Rose stays... | Vital Football

Rose stays...

Spursex

Alert Team
Danny Rose poised to stay at Tottenham after impressing Mauricio Pochettino

TELEMMGLPICT000172638740_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqkuAy2fJ2frJEBAY5E1RLz8KTS6Zp24u4Ms6f52RUC_c.jpeg
Tottenham's Danny Rose nips ahead of Manchester United's Romelu Lukaku during the England left-back's first start of the season for Spurs Credit: Clive Mason/Getty Images

28 August 2018 • 10:30pm

Danny Rose is set to fight for his future at Tottenham Hotspur after earning a reprieve under manager Mauricio Pochettino.
Rose is expected to stay at Spurs until January and reject the chance of a loan move to Paris Saint-Germain or Marseille.
European clubs have until Friday to sign Premier League players and the Spurs left-back has emerged as a target for the two French clubs because of his lack of game time.
But it is understood Rose has impressed Pochettino with his response in training over the past week and the defender made his first appearance of the season in Spurs’ 3-0 win at Manchester United on Monday.
The England defender will review his options in the January transfer window if first-team opportunities are limited.

Spurs could offload a number of other players before August 31, however, with Moussa Sissoko and Georges-Kevin Nkoudou both available either permanently or on loan.
Josh Onomah, the England Under-21 international midfielder who spent last season on loan at Aston Villa, is in line for another loan move to the Championship.

I have mixed feelings about Danny, I have the utmost sympathy for his health issues.
Having said that I believe some of his veiled comments about the club reveals something about the man, if he's simply biding his time till Jan then his playing time should be limited.
If he has cleared his head and is happy to to stay and push the club forward, then I would be delighted.
I just suspect that he has a self serving agenda.

Danny Rose poised to stay at Tottenham after impressing Mauricio Pochettino

TELEMMGLPICT000172638740_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqkuAy2fJ2frJEBAY5E1RLz8KTS6Zp24u4Ms6f52RUC_c.jpeg
Tottenham's Danny Rose nips ahead of Manchester United's Romelu Lukaku during the England left-back's first start of the season for Spurs Credit: Clive Mason/Getty Images

28 August 2018 • 10:30pm

Danny Rose is set to fight for his future at Tottenham Hotspur after earning a reprieve under manager Mauricio Pochettino.
Rose is expected to stay at Spurs until January and reject the chance of a loan move to Paris Saint-Germain or Marseille.
European clubs have until Friday to sign Premier League players and the Spurs left-back has emerged as a target for the two French clubs because of his lack of game time.
But it is understood Rose has impressed Pochettino with his response in training over the past week and the defender made his first appearance of the season in Spurs’ 3-0 win at Manchester United on Monday.
The England defender will review his options in the January transfer window if first-team opportunities are limited.

Spurs could offload a number of other players before August 31, however, with Moussa Sissoko and Georges-Kevin Nkoudou both available either permanently or on loan.
Josh Onomah, the England Under-21 international midfielder who spent last season on loan at Aston Villa, is in line for another loan move to the Championship.
That's a sensible move to keep rose at the club in the present climate . He is a lucky individual in that no replacement was brought in during the summer . Of all the players at the club he has had more to say . Often in a negative ,immature fashion ,whilst not exactly showing himself to be irreplaceable .
Maybe he has had a reality check over the summer and had time to consider that it's not always prudent to be talking when you should be listening .
I found that to be true many times in my youth and ended up with a black eye after a night in the boozer . Ha ha

It's easy to see that our main rivals have higher performing players in the LB area than us right now - Robertson, Alonso, Mendy, Shaw.

Davies can be solid and dependable, but hasn't been in his last few games. He'll never offer what those 4 above can though. It's becoming a long shot whether Rose ever will again. His electric pace and levels off stamina that made him look like Kante at LB a couple of years ago don't seem to be there right now.

These next 3-4 months are critical for Rose. If he gets back to somewhere near his best then he will be an asset. Otherwise, we should try and land a LB in either Jan or next summer and move on. That is also as much a statement about Davies abilities to be the long term answer.

Good, we've gotta keep him as we have no back up. He wasn't good against Man Utd (improved in the 2nd half) but when he's back to full fitness he's still one of the best full backs in the league. Him and Davies are great options to rotate for certain games,

I hope we are seriously pushing for a better short to medium term option than either the frankly high maintenance Rose or the unathletic Davis. I'd like Tierney in the Jab window. Let's not wait as we did with Maguire at Hull take chances on players with high potential.

I would keep him till the end of the year, and if he hasn't improved mentally and physically I would sell in January.

We should be looking at a new number 1 LB.

Poch's man management showing again . Rose has said by being picked against Utd the manager is showing faith in him. He wasn't expecting to play. Also he has had a phone call and 2 meetings one to one with Poch recently. Similar to how Lloris was handled, show faith and trust and get loyalty and inspired performance I guess.

Surprisingly perhaps given is current form, Danny has kept his England place and Shaw has been brought in for Young.

So it's straight fight between Shaw and Rose for the England first choice LB slot.

I'm pretty certain I know who'll win it.

Surprisingly perhaps given is current form, Danny has kept his England place and Shaw has been brought in for Young.

So it's straight fight between Shaw and Rose for the England first choice LB slot.

Agree Ex - some amazing battles for places in the England defence. I'm sure Trips and Trent will have a tussle for RWB and I wouldn't be surprised to see Walker re-enter that battle if Gomez slots in the back 3. Can't wait.

At least for Rose, if he does play then it will be as a wing back rather than an orthodox LB like he had to play at OT. Just hope it's not down to who is fit for selection that plays at LB. That's happened way too much since Cole was the regular.

This is great news for Danny and for Spurs. With some mentoring (which he really needs due to apparent immaturity) fitness training, and some matches, hopefully we'll see the Danny Rose of two years ago, and that was one of the best LB's in the country. Let's chant his name and lift him up!

What's more intresting is that Shaw is a free agent next season I'd like to see some real ambition and us offer him top wages and a place as our number one with as I have said Tierney as understudy. If Poch could get him really humming it would piss off United something wicked. Then flog Rose for a realistic fee. 25 million is his worth not 50 lol

I think Rose has been humbled a lot over the past year. Poch has probably recognized that and is willing to give him some chances if he shows the effort and commitment.

The Danny Rose that spoke badly about the club was frustrated and convinced he was one of the best LB in the premier league. Pride and frustration can do that. Now he only has the later. Hopefully he returns to form and learns from all of this. I think he could.

Time for knuckling down and showing some fight. Poch has shown he will drop him if he isn't playing well.

Davies is in poor form though so that could work in Roses favour.

I would bring in Georgiou to give them both a kick up the ass.

What's more intresting is that Shaw is a free agent next season I'd like to see some real ambition and us offer him top wages and a place as our number one with as I have said Tierney as understudy. If Poch could get him really humming it would piss off United something wicked. Then flog Rose for a realistic fee. 25 million is his worth not 50 lol

based on his interview today it sounds like he's pretty loyal to Utd. Said he's miles away from being the best LB in the world but he's at the best club to try and fulfill his dream of being that. Also seems to give Mourinho credit for turning him from a boy into a man... Maybe he appreciated the tough love more than most expected when linking him with moves away.

This is great news.

Few players have dealt with as much combined personally/professionally in the last year as he has. I'm glad he's talking about his depression issues, and how his injuries affected him. It's a rare bit of honesty from a sport that hides alot of shit.

He can be an electric footballer, and on his day easily the best England have at his position. Can you imagine how good he could be if he really knuckled down and went for it?

As far as some of the things he says, I think he would be a very popular athlete/public figure over here in America.

Still need to sign another LB tho. Sessegnon getting done would be fantastic, and gives us something to choose from.