Rowett splashes the cash | Vital Football

Rowett splashes the cash

Roger Ramjet

Vital Reserves Team
Buying Nigerian midfielder, Oghenekaro Peter Etebo , from struggling Portuguese side CD Feirense for Euro 7.2 million.

Funds like that in a relegated squad could explain why he was so keen to move

You don't have to have to be relegated to have those kind of funds. Karanka is spending 13 million on a Portuguese player.:utv:

You don't have to have to be relegated to have those kind of funds. Karanka is wasting 13 million on a Portuguese player.:utv:

According to BBC Radio Nottinem..... Nottingham Forest are in advanced talks to sign 21 year old Benfica midfielder Joao Carvalho for a club-record fee of £10m....... even in Euro that's only €11.34M and not 13M....

Carvalho played EIGHT 1st team games last season. Hardly the experienced type of player they need.

The station also reports that Forest are hoping to sign Carvalho's team-mate, striker Diogo Goncalves, 21, from the Portuguese side but mention no price.

Personally I don't expect either player to end up at the Tree House.

According to BBC Radio Nottinem..... Nottingham Forest are in advanced talks to sign 21 year old Benfica midfielder Joao Carvalho for a club-record fee of £10m....... even in Euro that's only €11.34M and not 13M....

Carvalho played EIGHT 1st team games last season. Hardly the experienced type of player they need.

The station also reports that Forest are hoping to sign Carvalho's team-mate, striker Diogo Goncalves, 21, from the Portuguese side but mention no price.

Personally I don't expect either player to end up at the Tree House.

Goncalves will be on be loan to the end of the season. In addition to these two there should be more by the end of the week making four pre-season signings so far. And Frank Lampard probably hasn't left for Russia yet.

Buying Nigerian midfielder, Oghenekaro Peter Etebo , from struggling Portuguese side CD Feirense for Euro 7.2 million.

Funds like that in a relegated squad could explain why he was so keen to move
Doesn't mean he will be more successful though. I hope he blows the budget and still comes unstuck. Most teams need time to adapt to the Championship and bringing in new and foreign players will not help Rowett.....................................I may be wrong but you never know.

Interesting to hear Lampard say we have a decent budget for the coming season, whether that means for wages for the present squad or cash to bring in other players.(y)

Goncalves will be on be loan to the end of the season. In addition to these two there should be more by the end of the week making four pre-season signings so far. And Frank Lampard probably hasn't left for Russia yet.
Russian (see what I did there?) into buying players will not be Frank's style. He has a wise footballing head on his shoulders and players will become available during the summer, shooting all your wad before June has hardly started is nothing to crow about...
:toot:

As with all transfer rumours, seeing is believing. You haven't bought the one nor borrowed the other yet. Conject away in your little Tree House.

Russian (see what I did there?) into buying players will not be Frank's style. He has a wise footballing head on his shoulders and players will become available during the summer, shooting all your wad before June has hardly started is nothing to crow about...
:toot:

Surely it is in a good manager's style to have his squad into place by the 1st July so that all of his squad have as good a preseason as is possible and switch on to how their manager wants them to play. :utv:

Surely it is in a good manager's style to have his squad into place by the 1st July so that all of his squad have as good a preseason as is possible and switch on to how their manager wants them to play. :utv:
To be honest the state of the game at the moment FFP and all that, and the longer you wait the better the chance of a decent bargain, or at least not being ripped off by the parent club................We already have things in place if you read the main Vital Derby website. All the signs are there for a ne left back and central defensive player, that will cost only their wages......................Good luck with your expensive signings, we have been there done that and it doesn't always work.:nerner::nerner::nerner::nerner::nerner::nerner::nerner:

Credit where it's due. Basie said 13M for the one and a loan for the other and he was right. You must have some good contacts.

I will repeat a previous comment in this thread........... Carvalho played EIGHT 1st team games last season. Hardly the experienced type of player they need. I can see this ending up in tears. The Portuguese League is nowhere near as physical as the Championship. Is the young lad up to it?

Credit where it's due. Basie said 13M for the one and a loan for the other and he was right. You must have some good contacts.

I will repeat a previous comment in this thread........... Carvalho played EIGHT 1st team games last season. Hardly the experienced type of player they need. I can see this ending up in tears. The Portuguese League is nowhere near as physical as the Championship. Is the young lad up to it?

They do say Calvalho is the best player to come out of Portugal since Ronaldo. The price tag would suggest that this could be hopefully true. I see that you are interested in Jack Marriott the prolific Peterborough striker, or is it that Barry Fry is trying to get Forest who are also interested to make a bid. The player is said to prefer Forest.:utv:

To be honest the state of the game at the moment FFP and all that, and the longer you wait the better the chance of a decent bargain, or at least not being ripped off by the parent club................We already have things in place if you read the main Vital Derby website. All the signs are there for a ne left back and central defensive player, that will cost only their wages......................Good luck with your expensive signings, we have been there done that and it doesn't always work.:nerner::nerner::nerner::nerner::nerner::nerner::nerner:

Expensive signings ? We've only made one and that's not official yet. Perhaps Vydra will join us as some have forecast that he will. That would be 20 million spent leaving another 10 million to be spent offset by 10 million sales. We do mean business this season. I know we always say that but next season will be true. Enjoy your struggle next season.:utv:

Last edited:
They do say Calvalho is the best player to come out of Portugal since Ronaldo. The price tag would suggest that this could be hopefully true. I see that you are interested in Jack Marriott the prolific Peterborough striker, or is it that Barry Fry is trying to get Forest who are also interested to make a bid. The player is said to prefer Forest.:utv:

“Jack does want to join Nottingham Forest but Derby’s interest is recent and I would say they have a better chance of making us the right sort of offer," Fry told the Peterborough Telegraph.

according to : https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sp...ws/jack-marriott-derby-forest-bristol-1673567

Its probably all managerial and newspaper bollux but I think to brazenly state that the player prefers NF is a little disingenuous, when his manager is saying he doesnt want to go there.....

Expensive signings ? We've only made one and that's not official yet. Perhaps Vydra will join us as some have forecast that he will. That would be 20 million spent leaving another 10 million to be spent offset by 10 million sales. We do mean business this season. I know we always say that but next season will be true. Enjoy your struggle next season.:utv:
Leave it out! How do you see us struggling when we have taken the Chelsea Academy General and their former top scorer, in one glorious movement. Their contacts alone far outway the need to replace one or two pieces of deadwood from the squad.

“Jack does want to join Nottingham Forest but Derby’s interest is recent and I would say they have a better chance of making us the right sort of offer," Fry told the Peterborough Telegraph.

according to : https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sp...ws/jack-marriott-derby-forest-bristol-1673567

Its probably all managerial and newspaper bollux but I think to brazenly state that the player prefers NF is a little disingenuous, when his manager is saying he doesnt want to go there.....

Agent speak is a wonderful thing, makes World beaters out of the Third tier footballers who happen to have had a decent previous season.

Barry Fry has always talked up his players and made a decent profit for Peterborough in the process.

Have to give it to Mel Morris though he has done a great job getting everyone to believe he , or the club is struggling with FFP and its finances, which we all know is bollocks. How would he get Lampard to sign up as manager if he had so little money to spend on players, unless we are going down the 'Rent a Cheski player" route.

you will need to spend a lot more than £30 million when you've just finished 19th and 17th in the last two seasons They will love those fancy Dan Portuguese in the Championship they don't stand back an d admire them in this division You well an d truly had your pants taken down an d your arses slapped there

As with all transfer rumours, seeing is believing. You haven't bought the one nor borrowed the other yet. Conject away in your little Tree House.

The moment we've been waiting for, a 13 million pound player plus a loanee worth just as much wearing the Forest shirt.:utv::utv:

________________________________________________________main-image-1.jpg

you will need to spend a lot more than £30 million when you've just finished 19th and 17th in the last two seasons They will love those fancy Dan Portuguese in the Championship they don't stand back an d admire them in this division You well an d truly had your pants taken down an d your arses slapped there

One Derby fan getting worked up already. One thing I hope is that they get rested for our local Derby. I just don't want either to sustain a career threatening injury caused by a worked up over zealous Derby player. Karanka have achieved promotion from the Championship before so he knows what the division is all about which is why one of his next players
is one who knows how to look after himself and his team mates.

______________________________________________el-arabi-soudani-98242.png

One Derby fan getting worked up already. One thing I hope is that they get rested for our local Derby. I just don't want either to sustain a career threatening injury caused by a worked up over zealous Derby player. Karanka have achieved promotion from the Championship before so he knows what the division is all about which is why one of his next players
is one who knows how to look after himself and his team mates.

is that the best you can come up with Are you for getting Kranky walked out on Boro because Clayton ( captain ) told him he hasn't got a clue what he was doing He only for lucky there because he had a chairman with bottomless pockets I wasn't referring to Derby players were not that type of team but there are plenty in the Championship who are I can assure you wait till you play Millwall

View attachment 27456

It's funny how when Forest appoint a manager the Derby searchlight gets turned on to them. I bet Karanka never entered your mind in his previous managerial capacity.

Latest Rams News