Rotten to the Core | Page 6 | Vital Football

Rotten to the Core

So .... your "Anti-Corruption Tsar" thinks that you broke the ministerial code, and has submitted a letter of resignation.

It's inconceivable that you're not now tendering your own.

The thickness of your skin is only matched by the thickness of some of those who are still supporting you.

So .... your "Anti-Corruption Tsar" thinks that you broke the ministerial code, and has submitted a letter of resignation.

It's inconceivable that you're not now tendering your own.

The thickness of your skin is only matched by the thickness of some of those who are still supporting you.

It is coming to something when Penrose can't stand Johnson

Penrose - married to Dido Harding
Penrose in deep with Randox - remember them, they were the ones bunging Owen Paterson a load of dosh for consultancy services

From a (very very) prominent centre right journalist Mail, Spectator, Telegraph), we get an absolutely damning assessment of our (soon to be) ex PM.

Quite rightly, he also taints those who kept him in position before they were eventually made to act (if only in order to protect their own positions).

Liz vs Keir. A battle for number ten between two of the most biggest wetwipes we've ever had in parliament. God help this country!

Last edited:
Liz vs Keir. A battle for number ten between between two of the most biggest wetwipes we've ever had in parliament. God help this country!

Blame the Tory membership ... what they see in Truss is absolutely beyond me. She's utterly embarrassing when put under any kind of pressure whatsoever. I don't recollect a single decent interview she's given.

If she was campaigning to remain during the Brexit referendum, no wonder leave bloody won !!!

Blame the Tory membership ... what they see in Truss is absolutely beyond me. She's utterly embarrassing when put under any kind of pressure whatsoever. I don't recollect a single decent interview she's given.

If she was campaigning to remain during the Brexit referendum, no wonder leave bloody won !!!

I actually blame Tory MPs, not the members. It was an opportunity to start afresh and unify, but alas not.

Two similar choices really, and both won’t win an election. As such they’ll only be a two year PM. Personally I hope Truss now gets it as at least we’ll see taxes lowered for a couple of years before Starmer whacks them up again. It’s literally down to that tax issue and the fact she never knifed Johnson as to why she’s now the overwhelming favourite with the members to get the job.

I actually blame Tory MPs, not the members. It was an opportunity to start afresh and unify, but alas not.

Two similar choices really, and both won’t win an election. As such they’ll only be a two year PM. Personally I hope Truss now gets it as at least we’ll see taxes lowered for a couple of years before Starmer whacks them up again. It’s literally down to that tax issue and the fact she never knifed Johnson as to why she’s now the overwhelming favourite with the members to get the job.

Yep, fair point ... though I suppose the MPs are effectively recommending Sunak as their preference as opposed to Truss. I agree re her appeal being largely down to not knifing Johnson too ... let's face it, there's no other obvious reason !

As for Truss lowering taxes, that's all well and good, but as she hasn't offered any kind of budgetary justification - never mind how the hell it'd be paid for - I suspect she'll get ripped to shreds in the head to heads.

She's got a track record of bending whichever way the wind blows, not really doing anything other than maybe "not much harm" ... she'll simply say anything to get elected.

On the outer edges of "legitimate twitter", there are rumours of some absolute bombshells to come out yet ... for both candidates. Got the popcorn ready.

Yep, fair point ... though I suppose the MPs are effectively recommending Sunak as their preference as opposed to Truss. I agree re her appeal being largely down to not knifing Johnson too ... let's face it, there's no other obvious reason !

As for Truss lowering taxes, that's all well and good, but as she hasn't offered any kind of budgetary justification - never mind how the hell it'd be paid for - I suspect she'll get ripped to shreds in the head to heads.

She's got a track record of bending whichever way the wind blows, not really doing anything other than maybe "not much harm" ... she'll simply say anything to get elected.

On the outer edges of "legitimate twitter", there are rumours of some absolute bombshells to come out yet ... for both candidates. Got the popcorn ready.

Rumours of some game changing stuff on Sunak - mo idea what though. Was supposedly out today but hasn’t materialised. May well be bollocks, or it’s been suppressed. Ideal scenario is stuff comes out on both and both withdraw - then we can try again.

if you actually look at the voting numbers then yes he came out on top, but there really wasn’t a great deal between the last three. I don’t think he has a ringing endorsement from MPs- in fact the majority didn’t vote for him. Some polling today amongst members suggesting those who wanted to remain favour him and those leave Truss - perverse really when they campaigned for the opposite.

I agree Truss won’t fair well in the debates. But her message of tax cuts and loyalty will be the main takeaway and Sunak is just stuck on both those issues. She’s obviously got a degree in economics so will have sense of how this stuff works - however I doubt she’ll be worrying about how it’s paid for short term as it won’t be her primary concern.

If I’m picking between the two in terms of who would do a less shitter job I’m picking Sunak, but after he backstabbed Boris he’s got little to no chance of a majority vote from the Tory membership.

The MPs should have gambled and voted through Badenoch. She’s far right and downright dangerous, but she clearly has some spunk about her and would have had more of a chance of terms of appealing to red wall voters in a GE. Alternatively, Mordaunt would have appealed to the floating voters and ‘woke warriors’ although she too is a wet wipe with no charisma.

Let's just get this right ... there was no stabbing in the back. When it was proven that Johnson had lied about the Pincher affair, some (well, most) of his cabinet and junior ministers resigned.

This was the culmination of a number of issues that should have justified resignations much much earlier by anyone with proper integrity.

Johnson was a disgrace. Full stop.

Don't forget the Laffer curve, thought it was bollox in the 1970s, not changed my mind since then.