Royal Antwerp F.C. vs Tottenham Hotspur - Match Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Royal Antwerp F.C. vs Tottenham Hotspur - Match Thread

Result?

• Win

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just a few minor points while we wait for this evening's game Gary....

Of course there's a long way to go and many hurdles to clear before we start dreaming. With another transfer window due, evolving players and tactics, momentum, other teams' performances, lady luck, etc. Plenty can change.

What we have going for us is a rarity of having depth, a coach that knows all about lifting trophies. The likes of RM and Barca and several of our domestic contingents are experiencing injuries that only we were synonymous with.

The 'on the day' performance may just be what is needed to get us over the line as I wonder whether another man in the dugout would've got us lifting the CL trophy 2 years ago? ...and that journey was based on two extraordinary results against all odds!

So, let's build a bit of a head of steam that puts psychological fear in to the opposition and use the Jose/depth factor to see how far we can go.

BTW, I note the media and pundits are beginning to side with us on the potential of lifting a trophy!
On your last point CS I much prefer it when we sail under the radar. But maybe Jose can change our mentality of dealing with the pressure when it's greatest.

I believe that when we get to the later stages of the cup competitions is where we'll see the value of GB, he's a big match player IMO.
As I've said before I don't believe we'll get more than 30 starts out of Bale, Jose needs to manage him to ensure that he's fit for the games that really matters.
We have some big games in November and that's when I expect to see Bales worth, the next couple of weeks should be geared towards getting him ready for those IMO.

Just a few minor points while we wait for this evening's game Gary....

Of course there's a long way to go and many hurdles to clear before we start dreaming. With another transfer window due, evolving players and tactics, momentum, other teams' performances, lady luck, etc. Plenty can change.

What we have going for us is a rarity of having depth, a coach that knows all about lifting trophies. The likes of RM and Barca and several of our domestic contingents are experiencing injuries that only we were synonymous with.

The 'on the day' performance may just be what is needed to get us over the line as I wonder whether another man in the dugout would've got us lifting the CL trophy 2 years ago? ...and that journey was based on two extraordinary results against all odds!

So, let's build a bit of a head of steam that puts psychological fear in to the opposition and use the Jose/depth factor to see how far we can go.

BTW, I note the media and pundits are beginning to side with us on the potential of lifting a trophy!

What stopped us lifting the CL trophy were two players on the pitch continuing their pattern of under performing. The game was there to be grasped, if either of them stepped up and took ownership, neither did. One is gone and the other demoted to a has been. It's good to see the club bringing in new players with winning mentalities & leadership.

I hope Antwerp are shite cos that's far from our best team. Sanchez Mr Cock Up, Davies Mr new position , Aurier Mr Penalty, Winks Mr ordinary, Dele Mr I dont give a shit, Bale Mr 30 minutes, Bergwijn Mr lost his mojo and Vinicius Mr unknown.

I hope Antwerp are shite cos that's far from our best team. Sanchez Mr Cock Up, Davies Mr new position , Aurier Mr Penalty, Winks Mr ordinary, Dele Mr I dont give a shit, Bale Mr 30 minutes, Bergwijn Mr lost his mojo and Vinicius Mr unknown.
Good job Monsieur Lloris, Senor Reguilon and Senor Lo Celso are acceptable and will surely carry us through!

Only Lloris (surprisingly) and Davies from Monday's starting line up. Ben's got his critics but Jose clearly isn't one of them. I think that we will increasingly see him as a CB, whatever his faults going forward, he is a decent defender. Whether he can successfully baby sit Sanchez two Thursdays running, remains to be seen.

I'd say this is a more attacking side (on paper Lol!) than what we put out v Burnley.

Personally, I'd have preferred Hart for his beastly presence and vocal management.

I'd say this is a more attacking side (on paper Lol!) than what we put out v Burnley.

Personally, I'd have preferred Hart for his beastly presence and vocal management.
It is, five attackers plus two wing backs. Again an indication of Jose's confidence in Ben Davies, defensive qualities around him are in short supply, we need Aurier to have one of his better nights.