropriate for England alone and compared to others it really sums up our nation at the moment… durh, drivel ,timid and embarrassed and scared to show national pride. It should be the UK anthem for UK events but when England alone it’s not appropriate. I mean Charles is the King of the UK yet when we play Scotland at sport , we play God Save the King , they play Flower of Scotland. Eh?.

Won‘t happen though will it ( change).

Billy suggested the theme tune from the Archers, exactly as we would sing it now. No words, just "Tum tee tum tee tum" etc, etc.

It's worth looking up on YouTube if you've never seen it.

As with other things we now consider a pariah, this is the only thing that has worked. We made drink driving unacceptable, so now it is frowned upon. we made sexual harassment unacceptable, so now it it frowned upon.

If we truly want change, then we can't rely on politicians to do it. It has to start from the ground up.

I am truly shocked that most of the conversation here is about how racism can't be called out, rather than focusing on the story, which is that someone born in London was racially abused. I had hoped for a little more support here, looking for ideas on how we change.
There's no good reason to vilify normal people leading normal lives who cause no harm to others, it's a divide and conquer position that will never gain wide spread support.

I will continue to be nice to everyone who is nice to me.
If I witness bullying of any kind I will actively step in. Like I always have done.

But I won't conform to this absolute bullshit that calling out bullshit or disagreeing with someone of different skin colour is racist.

It's absolute bullshit of the highest level.

If a white man was to break into someones home with a gang and hold a gun to a pregnant woman's stomach EVERYONE on here would call him scum of the highest order and wouldn't bat an eyelid if he were to die. By hook or by crook.

Different if the skin colour changes. Racist!

An interesting take on the Harry/Meghan show in today’s Sunday Times. A column written by Camilla Long. Sub-titled,” Harry’s barbaric treatment as a grieving child damaged him-Meghan is making it worse.”
Worth a read for some attempt at context.

My problem with our National Anthem is that I very much believe there is no God, so how could he save our King? With less than 50% of the population now being Christian, is it time for a change?

Whatever you choose God to be! Where as I have a type of Christian faith (it is most certainly not mainstream, rubbish) I don't want to sing "God save the King/Queen" or anyone for that matter.

On that point whatever the word is or isn't to you, no one lives forever, so no one lives forever.

I don't go with any of the words of the national anthem and don't sing it. Therefore I wish that they would change it. It won't happen though unfortunately

An interesting take on the Harry/Meghan show in today’s Sunday Times. A column written by Camilla Long. Sub-titled,” Harry’s barbaric treatment as a grieving child damaged him-Meghan is making it worse.”
Worth a read for some attempt at context.

H barbaric treatment as a child yes! M making it worse no. M is not submissive which is what people/media seem to want the monarchy women to be.

i'll see if I can read the article later and will unless it's behind a paywall. Those arr my brief thoughts going on what you have written.

I will continue to be nice to everyone who is nice to me.
If I witness bullying of any kind I will actively step in. Like I always have done.

But I won't conform to this absolute bullshit that calling out bullshit or disagreeing with someone of different skin colour is racist.

It's absolute bullshit of the highest level.

If a white man was to break into someones home with a gang and hold a gun to a pregnant woman's stomach EVERYONE on here would call him scum of the highest order and wouldn't bat an eyelid if he were to die. By hook or by crook.

Different if the skin colour changes. Racist!

well said , because people who dont agree with other people, are not racists, its called democracy, we live in a multicoloured society ,and in times like this ,,we pull together ,,,seanie

Status
Not open for further replies.