Rowe v Wade N/G | Page 3 | Vital Football

Rowe v Wade N/G

Ok so those of you seemingly in favour of mandatory pregnancies, how would you feel about mandatory vasectomies as a solution?

or simply education or adequate birth control with abortion a second choice.
Or maybe encouraging two parent families as a norm and sexual responsibility especially with absent fathers.

Other research on the matter suggests the overwhelmingly vast majority of that 92% sees abortion as "another form of contraception".
Perhaps it's time for men to take full responsibility and wear a rubber every time they have sex. It won't gurantee no pregnancy, but it wiil go a long way to minimising it.

The next targets of the nutters are contraception and sex education. On we move from withdrawal of choice through to forced fertility. These clowns pretend to champion liberty.

In other news we know that Marlon Brando & Boris Johnson pressured partners to have abortions. I presume there were many others, did anyone question their motives and create statistics and graphs.

Last edited:
I’m wondering if any of our stateside members could offer any substance to our understanding of the issue, a difficult thing for outsiders to comprehend.

I reckon a decent argument could be made for the USA being a post-democratic society, or post-truth, or maybe even both. Especially with the enquiry in to the ‘stolen election’, Mr Trump and the January 6th capitol riots.

I genuinely don’t know what to make of the US at the moment.

I’m wondering if any of our stateside members could offer any substance to our understanding of the issue, a difficult thing for outsiders to comprehend.

I reckon a decent argument could be made for the USA being a post-democratic society, or post-truth, or maybe even both. Especially with the enquiry in to the ‘stolen election’, Mr Trump and the January 6th capitol riots.

I genuinely don’t know what to make of the US at the moment.
It's not that difficult to understand, the Supreme Couŕt (SCOTUS)

I had a technical issue (and didn’t complete my reply).
SCOTUS (unelected) have passed individual States (elected) the responsibility of making their own laws.
Democracy rules , eh ?
You didn't answer my question on whether you were a parent ?
Tell me to mind my own business if you like , but fathering children often changes one's views on the subject of babies/new life.

There’s the Americans /American Liberals/American Conservatives are beyond understanding, stupid and or evil arguments which we all know by heart, recite in our sleep, and put others to sleep doing so.

There’s the moral-philosophical-religious-scientific arguments about what constitutes human life, and when it begins

There are the political philosophy arguments about rights, who’s entitled to them, who dishes them out, what they actually are, and which ones lie beyond the remit of the will of the people, however that’s expressed.

And there are political-institutional arguments about having a written constitution incorporating a bill of rights interpreted by a Supreme Court, plus a federal structure that devolves power to its constituent parts. It’s interesting how this wish list of many for the UK does not seem to be helping the US much at the moment. Of course, things would be very different in the Uk!

Liberals say the Supreme Court has effectively become a legislative body with a conservative agenda. Conservatives say this actually happened back in the 1960’s with the activist role of the court in the expansion of civil rights. Liberals say that was different as it was expanding rights, not restricting them to square with an 18th century constitution. Conservatives say, that’s our point.

I think it pretty clear that most Americans want no truck with either a total ban on abortions or abortion entirely at the discretion of the bearer of the fetus. There is a difference between something flushed down the toilet with a morning after pill and a viable fetus days away from birth. Politics should be about working out where the agreed answer should lie between those two points, and that answer could shift by time, place and changing circumstance -scientific developments eg. But politics, we are told from all sides, is about power, and the myths of institutions and law are just that and nothing more, to be captured, used and exploited in power games. Maybe that’s true, but if it really is all about power, then we are all, but the poor and vulnerable first, in a really bad place.

Politically, I think the conservatives on the Supreme Court may have overreached, given the Democrats a chance in the mid-terms out of a clear blue and empty sky in terms of their previous electoral prospects, and weakened Trump’s bid to return. I don’t see American government and politics getting any better, however, not least because the politics and other commitments of the members of the court have damaged that institution’s legitimacy and the idea that the law is somehow separate from and above politics. Economic recovery, however, will surely roll around eventually and lower the political temperature. What it won’t do is help us fix the way we do our politics as a battle between contending certainties.

SCOTUS (unelected) have passed individual States (elected) the responsibility of making their own laws.
Democracy rules , eh ?
Tell me to mind my own business if you like , but fathering children often changes one's views on the subject of babies/new life.

It can indeed but patently in very different ways for different men. Some run away from the responsibility, some accept it with varying levels of enthusiasm and most people indulge in self justification. I wonder what proportion of men ever admit a previous partner aborted their child. I have known men who made much of their fatherhood but failed to walk the walk.

Democracy rules , eh ?

Think that’s technically the correct position now with the States being the ones who decide … but is this more democratic or not ? If you’re pro choice but live in the Deep South you now have zero choice but to travel to other states to get that abortion…. Democratic?

or if you’re pro life and live in California and now the SCOTUS has struck down roe v wade …. You still have to see abortion clinics open and busy …. Democratic??? ( I am currently in LA and saw a demo outside a planned parenthood clinic yesterday by pro lifers)…

As a parent I believe it’s a woman’s choice to decide what she wants to do. Not somebody else. Their body their choice.

A persons right to choose.

Options of abortion after 7 months etc maybe?

it could be a person wants to flagellate themselves in public or stab themselves, would nobody stop them after all its their body.

not great examples but this all comes down to which side you are on.

currently its also a persons right to not bother with contraception. Also a right to make a woman pregnant and just walk away.

many facets to this.

In other news from the US, I am pleased to report that the annual July 4th Anglo-American Global World Challenge football match was played at East Gull Lake MN the other day. This is a one-on-one competition played on a ten yard pitch between variably sized goals marked by tree trunks and, in one case, the back of a rusting Ford pickup. The United States of America (aged 6) defeated a very experienced England side by the remarkable score of 12 to 11. Even more remarkable is that this is exactly the same score that occurred in the first running of the game last year. On both occasions, the England team looked comfortable and controlled things for long periods, only to collapse spectacularly in the last five minutes when, oddly enough, the US side appeared to be tiring visibly. What should have been a celebration of football was nearly ruined by a series of pitch invasions undertaken by a partisan American crowd (ages 1 and 3) who sought to pick up the ball, sit on it, and, on one occasion, lick it. Whether this upset the English lad, it’s hard to say, but we’ve learned from the England camp that a formal complaint has not been filed. The American side were not available for comment having gone for ice cream directly after the conclusion of the game.