Royal Family | Page 21 | Vital Football

Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the “funny“ mocked up pictures I’ve seen circularised on WhatsApp have really bothered me. I get that this issue has polarised opinion and put backs up but some of this stuff could have come straight from the pages of a 1936 edition of Der Sturmer. I just wonder at the agenda of the people who so expertly create them.

Kef - you’ll have to share these psychologist interviews, the first one I Google and the professional is questioning and saying all the things a lot of us were saying or pointing out some of the anomalies from the interview.

It’s one of those things, where we’re all going to like the articles and analysis that suit our agenda but the key points from this guy are very fair and rounded in my opinion.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/whats-...as-not-said-could-be-most-significant-3161723

I have read that article and was surprised. I didn't see what you did. I didn't see him calling either of them liars as I expected to read.

Quote// Speaking to the News Letter yesterday he said he would not have been surprised that Meghan was feeling suicidal due to the ‘culture shock’ of joining the royal family//End Quote//

He there is saying it doesn't surprise him she was suicidal.

He goes onto say he think it's all very perplexing because they don't know who the people are who have said or done these things.

There is no way they were going to name them because of the problems it would cause. He also says that the royals can't stop the staff being racist which I find bizarre. If the royals took any of it seriously surely an employee can be reprimanded.

I would be surprised to find anyone who wouldn't think the Palace aids wouldn't be as they have always been stuffed shirts and in another world.

The "racist" remark around Archie could be taken one of two ways yes! However as it was said to Harry not Megan it's Harry taking it that way to tell Megan.

It was a quite stupid remark of whomever said it. We also know it is true as the Queen acknowledged it in "various recollections" will differ.

White privilege does not get how a person could perceive something like that to be racist, if it wasn't meant that way, however I get why from my own story.

As for her family I think her father and half sister have said quite enough already. We all know how vile the half sister is about her and what her father did as well before they got married.

The only reason I can think this celebrity psychologist didn't know about her family was he is based in Ireland and may not have seen what happened with her father and half sister when they got married

Her half sister was barely in her life and changed her name back to Markle when Megan got with Harry. She is married too so it says alot about her intent

Whilst subtle racism by the British media was happening it upped a gear when Megan two family members spoke out.

Her Mom doesn't talk to the media so that's why she wouldn't have been involved. She has always kept a quiet dignity.

Last edited:
Just had a look at Popbitch to see what they make of the Meg/Morgan situation but they didn't really say much apart from Piers was looking at taking a job with GB News and the walk off was premeditated.

I still think Piers caught the feels for Meg and then she ditched him when she found someone with higher status.

Some of the “funny“ mocked up pictures I’ve seen circularised on WhatsApp have really bothered me. I get that this issue has polarised opinion and put backs up but some of this stuff could have come straight from the pages of a 1936 edition of Der Sturmer. I just wonder at the agenda of the people who so expertly create them.

What sort of things have you seen?

There are definitely people out there who are paid to create memes. Their pay masters have very specific political intentions.

What sort of things have you seen?

There are definitely people out there who are paid to create memes. Their pay masters have very specific political intentions.
When I say”funny” I mean mocked up pictures which are supposedly jokes but which are offensively and openly racist. Caricatures of members of the Royal Family in situations where the racist intent could not be clearer. I have no problem with mocked up pictures that are genuinely funny, witty or make a valid comment but some of the stuff circulating is well out of order in civilised society.

When I say”funny” I mean mocked up pictures which are supposedly jokes but which are offensively and openly racist. Caricatures of members of the Royal Family in situations where the racist intent could not be clearer. I have no problem with mocked up pictures that are genuinely funny, witty or make a valid comment but some of the stuff circulating is well out of order in civilised society.

It's an aspect of the internet that we haven't learned to deal with yet. We got used to having printed media and learned to regulate it. Now-a-days, anyone can make a slanderous meme and send it around the globe in an instant.

There are a lot of bad actors out there paying people to spread this stuff around the internet. Anyone who feels their country would benefit from the destabilisation of Britain is paying for these memes. Hi Vladimir!

Charlie Hebdo has the Queen kneeling on Meg's neck on their cover. Fair play to them. They go full gun.

I don’t know much about Charlie hebdo or their sense of humour except it has ended badly for them before, but to me it looked distasteful. Was it trying to imply Meghan was trying to be a victim on a Floyd level? Or that her case is as serious as the floyd death, which it isn’t. I didn’t get the message or point, because there are a few ways to interpret that.

The caption apparently reads “Why I left Buckingham palace? Because I couldn’t breathe”.

I don’t know much about Charlie hebdo or their sense of humour except it has ended badly for them before, but to me it looked distasteful. Was it trying to imply Meghan was trying to be a victim on a Floyd level? Or that her case is as serious as the floyd death, which it isn’t. I didn’t get the message or point, because there are a few ways to interpret that.

The caption apparently reads “Why I left Buckingham palace? Because I couldn’t breathe”.

I haven't ever read it. My French is terrible. By all accounts, it's a terrible magazine designed more to cause offense than to be funny.

Just had a look at Popbitch to see what they make of the Meg/Morgan situation but they didn't really say much apart from Piers was looking at taking a job with GB News and the walk off was premeditated.

I still think Piers caught the feels for Meg and then she ditched him when she found someone with higher status.

He is blinking married and was then too so had no right to anything anyway. You would think he would want to keep it quiet. Bizarre! I wonder what his wife thinks

A Gofundme page set up to raise the money to pay Harry & Meghans £11 million mortgage has been close after it raised just £78.64. :rofl: Continue the story in the Daily Mail.

Rumours that Meghan is thinking of running for president if Joe Biden doesn't run again he'll be 86 by then.
I don't think she would want that if she wants to get away from the press and the stress

In a response to Dan in another topic I thought I would Copy and Paste what I said in response to Dan who had agreed that Kate being at the vigil laying flowers yesterday had been treated very differently to what Megan would have been

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

I'm not a big fan of Megan's. I have never known what to make her. I don't dislike her. I don't love her or consider myself a Megan fan.

She just a person who has come into the R.F. I think things have gone today as they have, that even if you think someone is wrong if you previously said you like the person you have to stick up for them. There doesn't seem to be the thing of someone being imperfectly human anymore in the public sector of life

I do love Harry though. If he's happy with her then that's fine by me not that my opinion will ever reach him nor matter. LOL

I do think there is a "how dare you criticise my country or anyone in it" here going on with Megan which is part of the general dislike towards her

I'm not bringing any other cards into this as I think the she is American has alot to do with it so is an easier target.

It also dates back in minds to Wallis Simpson and Edward the 8th abdication as she was American. I think there is some distrust of Americans by sections of the British as we are very opposite characters to them

I also think her father and half sister behaviour means the anger towards them critiquing how things are done here etc as focused the dislike to Megan. I think alot to do with this is Megan American who do life very different to us. .

Most people can't even say why they don't like her I have found. There is no clarity when asked why

The complexities are hard to grasp. As Fergie was treated badly all those years ago too who is British.

I think cos Kate is all that is seen as good, British, OK a commoner however with the right background who does everything right we don't see her to be told off

The worse Kate ever got was "Waity Katie" title and a couple of days of her uncle who was charged with some criminal offence being in the papers yonks ago

She is the pinnacle of Britishness and though the institution would have preferred Royal blood they were prepared to overlook that as she fitted perfectly

ie the one with the Queen and Phil with a colour chart when introduced to the kid for the first time. I think JF has posted a couple of the 'less offensive, more humourous' ones on here somewhere for anyone that hasn't seen them.

This has been my problem with Hebdo all along...hiding behind free speech whilst ignoring their responsibility for socially correct free speech to inform, challenge and educate, just so they can be inflammatory and legally discriminate in the search of cash makes them hypocrites of the highest order.

ie the one with the Queen and Phil with a colour chart when introduced to the kid for the first time. I think JF has posted a couple of the 'less offensive, more humourous' ones on here somewhere for anyone that hasn't seen them.

yes, did the bird dropping one, that was just funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.