Rowett splashes the cash | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rowett splashes the cash

It's funny how when Forest appoint a manager the Derby searchlight gets turned on to them. I bet Karanka never entered your mind in his previous managerial capacity.
Maybe it has something to do with us being 15 miles apart and bitter rivals...................I could be wrong but you never know we may just take more notice of a manager of a rival down the road rather than when the same bloke was 130 odd miles away :fish:

Perhaps you're right. I suppose if you had a good team and manager people might take notice of your views and create a barrier to our recruitment..:utv:

Basie, two decent players, however, I have grave doubts that they will flourish in the SBC. Teams tend to put pressure on the ball when not in possession (Derby didn't last season, we backed off and that is one of the reasons we didn't go up IMO). That doesn't happen in Portugal. The Portuguese League doesn't have teams like L**ds, Ipswich, Millwall etc who kick everything that moves to slow it down and everything that doesn't move to make sure it stays that way.

I also doubt that they have the resilience to handle a 46 game season plus however many Cup ties you play. They aren't used to Saturday, Tuesday/Wednesday, Saturday games. Add in the physicality of the SBC and you can see the reasoning behind my doubts.

It would be nice to see you finish 2nd, 1 place behind us, so that we can meet next season in the PL and continue the rivalry there. Will it happen? Far to early to guess but I doubt that the East Midlands will dominate the top 2 places this season. In fact, until we have done some buying, selling, borrowing and lending I won't even try to forecast where I think we might finish this coming season.

It's funny how when Forest appoint a manager the Derby searchlight gets turned on to them. I bet Karanka never entered your mind in his previous managerial capacity.

Think you’re confused Basie...this is a DCFC site...and the thread is about out previous manager spending money at Stoke.
I know they have the Trent in common but no one else on here cares about or had even mentioned Karanka or Forest prior to your scarf waving antics.
If you don’t want us to comment don’t bring it to our attention. Understand you acting like a kid waiting for Christmas but we’re all far more interested in our own club and our own new manager’s dealings.

Last edited:
Basie, two decent players, however, I have grave doubts that they will flourish in the SBC. Teams tend to put pressure on the ball when not in possession (Derby didn't last season, we backed off and that is one of the reasons we didn't go up IMO). That doesn't happen in Portugal. The Portuguese League doesn't have teams like L**ds, Ipswich, Millwall etc who kick everything that moves to slow it down and everything that doesn't move to make sure it stays that way.

I also doubt that they have the resilience to handle a 46 game season plus however many Cup ties you play. They aren't used to Saturday, Tuesday/Wednesday, Saturday games. Add in the physicality of the SBC and you can see the reasoning behind my doubts.

It would be nice to see you finish 2nd, 1 place behind us, so that we can meet next season in the PL and continue the rivalry there. Will it happen? Far to early to guess but I doubt that the East Midlands will dominate the top 2 places this season. In fact, until we have done some buying, selling, borrowing and lending I won't even try to forecast where I think we might finish this coming season.

Two other Portuguese do or did. Figueiredo currently and Oliviera not so long ago who scored a great goal against Derby. Dambuster teams (who gradually weaken your side before breaking a leg with a third tackle) are not going get you promoted to the Premiership. An intelligent manager has a varied squad at his call and will occasionally protect his star players from the Thugs and play just as in Ice Hockey a minder who is perfectly capable of looking after himself and his team mates.

Think you’re confused Basie...this is a DCFC site...and the thread is about out previous manager spending money at Stoke.
I know they have the Trent in common but no one else on here cares about or had even mentioned Karanka or Forest prior to your scarf waving antics.
If you don’t want us to comment don’t bring it to our attention. Understand you acting like a kid waiting for Christmas but we’re all far more interested in our own club and our own new manager’s dealings.

Ah ramAnag the prickly one, a thirteen amp sheep with a three amp fuse. I didn't change the subject. I just responded or replied to matters raised by this thread.:utv::utv:

Ah ramAnag the prickly one, a thirteen amp sheep with a three amp fuse. I didn't change the subject. I just responded or replied to matters raised by this thread.:utv::utv:

Lol, ‘prickly one’!
‘Pot, kettle and black’ springs all too readily to mind.
Look at posts one and two...still think you didn’t change/hijack the thread?

You are the one the one who mentions Kranky knows the Championship or are you so senile you have forgot already I was just pointing out He ain't the messiah you think he is You got a nerve saying the Derby searchlight gets turned on your manager You have just spent very day for three weeks sniping about Lampard h e shouldn't be in Russia he should have given up his BBC contract You won't be ready for the start of the season No wonder they won't wear you on NFMad who can blame them Just a sad old troll with no life

You are the one the one who mentions Kranky knows the Championship or are you so senile you have forgot already I was just pointing out He ain't the messiah you think he is You got a nerve saying the Derby searchlight gets turned on your manager You have just spent very day for three weeks sniping about Lampard h e shouldn't be in Russia he should have given up his BBC contract You won't be ready for the start of the season No wonder they won't wear you on NFMad who can blame them Just a sad old troll with no life

You are beginning to sound like the last two who remain on NFMad. Less of the abuse please. So cut out such things as senile and sad old troll with no life. Also our manager is named Karanka. I don't call yours Lambturd although it is appropriate for one who has become attracted to sheep.:p

You are beginning to sound like the last two who remain on NFMad. Less of the abuse please. So cut out such things as senile and sad old troll with no life. Also our manager is named Karanka. I don't call yours Lambturd although it is appropriate for one who has become attracted to sheep.:p

Just weird...you abuse and then moan when you receive something back...you say you won’t call our manager something abusive and then promptly justify it. :arrghh:

Two other Portuguese do or did. Figueiredo currently and Oliviera not so long ago who scored a great goal against Derby. Dambuster teams (who gradually weaken your side before breaking a leg with a third tackle) are not going get you promoted to the Premiership. An intelligent manager has a varied squad at his call and will occasionally protect his star players from the Thugs and play just as in Ice Hockey a minder who is perfectly capable of looking after himself and his team mates.

I have pointed out possible flaws in these 2 young players. You come back with a tome that doesn't negate my thoughts and doesn't say how/why they could be a success. Or are you saying that Karanka just won't select them against the likes of Millwall etc. Such a tactic would see them miss up to 12 games, a 1/4 of the season, just to protect them.....

You have not quietened my doubts.

don't tell me what to do

I don't think anyone has abused you, just pointed out what everyone else knows already: that you are a sad troll, although I don't know about the no life part of it.

As they used to say on NFM back in the day "tick tock, tick tock" although I don't really understand why, but it did annoy,you, perhaps with visions of your own mortality

I don't think anyone has abused you, just pointed out what everyone else knows already: that you are a sad troll, although I don't know about the no life part of it.

As they used to say on NFM back in the day "tick tock, tick tock" although I don't really understand why, but it did annoy,you, perhaps with visions of your own mortality

You do understand why, but I won't go into it. You are as bad as they were. I just hope like one of them that quote doesn't nearly bounce back on you
_____________________________________________________________________________________th.jpg

Latest Rams News