Rolling Results Thread | Page 122 | Vital Football

Rolling Results Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God we now won’t have to put up with the full-on OTT media w******t that it would have been had they won.

But the hard luck stories will abound - how they lost Salah (but they are NOT a one man team remember) :blah:

Fact is Liverpool did not measure up and their keeper cost them. City & Pep would have been absolutely eviscerated had Bravo messed up like that but those glaring, amateurish mistakes were treated very low key

I didn't see the game, but I've seen the goals.
As has been pointed out, Pep/Bravo got pelters last season - let's see what happens after this one.

Ronaldo - his last few finals for club and country, for various reasons, injury included, have been less than stellar.

The following two play-off finals conclude the 2017/18 domestic football season

Sunday, 27th May - League 1
Rotherham v Shrewsbury

Monday, 28th May - League 2
Coventry v Exeter

This Rolling Results thread will be closing following these two games.
(Comment on World Cup games on the dedicated thread).
I will put up a brand new RR thread in good time for the pre-season action and the start of the new season.

I didn't see the game, but I've seen the goals.
As has been pointed out, Pep/Bravo got pelters last season - let's see what happens after this one.

Ronaldo - his last few finals for club and country, for various reasons, injury included, have been less than stellar.

For all the comments that may be made about Liverpool havingto cope without Salah we can respond that Madrid won the game effectively without Ronaldo who was anonymous.

I switched off almost immediately after the final whistle but am led to beleive that Karius was left distraught on the ground for ages without one of his team mates going to console him. You can often learn a lot about someone’s character by how they react in adversity.........doesn’t seem to me that his team mates measured up on that score last night. No matter how bad they were feeling he would have been 10 times worse - no one would want to make mistakes - and so perhaps someone, maybe his captain, should have stepped up. Tells me a lot.

Yes Skoorb, I watched it through and it was painful to witness how distressed he was. No-one should be treated like that. Shame on his teammates.

Poor bloke was really upset and Bale and a couple of others from RM went to him.
A couple of Liverpool boys went to him just on the whistle if I remember correctly.
Taking your eyes off the ball is drummed into you early on and as seen, doing so has catastrophic consequences.
He has my best wishes and I hope they do the right thing at Liverpool by helping him to cope with it.

You can be measured by your compassion for others and for him to have been left bereft for so long before a team mate thought to push their feelings to one side and consider him.........well, it makes me wonder. Big part of the captain’s job you would think.......and I would want to believe that had our keeper made this evening errors, Vinnie amongst others would have stepped up

I’m now rather ashamed of my own gleeful reaction to his howlers during the game, but I was just so pleased with the dippers losing.
:bag:

Your reactions were understandable after the treatment we had to endure from this overweening, self-aggrandising, entitled lot. You were not alone and I am sure your pleasure was an expression of schadenfreude for the collective failure and not the lad individually. I expressed a verbal “oh dear” on both both occasions with a gasp of “Wow” at Bale’s amazing finish in between. I felt very sorry for him at the time, but not for his club.

Nobody felt sorry for Claudio as they continued to deride him throughout the season even our own Ped machine was on that bandwagon. You have to wonder how Karius is going to get over this but also you have to admire his bravery in going to the fans admitting it was his fault.

Are Liverpool a one man team, without Mo's goals Liverpool may well have been facing relegation.

I did note that Macpointaboutalot said that this Liverpool team could challenge City and then went onto tell 6 positions where they should strengthen to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.